Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

I notice that there are 101 entries in the Gallery thread - some of them have two or more models.

There is no way that the forum software can handle that sort of volume for a poll.  I think this is a conspiracy.  You should all be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!  :nono:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

There is no way that the forum software can handle that sort of volume for a poll.

Is it time to update the software perhaps? No seriously, the great thing about these Classic kit GB’s is that it doesn’t end up being a competition, so any kit that actually makes it to ‘Gallery’ status is naturally classified a winner. Perhaps that’s why they end up so popular? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 8

Hi Dave,

Oops - looks like your various national teams are having a bad year! Oh well, at least they managed to retain the Ashes. Better luck next time. The way the Kiwis are playing I can't see anybody beating them, but you never know.

So this amazing GB is drawing to a close and you will have a bit more free time (he said jokingly). Well done and thanks.

Pete

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PeterB said:

So this amazing GB is drawing to a close and you will have a bit more free time (he said jokingly).

GB not finished until not finished last model declared on this GB!!!

😉😁

There is still 24 hours, you can still finish one model type Sea Hawk or Hunter F.Mk.1 :

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that we are are in the final hours I would like to thank Jockney and Rabbit Leader for their work in leading this Group Build. Although I only did two models (as I have not that many Frog kits left, most have been replaced by newer models), it has been good fun updating kits that came out about the same time Mrs T was born. Some great models, showing that Frog had some imagination in choosing subjects. 

• Like 8

On 10/19/2019 at 2:14 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

There is no way that the forum software can handle that sort of volume for a poll.

But maybe just can divide the vote into two parts in two topic?

😉😎

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark

On 19/10/2019 at 00:51, Rabbit Leader said:

the great thing about these Classic kit GB’s is that it doesn’t end up being a competition, so any kit that actually makes it to ‘Gallery’ status is naturally classified a winner. Perhaps that’s why they end up so popular? 

Hear hear Dave 👏

Do we really need to have a poll as choosing one winner out of all of the great entries would be an impossible task

As you have stated, they are all winners, as fighting these 40+ odd year old kits into a state where you let others view them is a feat in itself :) 

It's been a great GB and I've enjoyed the banter as we've gone along, it's a shame from my side that time ended up being the limiting factor and I struggled to get one kit finished in the end

Big thanks to @Rabbit Leader and @JOCKNEY for herding us along and keeping order :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Well, that was a bit good, wasn't it? 

I've enjoyed every minute of this build. The kits that have appeared from the mists of time have been astounding. FROG really were major players in their day and the builds here have shown that to perfection. I wondered if the Airfix GB would ever get topped, but I think this one has managed to do that.

A huge thank you has to go out to our hosts, Mike and Pat. They sound like a dodgy seventies double act, but they have guided us lot from start to finish like a couple of Flower Class Corvettes on convoy duty. Thank you both.

Here comes the indulgent bit....

My own builds have somewhat startled me as I've gathered them all together this afternoon for a few group pictures. Fourteen builds! Blimey.

I hope you won't mind me showing off a bit, I am on a roll the moment. 😁  Here's my output for this fantastic GB.

IMG-9894.jpg

IMG-9903.jpg

IMG-9910.jpg

IMG-9911.jpg

IMG-9387.jpg

IMG-9861.jpg

Two fell on the wayside, an early box scale Blenheim that defeated me with the canopy. I managed to smooth away all the framework and couldn't quite rescue the build. It's packed away now, awaiting rescue at a later date

An attempt at doing a FROG issue of Kawanishi's Emily flying boat got defeated by time. I didn't do myself any favours starting this one with only a week or so left of the build. 

I've had an absolute blast from begining to end with this build and can't wait for FROG GB II

Edited by TonyW
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Time got in my way, and a dash to complete before the end was thankfully achieved.

Thanks for everyone who built in this GB, many inspiring posts (and thanks for the increased stash...🙄) and great to see old kits given a breathe of life!

Thanks all

Muddyf

• Like 5

Well all good things come to an end. @Enzo Matrixhas formally closed the Gallery @Rabbit Leaderwill tell us the final total, i dont know about anyone else but i feel exhausted after this GB, its been epic in every sense.

