B737-800 Air Niugini

Graeme H

Well starting with the decals

Port Side

41748392732_d490ea5c48_k.jpgDSCN1275 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

Starboard side

41748396072_ae9470cd63_k.jpgDSCN1273 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

The long decal did split apart, and thought I had got it back together, but you will notice the split 6 windows back from the rearmost overwing emergency exit, couldn't get the decal to move or get any water under it no matter how hard I tried, and don't want to tear it anymore, so will fill those with a bit of paint, and no one will notice the extra bit of gap between the windows,  right

• Like 5

Getting more stickers on, so port side now done, it broke again, bu this time while in the water made it a lot easier to deal with,I really should have selected a point to cut it, would have made the whole thing a lot easier overall.

Slowly working on the Undercarriage and tailplanes, realised I hadn't painted them yet 🙄

Need the undercarriage on before I fit the engines I think

26989226847_b93c3ca03c_k.jpgDSCN1282 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

Realising that with only a couple of days to go, and going away to a model show over the weekend, I'm in dire need of an extension for this GB to get finished, @Enzo Matrix any chance? :waiting:

• Like 3

Getting closer, but the most I can get done before I go away, still some Tailplanes, Undercarriage bits, and all the aerials etc to add, all time consuming stuff,

where I got to today

27012838347_fb498f589b_k.jpgDSCN1295 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

27012837497_e037089a12_k.jpgDSCN1296 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

27012832727_db56efd649_k.jpgDSCN1300 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

Photos taken in natural light late in the afternoon

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, looking forward to the finished model. One of those aircraft I keep missing in real life - more than once I’ve been about 20 seconds too late to photograph it!

• 4 months later...

As soon as I saw on the news about the Air Niugini 737 overrunning and ending up in the water, I thought about this model. Turns out to be the actual plane involved..At least the outcome wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Dave

Yes last weeks unfortunate incident is a timely reminder to get back to this one

I have almost stopped lately after a week in hospital in August with hear failure, that didn't do much for my mental state either, been slowly getting back into it

hoping the change in medications is helping, start a series of test next week

I missed this build last time around Graeme, very nice PX 737. 

So unfortunate to see the pics of this a/c ditched in the water, however great to hear there were no casualties involved. 

This does look to be a nice kit and another airliner made good by you. Best of luck for the tests next week and we'll chat later. 

Cheers.. Dave  

21 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Yes last weeks unfortunate incident is a timely reminder to get back to this one

I have almost stopped lately after a week in hospital in August with hear failure, that didn't do much for my mental state either, been slowly getting back into it

hoping the change in medications is helping, start a series of test next week

Good to hear that you are getting back on track -health first, then modelling.

I'm also hoping to resume some modelling after an operation and complete my 737 builds.

Dave