1/72 - Fairey Delta FD.2 by Dora Wings - released

Homebee

It's really not fair. Last year I decided to concentrate on 1/48 and not buy any more 1/72 kits, and ever since then there has been a constant stream of subjects I want to build being announced and/or released in that scale.

Not fair at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hi hope that this kit will sell well (I think buying two kits, one for the Silver finish aircraft and the other in Mauve color scheme).

If it would be a new venture in 1/72 Experimental Aircraft range

, I will be very, very happy !

I hope that they have Barrie Hygate's book for reference (All British protos are depicted in tis book with drawings) !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Delta FD.2 by Dora Wings - 3D renders - release in 2021 ?
  • 9 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Delta FD.2 by Dora Wings - 3D renders - release in 2022 ?
  • 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235110957-148-de-havilland-canada-dhc-2l-20au-6a-beaver-by-dora-wings-3d-renders/&do=findComment&comment=4418671

Work on the 3D model is at the final stage.
Due to errors in the first 3d model, we will make a completely new one.

received-342579874681421.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Delta FD.2 by Dora Wings - 3D renders+schemes - release in 2023 ?
30 minutes ago, Homebee said:

IT LIVES !!!!!! Who says miracles don’t happen any more. Thinking about building one more than Fairey did..

• Like 1

Mauve one please. Not a blue one. Don't need a blue one. Or silver, got lots of silver jets that I haven't built yet. Just one, in mauve. Yes I know the silver is classic and the blue is irresistable. Just one, in mauve. Definitely. One.

...do I have space for three? :hmmm:

• Haha 6

• 1 month later...

OK, so this thread started in 2018, five years ago, and now they are finally up to the final renders stage. (Yes, I read that they decided to start again.) At that rate of development we should actually see some cut plastic in around 2027. Why do manufacturers do this - all that announcing a kit way too early does is just leads to drawn-out threads like this, with a couple of 'any news on this' posts a year until finally something happens. We can all list kits that have been promised but have never actually seen the light of day (maybe that's another forum thread?). Come to think of it, I recall seeing a post somewhere of rough parts of an AZ Model 1/48 FD2 at Telford several years ago. Come on guys, I am growing old here...

Why do they do this?  Because it is a useful way of testing the waters - if little or no interest is shown then the money and effort is better spent elsewhere.  It is a lot cheaper to produce artwork or even models than to make the tools and place something in production.  Or just because they think of what might be an even better idea - or just because there is a personal shift of interest away from the type.  Could be any or all of these reasons. 

• Like 2

Just be glad we are hopefully getting a release when it comes, remember Dora are one of Ukrainian companies and  we are just shy of the year things went a bit South for them. Can be less forgiving of the likes of more central european companies, and indeed the one from the boot country who's announcement list seems to be almost a work of science fiction compared to the actual releases......

5 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Just be glad we are hopefully getting a release when it comes, remember Dora are one of Ukrainian companies and  we are just shy of the year things went a bit South for them. Can be less forgiving of the likes of more central european companies, and indeed the one from the boot country who's announcement list seems to be almost a work of science fiction compared to the actual releases......

Yes, all imaginings in the Twilight Vino Moscato Zone. I've been waiting years for the Italeri 1/32 pilots. 

Looking forward to the Dora Wings FD.2 very much indeed. That'll be worth the wait.

Tony

• Thanks 1