Thank you so much to everyone builders supporters and spectators alike, it wouldn't have been the same without you  !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

20 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Well all good things come to an end. @Enzo Matrixhas formally closed the Gallery @Rabbit Leaderwill tell us the final total, i dont know about anyone else but i feel exhausted after this GB, its been epic in every sense.

Thank you so much to everyone builders supporters and spectators alike, it wouldn't have been the same without you  !

Cheers Pat 

And  a great GB it was too Pat. It was good to see so many late finishers make it over the line and into the Gallery. Thanks again to you, Dave and Enzo for all your efforts in your differing roles.  After all of the excitement of the last couple of hours I am going for a lie down in a darkened room. :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Many thanks to Jockney Enzo and Rabbit Leader and all who joined in . This has been fun . I have learnt a lot about Frog kits that I didn't know existed . 200 in the gallery in the next classic GB maybe .

Martin H

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Yes a big thanks to the hosts for the mammoth task of herding us all to the finish line it really does feel like end of the Holiday time

now good job I've over committed to a couple of more GB's before the year's end,one of the positives is I'm now gathering a collection

(well five)  Airfix kits for a trip back to the mid seventies when they were the latest thing and so was I. A WIP has been started for those 

seeking more nostalgia, anecdotes and memories appreciated!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, Mr T said:

Now that we are are in the final hours I would like to thank Jockney and Rabbit Leader for their work in leading this Group Build. Although I only did two models (as I have not that many Frog kits left, most have been replaced by newer models), it has been good fun updating kits that came out about the same time Mrs T was born. Some great models, showing that Frog had some imagination in choosing subjects. 

+1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I certainly picked a good one for my first GB! Thanks to all involved in a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I don't know what the final totals will be but unless I am mistaken (highly possible), John seems to have finished at least 3 yesterday and posted pics in the relevant threads, but not in the gallery, which is a pity as I guess they can't be included?

Compared with the other GB I have entered, there seems to be a lot more "conversation" in this one, and not just about the kits. I have never been a member of a modelling club, but I imagine it would be a similar sort of relaxed atmosphere - perhaps something to do with the organisers.

Thanks guys!

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, PeterB said:

Compared with the other GB I have entered, there seems to be a lot more "conversation" in this one, and not just about the kits.

Pete, as for my, "conversation" it's good... and "conversation" need, because now we know many interesting story from FROG age, NOVO age and post-NOVO age.

Some story funny, some sad, but they are all very interesting.

Will I participate in the future "FROG Squard GB-2"?  Most probably not.

Will I finish my Typhoon? Most probably yes.

Will you hear from me new memories of the NOVO era?

Of course yes!

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good evening (Scottish Mean Time) Ladies and Gentlemen. 

Tonight i threw myself at the feet of his GB majesty @Enzo Matrixto allow the gallery to be reopened to enable @Johnto add his 3 completed builds to the gallery. 

Enzo has graciously allowed this as a special case, helped greatly by John being on the correct side of Hadrians Wall (ok i added the last bit) 😉

Therefore @Johnplease get your 3 excellent completed builds in the gallery without further delay.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like you owe Enzo either a Haggis or a bottle Pat. Well done. Just taken the liberty of sending John a PM in case he is not looking at the forum - you may have already done that so sorry.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Pete, as for my, "conversation" it's good... and "conversation" need, because now we know many interesting story from FROG age, NOVO age and post-NOVO age.

Some story funny, some sad, but they are all very interesting.

Will I participate in the future "FROG Squard GB-2"?  Most probably not.

Will I finish my Typhoon? Most probably yes.

Will you hear from me new memories of the NOVO era?

Of course yes!

B.R.

Serge

Hi Serge,

Always nice to hear from you, whether it be interesting information about the ex Frog kits built in the former USSR ( or should I say CCCP), or your other amusing and also sometimes sad stories. I hope the situation over there improves before long, and look forward to hearing from you on other builds.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PeterB said:

Sounds like you owe Enzo either a Haggis or a bottle Pat. Well done. Just taken the liberty of sending John a PM in case he is not looking at the forum - you may have already done that so sorry.

Pete

Hi Pete

No i haven't sent John a PM, so thanks very much. Lets hope he gets back to us !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2