Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

JOCKNEY

Nostalgic Tribute to Frog Model Kits GB 1/6 to 22/9/2019

Recommended Posts

Following the recent hugely popular posting elsewhere on BM, see link below.

 

 

I thought it only right and proper that we channel all that enthusiasm for Frog kits into a Group Build. I had a look to see if this has been done already but couldn't find one.

 

Participants

1. Jockney

2. Vppelt68

3. Bonhoff 

4. Corsairfoxfouruncle

5. ThePlasticSurgeon

6. stevej60

7. stevehnz

8. Ray S

9. bristol boy

10. 06/24

11. CliffB

12. Dermo245

13. Martin T

14. Rabbit Leader

15. Tony W

16. Grandboof

17. PhoenixII

18. adey m

19. Mjwomack

20. Mark SH

21. Romeo Alpha Yankee

22. malpaso

23. GREG DESTEC

24. Mr T

25. Paul J

26. Redstaff

27. Wallyinoz 

28. Gengriz

29. John D C Masters

30. RafAlbert

31. Black Knight

32. AdrianMF

33. Mancunian airman

34. English Electric

35. Crossiant Oliver

36.

37.

38.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Therefore if like many of us you grew up enjoying Frog kits or all the re-releases that came afterwards Novo, Revell etc this is for you.

 

Given the recent amazing Matchbox II BG it will be great to see as many of the range as possible getting built.

 

Cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I'm in of course. Glad you came up with the proposal👍. Need help? V-P

Hi V-P

Absolutely ive only ever taken part in GB's never hosted so I'd be delighted if you'd join me

cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go on then - Hornet and Do-335 in stash...

 

IanJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Go on then - Hornet and Do-335 in stash...

 

IanJ

Nice choices Ian,  I have have never built either, so look forward to seeing them in the future

 

Cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in Pat without a doubt,building the Beaufighter for the 10th anniversary GB right now,I never built more than a half dozen when they were

a going concern so there's a good few I'd love to have a crack at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmmm if memory serves isn't the Revellogram A-7 corsair II an old frog kit ? If so im in with that. 

 

Hmmm bit of bad luck i guess. That A-7 was an Aurora product. I will see if i can find something else to use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reckon I'd be keen to have a crack at this too, several I can choose from.

Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Pat, I would like to be included too please, I have a couple of Novo Trainers:- the Miles Magister I and the Percival Proctor IV. I just need to check out alternative transfer for them, as I have read that the Novo ones are, shall we say, not all that good!

 

Ray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2018 at 11:20 PM, stevej60 said:

I'm in Pat without a doubt,building the Beaufighter for the 10th anniversary GB right now,I never built more than a half dozen when they were

a going concern so there's a good few I'd love to have a crack at.

Great choice Steve, I look forward to seeing it in the further, however you have a while to change your mind !

cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2018 at 12:50 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

 

Hmmm bit of bad luck i guess. That A-7 was an Aurora product. I will see if i can find something else to use. 

Sorry about that, I would have a look at Scalemates, you are bound to find something you already have in the stash but didn't realise if was a Frog kit previously, the Russian Frog / Novo copy's are very cheap but the decals can be a mission impossible, unless someone on here has a magic answer !

cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2018 at 1:39 AM, stevehnz said:

Reckon I'd be keen to have a crack at this too, several I can choose from.

Steve.

Come on Steve, no teasing what lurks within the stash ? :door:

cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ray S said:

Hello Pat, I would like to be included too please, I have a couple of Novo Trainers:- the Miles Magister I and the Percival Proctor IV. I just need to check out alternative transfer for them, as I have read that the Novo ones are, shall we say, not all that good!

 

Ray

Great choices Ray

I built the Novo Proctor a while back which was great, but the decals disintegrated upon contact with water as you describe.

I have heard that coating with clear varnish can work or can you scan them and reprint on decal paper. Neither of which I have tried !

Hopefully someone reading this will know what to do to rescue those of us with Novo kits  :pray:

cheers Pat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Come on Steve, no teasing what lurks within the stash ? :door:

cheers Pat

There is at least one each Frog Wildcat, Hellcat, Corsait, Avenger & Swordfish (x2?), Novo (maybe, anonymous in bag with Cyrillic instructions) Sea Vixen (x2) one to go with resin FAW.1 conversion, Wyvern plus old one in bits to go with resin T.2(?) conversion, Wessex one Frog, one spawn, Hornet, Firefly, 1 original & 2 spawn, spawn Barracuda &  Revell Blenheim Mk ! Holy hell, that's more than I realised, don't expect them all to surface. :)

Steve.

Oh, & a Proctor (just saw your last post) & a couple of Miles Masters, one destined to be encumbered with an Airfix Blenheim engine as a Mk II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bristol boy said:

Me too, where’s that Vimy....

That's a surprise, I had you down for a Beaufort !

Lots of people have the Vimy, if you do half as good a job on that as you did your recent Iris we are in for a treat  :)

 

cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 06/24 said:

Oh yes. Great idea! Lysander, or another Comet?

Either would be great. Out of curious are the kits Bagged or boxed ?

 

cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

That's a surprise, I had you down for a Beaufort !

Lots of people have the Vimy, if you do half as good a job on that as you did your recent Iris we are in for a treat  :)

 

cheers Pat

Ooh forgot I have an Encore Beaufort, that’s Frog isn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

There is at least one each Frog Wildcat, Hellcat, Corsait, Avenger & Swordfish (x2?), Novo (maybe, anonymous in bag with Cyrillic instructions) Sea Vixen (x2) one to go with resin FAW.1 conversion, Wyvern plus old one in bits to go with resin T.2(?) conversion, Wessex one Frog, one spawn, Hornet, Firefly, 1 original & 2 spawn, spawn Barracuda &  Revell Blenheim Mk ! Holy hell, that's more than I realised, don't expect them all to surface. :)

Steve.

Oh, & a Proctor (just saw your last post) & a couple of Miles Masters, one destined to be encumbered with an Airfix Blenheim engine as a Mk II

I think lots of us have more Frog / Novo kits than we realise, now all you have to do is choose !

 

cheers Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Either would be great. Out of curious are the kits Bagged or boxed ?

 

cheers Pat

Haha. Unbought would be more accurate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×