60s airfix Stuka

StevieD

Does anyone have the 60s poly-bagged Stuka with paper header? If you have I'd like to know what the text is that describes the Stuka.

The reason is I'm writing a book about my father (who was Polish) and part of that involves how I learned about the war from making kits and comics. Even when very young I sensed it must have been very odd for him to watch me dive bombing the living room carpet when he'd been terrorized by the real thing. 

Thanks for any help

• Like 1

googsy

He never talked about Poland or the war. You just knew when you were little that you shouldn't ask questions - although I did. He had a lot of Polish friends and they worked down the mines. The thing that stays with me is seeing them sitting round the fire talking in Polish. Although I couldn't understand the language, I've never seen men show such anger or despair as when they talked about the Russians. If anyone had seen the Devil then they had - I could feel it.

I understand now of course - but as a kid in the 60s  the war was about Britain v Germany and the Russians didn't really come into it much.