Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

35 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

FROG SQUAD !

I like it already.  

Btw Jockney...I was checking the GB schedule and I had forgotten that on December 1 the Maritime Patrol begins.  Aren't you in that too?  What are you building?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I like it already.  

Btw Jockney...I was checking the GB schedule and I had forgotten that on December 1 the Maritime Patrol begins.  Aren't you in that too?  What are you building?

Hi John

I will be resurrecting my Contrail Blackburn Perth ! 

As its by far the biggest Vacform I've ever attempted I will most likely not be doing any other builds if I'm to have a fighting chance of finishing it.

What have you got lined up ?

Cheers Pat

ps I was thinking of you today, while sorting through the stash I found a Italeri Henschel HS128, which comes with a Greek markings !

Sorry to take so long to get back...for the Maritime Patrol I am going to start with a Grumman Duck from Pavla.  There are many options to choose from.  I am thinking the 10th Air Rescue Sqd. from 1947 or a Fleet Air Photographic Unit off of the NAS Norfolk, N. Atlantic 1941.  On the to-do list are:

Hasagawa Seagull

1 or 2 S. American Hawks on floats.  Would river patrol in the Amazon count?

A Supermarine Sea Otter

I think that's enough!

Plus...I don't think the Winter War GB is going to make the cut so I may have to devote some time to my very own Finnish GB...

I am looking forward to a very busy modelling winter!

• Like 1

Hi there

i never joined any group build as always have issue to manage timing, work/hobby so never sure that i will be on time with my build.....but time is to change that :)

Please join me in this GB as FROG kits are one of my first builds ...many...many years ago.

I do not have original issues...but mostly from NOVO which i think is not an issue.

So on the list:

Frog 1/72 Miles Master III
FROG 1/72 Hurricane IIC Night Fighter (only original frog mold)
FROG,1/72,vultee vengeance

Best regards

Djordje

• Like 2

Excellent news @djos, welcome aboard. You've made the right decision. The Matchbox II Group Build from about twelve months ago was my first entry into GB's and I have to say that it's the best thing I've done in order to finally complete some of my many unbuilt models. The deadlines are pretty generous (4 months for a Classic GB) so that should be plenty of time to get at least one finished. There will be plenty of encouragement along the way that will steer you in the right direction. Your choices are all great, best to just start with one and see this one through to the finishing line. 

This is a good opportunity to just highlight all BM GB's in general as they really are an excellent method for all those / us procrastinating modellers out there to 'get some in!!'

Cheers.. Dave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Smudge said:

Please may I join in? I'm sure I can find a likely candidate or two

To qualify Smudge, you need to possess a crazy love of old kits, be able to complete it in approx. four months (barring life issues) and be able to put up with @JOCKNEY's numerous silly antics?? I know the last might be a struggle to contend with, however you should be able to tick the first two boxes one would think? 

Consider yourself 'in' my friend. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Smudge said:

Now that the Airfix GB has finished, I thought I would come over and have a peek at this one.

Please may I join in? I'm sure I can find a likely candidate or two. :)

Welcome aboard Smudge

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

Great news John.. seems like the regular gang will rejoin for another fun filled classic kit journey. Welcome aboard, a Sea Vixen will be just fab. 

Now Pat - what's with the new thread title? Frog Squad???? It's taking me a few attempts to get that right, I suppose it might stick? 

Cheers.. Dave 

On 9/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, Mancunian airman said:

I have 'found' a FRog Lancaster but I know there is no Tallboy bomb with the kit as I gave that away a few years back . . . .

I also have several Novo Lancasters in the smaller scale so I guess you could include me in this GB if you would please.

PS

I also have some Whitley bomber from a Russian manufacturer so I'm guessing they would be former FROG mouldings ??

Ian

Sincere apologies Ian

I didn't get back to you with regards to this post, all of those would be superb. Pop a request on the wanted section for a replacement Tallboy bomb, you never know your luck there are some amazing people on here !

I would love to see a Whitley being built, this was after all until recently the only one you could buy so it would be a fitting tribute to frog to show how well these still turn out.

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Hi everyone 

Err, I think it fair to say I am already feeling the crushing weight of responsibility that this GB is gaining due to the amazing success of the recent Classic Airfix GB.

Fortunately for everyone Dave has promised to provide some sanity to the proceedings and keep everyone in line (mostly me ! ) The Classic Airfix Group Build set a new Britmodeller All Comers Record for number of builds, so let's all dig deep into the really long forgotten areas of the stash and set a new record both in term of quantity of completed builds but also number of different kits built.

Good luck everyone

chees Pat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Great news John.. seems like the regular gang will rejoin for another fun filled classic kit journey. Welcome aboard, a Sea Vixen will be just fab. 

Now Pat - what's with the new thread title? Frog Squad???? It's taking me a few attempts to get that right, I suppose it might stick? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Dave

I noticed Enzo referring to this GB by this in his posts. Happy to change to something less "Groovy" if the members prefer !

cheers Pat

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave 

Ref the advertisement . . .

rather in keeping from the days gone by Dave don't you think ????

Ian

1 hour ago, Mancunian airman said:

Ref the advertisement . . .

rather in keeping from the days gone by Dave don't you think ????

Ian

It reminds me somewhat of the artwork from some of the old Commando books.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Come on Dave

Go with it, embrace the madness :frantic:  :bleh:

Cheers Pat

Seeing it’s part of official folklaw, I’ll accept it. Remind me not to go there after a few cold ones, I might end up saying (typing) something inappropriate! 

Cheers fellow Squad host. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the warm welcome, chaps.

I've had a bit of a browse through to see what other folks might be building. No guarantee, as I have to retrieve them from the loft, but I think I should be able to find a Sea Venom (got some nice ModelArt decals) and maybe an Avenger, or something similar. 

Looking forward to this one already  :) 

On 15/10/2018 at 01:41, Rabbit Leader said:

.................... and be able to put up with @JOCKNEY's numerous silly antics?? I know the last might be a struggle to contend with,

Well, you know what they say, 'You don't have to be mad to be on here, but it helps' 

Now where did I put those boxes..........:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I picked up a Westland Wallace and a Fokker VIIb in their original boxes...Arctic decals has supplied me with new Wallace markings.  The Fokker I may use something else...

Both the Wallace and Fokker VII would be pure Frog Classics John, are you planning on building both kits within the GB period? 

Cheers.. Dave