Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

On 9/5/2018 at 8:10 PM, Ray S said:

Hello Pat, 

It looks like I am on the list twice (numbers 8 and 20)! I can always do two builds if it helps!

But I agree, we must try to get this one going, after all, the Airfix Golden Years GB has been brilliants, and I know there are a LOT of Frog kits I have never built!

All the best, and anybody else - please sign up!

Ray

Apologies Ray

Complete muppetry on my part !

Unless you have a preference I will remove you number 20 and keep you foundation membership of number 8.

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Hopefully my mojo will be back by the time this GB gets going. If so, I have a Novo Proctor, seeing as I missed out on the recent new tool kit, to add to others I see that have been mentioned.

• Like 2

Go on then, put me down for a go

I know I've got a couple (at least) of frog/novo kits in the loft but not sure what, will be 50s/60s RAF jets though I think, Lightning, Meteor, Hunter possibly 🤔

If not I can always get hold of something :)

Ian

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paul J said:

Hopefully my mojo will be back by the time this GB gets going. If so, I have a Novo Proctor, seeing as I missed out on the recent new tool kit, to add to others I see that have been mentioned.

Hi Paul

Thanks very much for joining us in our hour of need.

I built a Novo Proctor a while ago the kit was no trouble but I'm afraid the decals desolved on contact with water.

Might be worth searching for suitable replacements 

cheers Pat

4 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Go on then, put me down for a go

I know I've got a couple (at least) of frog/novo kits in the loft but not sure what, will be 50s/60s RAF jets though I think, Lightning, Meteor, Hunter possibly 🤔

If not I can always get hold of something :)

Ian

Top man Ian 

Dont forget FROG did the Javelin and Canberra as well.

Let us know what you uncover in your quest in the loft

cheers Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Paul

Thanks very much for joining us in our hour of need.

I built a Novo Proctor a while ago the kit was no trouble but I'm afraid the decals desolved on contact with water.

Might be worth searching for suitable replacements 

cheers Pat

Cheers. I plan to do a post war RAF one or maybe a Civvy one if I can find suitable scheme so no worries about the kit decal. 'Hundreds of years' ago I did build a proper Frog one but it went to where kits die at some point.

5 hours ago, wallyinoz said:

Hi there,

I don't get back to my workbench in OZ until mid October, if you can wait that long I'll be in with my only and recently acquired Frog Spawn Comet 1/100 1/96? kit.

cheers

wally

Thanks very much Wally

Dont worry about dates at the moment we need people joining this to get included in the poll.

Then hopefully we will have enyvotes to get to be included in the 2019 Group Build 

cheers Pat

• Like 1

I also have an Eastern Express Sea Venom...

I am pretty sure I never built FROG kits as a youngster.  My father probably did when I was young.  I think mine were almost always Airfix.

Maybe FROG was more common in the UK.

Edited by John D.C. Masters
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I also have an Eastern Express Sea Venom...

I am pretty sure I never built FROG kits as a youngster.  My father probably did when I was young.  I think mine were almost always Airfix.

Maybe FROG was more common in the UK.

Hi John

Sea Venom is a great choice, I haven't built an eastern express kit before, so look forward to seeing this one.

I remember buying FROG kits in the Republic of Ireland as a nipper so they couldn't all have stayed in the UK !

We just need to get enough votes in the poll to let the fun begin

cheers Pat

In celebration of this GB getting to the voting stage, the original 1973 Frog Canberra B (I) 8 has been duely ordered as promised!

I'm starting to think that this Frog GB might end up a bad idea.

43867017844_397000b76f_b.jpg

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have 'found' a FRog Lancaster but I know there is no Tallboy bomb with the kit as I gave that away a few years back . . . .

I also have several Novo Lancasters in the smaller scale so I guess you could include me in this GB if you would please.

PS

I also have some Whitley bomber from a Russian manufacturer so I'm guessing they would be former FROG mouldings ??

Ian

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 9:51 PM, rafalbert said:

I have a few Frog kits so count me in for this.

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks very much for joining us, you are very welcome.

Any idea what ones you gave and which you are considering building ?

cheers Pat

On 9/10/2018 at 8:12 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

This one is in the poll for 2019.

2019?  - no no no no no, my Canberra is on the desk and ready to go this month!!!!!     

Actually, my database tells me there are 48 unbuilt FROG/FROG derivatives in the stash, so lots to choose from when the time comes.

Now, being a little controversial, would an Academy Avenger or Wildcat qualify?   

The parts are completely interchangeable with the Froggy, stand fast engraved panel lines. The Wildcat even has the stand :)  

• Like 1