Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

10 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

IN.

They were marketed in FROG boxes............

Adey just bought the wrong box, plastics the same.

Remember, the deal was reciprocal, some FROG kits were boxed as Hasegawa.

NB Adey, NORMAL size this time :whistle:

Sorry Adey, did you keep the receipt ?

Or perhaps we can find someone with the FROG box you could borrow just for this GB :whistle:

cheers Pat

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Time for a "Pick me up" as we have slipped onto the second page !

IMG_3832

Anything take your fancy ?

cheers Pat

How about the Boston (I think it is that one) the third from the left on the bottom row!

Ray

PS Failing that, the Comet Racer...

• Like 1

On 01/04/2018 at 00:57, JOCKNEY said:

Time for a "Pick me up" as we have slipped onto the second page !

IMG_3832

Anything take your fancy ?

cheers Pat

If I was not already building the Ta 152 it would have to be the Maryland or the Vengeance

cheers,  adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

This GB seems to have gone a little cold, 

Frog did an amazing variety of different kits, what do people fancy building as their entries ?

This is mine, I've even treated myself to the paints in advance !

IMG_3889

cheers Pat

• Like 2

I picked up a Frog Skua at my local Club Show a couple of Sundays ago just for this GB! I may have more luck with the transfers than I expect to have with the two Novo planes I already had.

Looking forward to the vote when it comes...

Ray

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ray

Great to hear from you. Great choice, strange how the Frog Decals work perfectly after all these years but the Novo ones disintegrate as soon as they touch water ?  

Cheers Pat

Has this GB been confirmed yet?  

Good excuse to dig out a Wyvern, or Buccaneer, or Sea Venom, or Sea Fury, or Tempest, or Canberra,, or .....  

So many to chose from!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 11:41 AM, Rob S said:

Has this GB been confirmed yet?  

Good excuse to dig out a Wyvern, or Buccaneer, or Sea Venom, or Sea Fury, or Tempest, or Canberra,, or .....  

So many to chose from!  

Hi Rob

No we are still at the planning stage, waiting for the vote to start. But fingers crossed we should get this one in the diary for the future.

cheers Pat

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice Cuda Pat... now I can't say that I've completed any Frog kits of late, however I'm definitely in on this GB should we get enough support. There's been so much fun on both the previous Matchbox and currently running Classic Airfix GB's that we really deserve at least one of these (old tool) group builds each year. I've been keeping a small eye out for an Oxford which should be my dedicated Frog Build for 2019. 

Cheers... Dave. 

• Like 2

On 23/08/2018 at 06:50, JOCKNEY said:

Just to keep the momentum going, I recently completed the Frog Red series Barracuda 

Have you built a FROG kit recently ?

If so can we see it please

cheers Pat

Any excuse (I posted these recently in adey m's monster 'Nostalgia' thread) but here they are again - Frog Sea Furies I just had great fun in building in the BM 10th Anniversary GB - loved it!

100_2259

100_2270

100_2275

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Right Ladies and Gents we need to withdraw our collective digit and get some more participants or we will miss being included in the 2019 poll.

So if you are reading this and haven't put your name down there's no time like the present !

many thanks in anticipation  :partytime:

Pat

Hello Pat, 

It looks like I am on the list twice (numbers 8 and 20)! I can always do two builds if it helps!

But I agree, we must try to get this one going, after all, the Airfix Golden Years GB has been brilliants, and I know there are a LOT of Frog kits I have never built!

All the best, and anybody else - please sign up!

Ray

• Haha 1

To assist those modellers considering joining this prospective GB, I've attached a link which is hopefully the full (not confirmed) list of Frog model kits that would be eligible to build. This list is taken from the Scalemates website and is filtered by the 'new tool' category.  The image shown will be the initial box top of said kit when first released. If you are in doubt, please check the origins of your kit on this website or post a quick question so that others may give you a hand. There was a tricky period when Frog released a number of Hasegawa moulds and packaged them in typical Frog Boxes of the day. I'm not quite sure if these kits are eligible so a quick check may be a good idea. Quick tip - any Frog kit that was pumped out by Hasegawa and vice versa would fall into this category. 

Cheers and hopefully we will get this Classic GB over the line for 2019... Dave 

Wow - anyone got a 1/24th Bloodhound Missile - that'll be cool! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Put me down to join in, though Frog was invisible to me in the Golden Age of modelling - all sorts of other makes came my way or were seen in shops so it’s pretty obvious to me why they went to the wall.  Needless to say I have a few of their kits in the stash now...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I have an old Beaufort that I believe is a Frog re-pop, would the Frog moulds in Hasegawa boxes be eligible? The A-6 Intruder and P-2 Neptune are 2 kits that come to mind.

it is the other way around actually as Rabbit Leader mentions. In the late 1960's some Hasegawa kits were re-boxed by Frog with new and improved decals. I think the Frog Lightning F.6 had a new mould copy of the Hasegawa one, which is why it appeared in Novo boxes.

• Like 2