Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

Following the recent hugely popular posting elsewhere on BM, see link below.

I thought it only right and proper that we channel all that enthusiasm for Frog kits into a Group Build. I had a look to see if this has been done already but couldn't find one.

Participants

1. @JOCKNEY

2. @vppelt68

3. @Bonhoff

4. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

5. @theplasticsurgeon

6. @stevej60

7. @stevehnz

8. @Ray S

9. @bristol boy

10. @06/24

11. @CliffB

12. @Dermo245

13. @zebra

14. @Rabbit Leader

15. @TonyW

16. @Grandboof

17. @PhoenixII

18. @adey m

19. @Mjwomack

20. @MarkSH

21. @Romeo Alpha Yankee

22. @malpaso

23. @GREG DESTEC

24. @Mr T

25. @Paul J

26. @Redstaff

27. @wallyinoz

28. @gengriz

29. @John D.C. Masters

30. @rafalbert

31. @Black Knight

32. @AdrianMF

33. @Mancunian airman

34. @English Electric

35. @Crossiant Oliver

36. @djos

37. @Smudge

38. @Jinxman

39. @bigbadbadge

40. @Doccur

41. @Enzo Matrix

42. @jean

43. @shatters

44. @Sabre_days

45. @Peter B

46. @Atom.uk

47. @LDSModeller

Therefore if like many of us you grew up enjoying Frog kits or all the re-releases that came afterwards Novo, Revell etc this is for you.

Given the recent amazing Matchbox II, and Classic Airfix Group Builds it will be great to see as many of the range as possible getting built.

Cheers Pat

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I'm in of course. Glad you came up with the proposal👍. Need help? V-P

Hi V-P

Absolutely ive only ever taken part in GB's never hosted so I'd be delighted if you'd join me

cheers Pat

• Like 1

I'm in Pat without a doubt,building the Beaufighter for the 10th anniversary GB right now,I never built more than a half dozen when they were

a going concern so there's a good few I'd love to have a crack at.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmmm if memory serves isn't the Revellogram A-7 corsair II an old frog kit ? If so im in with that. 

Hmmm bit of bad luck i guess. That A-7 was an Aurora product. I will see if i can find something else to use. 

• Sad 1

Hello Pat, I would like to be included too please, I have a couple of Novo Trainers:- the Miles Magister I and the Percival Proctor IV. I just need to check out alternative transfer for them, as I have read that the Novo ones are, shall we say, not all that good!

Ray

• Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 11:20 PM, stevej60 said:

I'm in Pat without a doubt,building the Beaufighter for the 10th anniversary GB right now,I never built more than a half dozen when they were

a going concern so there's a good few I'd love to have a crack at.

Great choice Steve, I look forward to seeing it in the further, however you have a while to change your mind !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

On 29/01/2018 at 12:50 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmmm bit of bad luck i guess. That A-7 was an Aurora product. I will see if i can find something else to use. 

Sorry about that, I would have a look at Scalemates, you are bound to find something you already have in the stash but didn't realise if was a Frog kit previously, the Russian Frog / Novo copy's are very cheap but the decals can be a mission impossible, unless someone on here has a magic answer !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ray S said:

Hello Pat, I would like to be included too please, I have a couple of Novo Trainers:- the Miles Magister I and the Percival Proctor IV. I just need to check out alternative transfer for them, as I have read that the Novo ones are, shall we say, not all that good!

Ray

Great choices Ray

I built the Novo Proctor a while back which was great, but the decals disintegrated upon contact with water as you describe.

I have heard that coating with clear varnish can work or can you scan them and reprint on decal paper. Neither of which I have tried !

Hopefully someone reading this will know what to do to rescue those of us with Novo kits  :pray:

cheers Pat 

22 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Come on Steve, no teasing what lurks within the stash ? :door:

cheers Pat

There is at least one each Frog Wildcat, Hellcat, Corsait, Avenger & Swordfish (x2?), Novo (maybe, anonymous in bag with Cyrillic instructions) Sea Vixen (x2) one to go with resin FAW.1 conversion, Wyvern plus old one in bits to go with resin T.2(?) conversion, Wessex one Frog, one spawn, Hornet, Firefly, 1 original & 2 spawn, spawn Barracuda &  Revell Blenheim Mk ! Holy hell, that's more than I realised, don't expect them all to surface. :)

Steve.

Oh, & a Proctor (just saw your last post) & a couple of Miles Masters, one destined to be encumbered with an Airfix Blenheim engine as a Mk II

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bristol boy said:

Me too, where’s that Vimy....

That's a surprise, I had you down for a Beaufort !

Lots of people have the Vimy, if you do half as good a job on that as you did your recent Iris we are in for a treat  :)

cheers Pat

5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

There is at least one each Frog Wildcat, Hellcat, Corsait, Avenger & Swordfish (x2?), Novo (maybe, anonymous in bag with Cyrillic instructions) Sea Vixen (x2) one to go with resin FAW.1 conversion, Wyvern plus old one in bits to go with resin T.2(?) conversion, Wessex one Frog, one spawn, Hornet, Firefly, 1 original & 2 spawn, spawn Barracuda &  Revell Blenheim Mk ! Holy hell, that's more than I realised, don't expect them all to surface. :)

Steve.

Oh, & a Proctor (just saw your last post) & a couple of Miles Masters, one destined to be encumbered with an Airfix Blenheim engine as a Mk II

I think lots of us have more Frog / Novo kits than we realise, now all you have to do is choose !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

That's a surprise, I had you down for a Beaufort !

Lots of people have the Vimy, if you do half as good a job on that as you did your recent Iris we are in for a treat  :)

cheers Pat

Ooh forgot I have an Encore Beaufort, that’s Frog isn’t it?