Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

D*mn - I intended to say "Sisters" as well - sorry Heather. Getting old and forgetful. Alternatively perhaps we could get the BBC Natural History Unit in Bristol to do a film on the interaction of cats and dogs with modellers - you could just imagine Sir David  whispering "and here in pitch darkness we see our feline hero gently and skillfully picking his way along a display shelf full of irreplaceble plastic models"!😁 To date only 1 of our 7 cats has tried that (in broad daylight) and I still have to repair a Bristol fighter and a Dauntless she walked on.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Haha 4

Well we did have a poll of sorts and the GB chose my Rita the Renzan over the the Macrhinhanish Avenger  !

For what its worth, my thoughts are its a blessing the website cant cope with this number of completed builds, ill take that as a badge of honour of how successful our GB has been.

We have seen some amazing builds in this GB which have either fought people all the way or have turned out above all expectations, either way without wishing to fall back on the old cliche genuinely everyone who finished their builds is a winner and for those that didn't.  Please complete them our support is always with you.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

For what its worth, my thoughts are its a blessing the website cant cope with this number of completed builds, ill take that as a badge of honour of how successful our GB has been.

We have seen some amazing builds in this GB which have either fought people all the way or have turned out above all expectations, either way without wishing to fall back on the old cliche genuinely everyone who finished their builds is a winner and for those that didn't.  Please complete them our support is always with you.

But if it is impossible to vote for technical reasons, then why close the gallery?  Maybe someone (not me!) will finish something else?  

😉

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

Muhaha, this GB will be eternal !!!!

😁😁😁

We still have something to strive for, because we have not broken the record for the number of "Santa Barbara" episodes

in terms of the number of  building!

😉😁😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Now to get after Dave aka @Rabbit Leader to update the build list, just when he thought he'd finished !😂

Doh! .. almost forgot about this? Right then, John's three additional Gallery entries sees the official Frog GB stats end up as thus - 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 171 / Total Subjects = 116 / Gallery Entries = 120 / Completion Ratio = 70.2 %

Well done everyone and hope to see a few of you around the traps, especially during next years' Classic Heller GB for those of us who still enjoy fondling "Old things in good condition".. keep it clean now!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, stevej60 said:

EX Hasegawa I think John.I've seen Frog artwork for the USS Missouri too.

Interesting, thanks. I assumed it must have been the Hasegawa kit but the only one I can remember seeing was the Vanguard. 

John 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, OK it's too late but here's a Hotspur II, built mostly from an Airlines kit, except for a few parts from a Novo kit, a seat and  the tail skid.  markings  are painted on except for the fuselage roundel from the spares and the serial, made with a laser printer.  Nice hard silver plastic.  AT this point I wish I hadn't muffed the left side door installation so much.  I guess they are about to open it?  The Novo lit is a very poor rendition with soft plastic and utterly useless decals.  Modeled after a photo of BT551 I found on the net.  Parked next to a CG-4A in the display case, waiting for a Hamilcar.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5