Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

15 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Giorgio

Your Sea Venom, is very welcome, and of course as it's your build you may naturally add as much detail as you wish.

I very much look forward to following your build.

kindest regards Pat

Thanks Pat !

The kit should already include a metal instrument panel and seats, I have a Falcon vacform canopy, I'll see what else modify.

I realized that I also have a couple Frog kits in the sale section... if they're not sold by the time the GB starts I may try these ones too

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Last November I was given a load of old kits. Included are two very early Frog kits; a Hawker Hunter and a Gloster Javelin. They have no boxes or decals.

As I hve no boxes, decals or even instructions all I can say is the Hunter is pre-74 and the Javelin is pre-75. They are really basic, eg wheel well doors moulded closed, bobble head pilots, I'll just be painting them and putting generic markings on them

I might have copies of instructions and painting guides, if that's any help ?

I have a couple of Blackburn Sharks in the stash and although a challenge, I think a Swordfish predecessor is in order. I recall I picked up a Martlet in its original poly bag packaging so that's something to dog out. (You all probably realise by now I like building Martlets). A stash review might unearth a couple more including some Eastern European Frogspawn. I think there's a Novo Shackleton; is that Frog?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 825 said:

I have a couple of Blackburn Sharks in the stash and although a challenge, I think a Swordfish predecessor is in order. I recall I picked up a Martlet in its original poly bag packaging so that's something to dog out. (You all probably realise by now I like building Martlets). A stash review might unearth a couple more including some Eastern European Frogspawn. I think there's a Novo Shackleton; is that Frog?

Hi 825

All great choices.

I don't think I've ever seen a Novo Shackleton, you might have a collectors item !

Can you post a picture ?

cheers Pat

21 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi 825

All great choices.

I don't think I've ever seen a Novo Shackleton, you might have a collectors item !

Can you post a picture ?

cheers Pat

Will have a look tomorrow Pat. Will be later on, have a physio appointment early on. And then see off 825 junior on his train back to uni. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 825 said:

Will have a look tomorrow Pat. Will be later on, have a physio appointment early on. And then see off 825 junior on his train back to uni. 

Pat it's not Novo but a Chematic boxing. According to Scalemates it's definitely Frogspawn and dates from 1999. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/135522-chematic-avro-shackleton

• Thanks 1

Nice one 825

I have an unbuilt one of these, which I feel guilty about every time I am admiring a newly completed one that has been built.

I would love to see one included in this GB, 

cheers Pat

3 hours ago, Muddyf said:

I have a mk21 Beaufighter staring at me from the stash and, barring discovery of a Beaufort, get that into the GB.

Outstanding, 

Welcome to the GB, Im looking forward to seeing this one when the Group Build starts

cheers Pat

• 2 weeks later...

In The Stash I have a Buccaneer, in the original FROG box, no less.   It was originally earmarked for the Buccaneer STGB at the end of the year, but the recent announcement from Airfix has changed my plans.

The FROG Buccaneer will now make an appearance in this GB. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat 

Could you put me down for this too.  I hope to be almost finished with the house by then and so hope to have time to spare. 

I have several to choose from

Blackburn Shark

Whitley

Novo Vickers Vimy 

Novo Wallace

Thanks and all the best

Chris

• Like 1

Hi!

I have a Frog 1/32 Mig-15 if that counts? 😜

Joking aside I would love to participate please? My dad has a few of these kits kicking about that I'm sure I could persuade him to part with...

• Like 1

On 19/02/2019 at 09:33, Doccur said:

Hi!

I have a Frog 1/32 Mig-15 if that counts? 😜

Joking aside I would love to participate please? My dad has a few of these kits kicking about that I'm sure I could persuade him to part with...

Hi Doccur

You are very welcome, lots of kits to choose from, unfortunately your Mig-15 isn't one of them !

cheers Pat

Well, I'd forgotten about it and was focused on Eduard Hellcats.   But this one will definitely be in the Frog Squad GB.   

It seems that if a subject carried British markings at any point in its career, then Frog would provide those markings. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Well, I'd forgotten about it and was focused on Eduard Hellcats.   But this one will definitely be in the Frog Squad GB.   

It seems that if a subject carried British markings at any point in its career, then Frog would provide those markings. 

That's a really good point that hadn't occurred to me, after all they made their Mitchell with British markings as well, complete with invasion stripes if I remember correctly.

Im really looking forward to this GB, trouble is the last 2 Classic Kit GB's were such a HUGE success, I'm feeling a bit under pressure :unsure:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

On 30/01/2018 at 16:36, Ventora3300 said:

Sounds like a great idea long overdue - I am in, thanks. I originally only did three Frog kits that I can remember and still to do one this second time around. Plenty have been 'collected' since so I will ponder on which to dig out...

I've done a bit of pondering now (and built three old Frogs in the interim) and fancy building one (or all if time permits) of the Frog 'Trailblazer' series. The only one I didn't manage to get was the R101 Airship but I think you need to be a Lottery winner to be able to pick one of those up, unbuilt. What struck me about this Series was that they were all 'unusual' subjects that nearly all were produced exclusively by Frog and you got a mini history lesson on the subject via an enhanced set of Instructions. I'll do 'Southern Cross' first.

jWfeuRf.jpg

• Like 5

Nice collection Mike and I’ll be keen to see you building one of Australia’s most famous of trail blazing aircraft. This GB is only three months away, I’m sure that’ll come around quicker than we all think! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice collection Mike and I’ll be keen to see you building one of Australia’s most famous of trail blazing aircraft. This GB is only three months away, I’m sure that’ll come around quicker than we all think! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave and if I remember correctly, didn't you say you drive past the original 'Southern Cross' most days? (or am I needing to retire for the evening!)

• Like 1

You are correct on both fronts @Ventora3300. Working at Brisbane Airport I do drive past the old bus on my way to work and you should also retire for the night, ‘tis getting wee late for you I’d say! 

Cheers. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1