ANOTHER WNW - O.O.P.

redcap

WNW Pfalz DIIIa now showing as SOLD OUT.

What a shame as it is the most enjoyable WNW build I have had so far. Thank goodness I have  a couple more in the stash with all those superb markings options still to do!

Gary

16 minutes ago, SoftScience said:

What a conniving way to get people to buy their product. Better hoard wnw kits because once theyre oop, they fetch silly prices in eBay, and there is no other way to get them until we rerelease as a pricey bundle pack. Grrr

To be fair to Wingnut Wings they have no control over the prices of kits on eBay. Some of the kits that are still available have been around for 5 or 6 years so it’s not as if we haven’t had a chance to get them. 

The recent Albatros trio worked out at £58.34 per kit.

Duncan B

Conniving was too strong of a word. Perhaps irritating would be more appropriate. I like their kits but I'm irritated that I missed the boat on many early releases (w.29, pup, tripe, re8). When they were available I wasn't ready to spend that much on a kit.

Even now, I can't afford to horde all the kits currently available, so building a full collection is not feasible. Much as I like the few kits of theirs that I do have, knowing I'll probably never have access to the full range is turning me off from buying more. And what's their reluctance to release French subjects, all about? 

• Like 2

On 31/01/2018 at 3:02 PM, SoftScience said:

What a conniving way to get people to buy their product. Better hoard wnw kits because once theyre oop, they fetch silly prices in eBay, and there is no other way to get them until we rerelease as a pricey bundle pack. Grrr

Well being honest, the first kit of theirs to go OOP (H-B W29 in May 2012) almost straight away started to fetch inflated prices which were often double (or more) list when available and that pattern of supply/demand was almost universally repeated for each subsequently OOP kit which now, I believe, numbers 19 with the addition of the Pfalz DIIIa. Whether that goes the same way remains to be seen but interestingly those available on the web the day (before) it went OOP all suddenly disappeared within 24 hours of it being declared OOP on their site. Coincidence?  As such and being honest, it's not as if the pattern or trend to possibly influence your purchasing decisions when they (were) available (and over the last 6.5 years!) was unpredictable or subjectively, not an exact science !

Gary

• Sad 1

On 1/29/2018 at 4:36 AM, Duncan B said:

WnW had stopped supplying them to their Distributors a while back so I knew the end was near. 

Duncan B

Any others fall in that category now?  If I had to guess I'd say the SE.5a, Fokker E.II/III early, and maybe the Albatros Green Tail Trilogy.

On 2/7/2018 at 12:04 PM, dobk said:

Any others fall in that category now?  If I had to guess I'd say the SE.5a, Fokker E.II/III early, and maybe the Albatros Green Tail Trilogy.

The Green Tail Trilogy was only ever going to be a one batch release done in very limited numbers so no surprise if it’s gone. 

The SE.5a Hisso has also been unavailable from some Distributors for a while, same with the EII/III early. 

Duncan B

On 2/7/2018 at 8:06 AM, Duncan B said:

The Green Tail Trilogy was only ever going to be a one batch release done in very limited numbers so no surprise it’s gone. 

The SE.5a Hisso has also been unavailable from some Distributors for a while, same with the EII/III early. 

Duncan B

Thankyou for the confirmation.

On 07/02/2018 at 2:06 PM, Duncan B said:

The Green Tail Trilogy was only ever going to be a one batch release done in very limited numbers so no surprise it’s gone. 

Duncan B

The JASTA 5 (3X Alb kits) is still on sale on the WNW site. Is the site in error then and it is actually now 'SOLD OUT' status too?

Gary

24 minutes ago, redcap said:

The JASTA 5 (3X Alb kits) is still on sale on the WNW site. Is the site in error then and it is actually now 'SOLD OUT' status too?

Gary

No, they'll still have stock but once the batch is gone they won't make another, or at least that is what I was told by (Uschi Van Der Rosten) Alex Glass. He also told me this was a much smaller batch than WnW would normally run so don't expect to see it around for as long as the regular WnW kits. 

I hope that clears up my earlier statement? (I've added an 'if')

Duncan B

• Like 2

Ahhh.... Ok Duncan thank you.

Good job then that you kindly got me one sometime ago as I suspected when announced that given the subject and the relatively great VFM, it wouldn't be around for too long.

Best regards

Gary

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, redcap said:

Ahhh.... Ok Duncan thank you.

Good job then that you kindly got me one sometime ago as I suspected when announced that given the subject and the relatively great VFM, it wouldn't be around for too long.

Best regards

Gary

I have actually kept one back for myself, I like the box art and who can resist an Albatros anyway?

Duncan B

• Like 1

got mine just under the wire. the Junkers J.1 may be on the endangered species list also. doesn't work anymore, but a couple of weeks ago if you added too many of a kit to your cart the site would tell you how many were actually available. there were 11 of the J.1. 

PS who got the last Pfalz D.IIIa? this guy. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeff.K said:

got mine just under the wire. the Junkers J.1 may be on the endangered species list also. doesn't work anymore, but a couple of weeks ago if you added too many of a kit to your cart the site would tell you how many were actually available. there were 11 of the J.1. 

PS who got the last Pfalz D.IIIa? this guy. 

I had noticed that too about WNW shopping page.  It was probably a glitch in the system.  At that time the Pfalz D.IIIa was down to 2 and went sold out a few days later.  The Jasta 5 set was down to 9.  Just looked on WNW site and the Jasta 5 still has a price up but is absent from the store page.

On the opposite end of the spectrum did you notice how many Felixstowe Lates they had?  Over 900!  I don't think they will ever sell out.

16 hours ago, dobk said:

On the opposite end of the spectrum did you notice how many Felixstowe Lates they had?  Over 900!  I don't think they will ever sell out.

REALLY won't have to hurry to get an Albatros B.II either. 

i've been on a roll lately, last Pfalz, scored the Jasta 5 set late, and HLJ mysteriously showed the Hannover CL.II as in stock... i pounced, I sweated, i waited. and got it!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

I wonder where HLJ found the Hannover?

Duncan B

I have one on the way as well.  It is a steady supply as they have popped in and out of stock since WNW listed the Hannover Sold Out.  They have it now listed as Out Of Stock, not Backordered like the Gotha, Pup, Pfalz DIIIa, etc.  Strangely it is discounted 10%.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dobk said:

It's official.  Albatros Jasta 5 Green Tail Trilogy is Sold Out on Wingnut Wings site.  Duncan, you have one left don't you?

Fastest 'SOLD OUT' ever at just under 7 months. That said, it's an incredible boxing and it (was) fabulous VFM!

Gary

10 hours ago, dobk said:

It's official.  Albatros Jasta 5 Green Tail Trilogy is Sold Out on Wingnut Wings site.  Duncan, you have one left don't you?

Erm, afraid not, it has just been set aside for someone who is buying it.

(I have kept one for myself, it had a slightly bashed box but all the parts are fine)

Duncan B

21 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Ach that's disappointing! I was hoping to be able to get one more set when the cash allowed so that I could (Eventually) build a huge diorama of Jasta V birds.

Sorry Beardie someone else got in before you. 

Duncan B