Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

Well I see a host of new entries posted we need a Whitley and Meteor unless I've missed something,Oh where's the Sea Fury and Corsair,don't make me go and add more

build's three's enough! This is getting epic.

• Like 2

:rant: dam you Pat!!! @JOCKNEY 

I had no plans what so ever to join this but have been tiding up and for a terrible trio I bought in a moment of madness sometime back. Think I paid only a couple of dollars for them:

Bf-109F (1976??)

P-38J/L Lightning (1967)

Avenger II (1973)

no AM malarkey for them, straight OOB, hopefully the decals are still ok, they didn't look to bad.

Will get a thread up a bit later...no rush.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well it's T minus 7 hours over here and it's all set up to be a yet another huge Classic kit GB. 

I have just adjusted the Build List and we are now sitting at a mammoth 54 builds!! - so thanks to all of you for declaring your Frog projects nice and early, I'm sure all this Frog talk has raised the exitement levels even higher and will provide plenty of motivation to help each of us get through when (as we know) things get tough. So now its time to clear the benches, insert that new Xacto blade and enjoy everything that we all love about FROG kits.

Cheers and I wish each and every one of you a happy, humourous and successful Britmodeller Group Build... Dave  

P.S - So who's gonna be the first in the Gallery? 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

we need a Whitley and Meteor unless I've missed something

Steve, I've got a Meteor and Javelin on the back burner to do if I finish the intruder and Vampire I've already committed to :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redstaff said:

Steve, I've got a Meteor and Javelin on the back burner to do if I finish the intruder and Vampire I've already committed to :) 

Nice one, forgot about the Javelin!

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

P.S - So who's gonna be the first in the Gallery? 

Well for once not me Dave,I'm determined to take my time and spread the build's out over the GB one at a time,the Sabre and Canberra have been dispatched should be here tomorrow

so I'll have a look but probably start with the Maryland I've been fondling the sprue's and getting into the mindset😉

• Like 3

Think I might regret this! I've got a FROG Whitley, as I remember nothing stuck together, saying nowt about paint! So...........I'll have a look and if I've not got it round my neck, I'll post pics for a yea or nay from the collective.

Paul

• Like 4

Since I am taking my time with the Fokker DVII I will be able to begin my FROG Fokker VIIb, aka the Southern Cross...I may have to consult a few pages from 'The Moa Handbook'...😉

• Like 2

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

:rant: dam you Pat!!! @JOCKNEY 

I had no plans what so ever to join this but have

P-38J/L Lightning (1967)

Hi Rich

Glad to see I'm still getting under your skin !

And another new addition I don't think we have a P-38, Chinese markings ?

cheers Pat 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Think I might regret this! I've got a FROG Whitley, as I remember nothing stuck together, saying nowt about paint! So...........I'll have a look and if I've not got it round my neck, I'll post pics for a yea or nay from the collective.

Paul

Hi Paul

The Whitley will be a very welcome addition to this historic Group Build.

Least we forget that until recently if you wanted a Whitley this was the only one to go for.

Have you decided on which Service, Bomber Command or Coastal Command ?

cheers Pat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Since I am taking my time with the Fokker DVII I will be able to begin my FROG Fokker VIIb, aka the Southern Cross...I may have to consult a few pages from 'The Moa Handbook'...😉

Hi John

Another Southern Cross ! 

And here was Dave aka @Rabbit Leader trying convince us there was only one of them, he'll be telling us he has got the real one next !

Good luck with the build.

cheers Pat

• Haha 2

A quick inventory of the stash has revealed that I have quite a few 'FROG' kits, mostly released via Eastern Express or other companies.  Astounding.  I have a Spitfire Mk.1 I may have to add to my build list.

• Like 2

Just now, John D.C. Masters said:

A quick inventory of the stash has revealed that I have quite a few 'FROG' kits, mostly released via Eastern Express or other companies.  Astounding.  I have a Spitfire Mk.1 I may have to add to my build list.

Yes please, how on earth have we got this far without a Spitfire !

• Like 2

Beginning to wish I hadn't rashly added another 2 - got to the 50 anyway Dave. Oh well, I better keep taking the blood pressure medicine. Nice to see so many different kits including 3 versions of the Spit.

Good luck everybody - what have we let ourselves into!

Pete

• Like 1

Depending on where you are on our wonderful planet, here in Blighty we have just under 3 hours to go....

And yes I'm very excited !

This Group Build is going to be really special.

If you are reading this and haven't joined PLEASE DO SO. I promise a very warm welcome and lots of encouragement along the way.

Good luck everyone !

cheers Pat

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Beginning to wish I hadn't rashly added another 2 - got to the 50 anyway Dave. Oh well, I better keep taking the blood pressure medicine. Nice to see so many different kits including 3 versions of the Spit.

Good luck everybody - what have we let ourselves into!

Pete

Don't worry Pete. All you have to do is get one done and you can say you have completed your commitment. Any more is a bonus. 

• Like 1

Greg,

The only problem at the moment is that if we continue to get entries at this rate, I will be spending so much time checking them all that I won't have time to build the ruddy kits. I was only (partially) joking - should get at least 4 done barring unforseen circumstances - again "famous last words"!

Pete

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Paul

The Whitley will be a very welcome addition to this historic Group Build.

Least we forget that until recently if you wanted a Whitley this was the only one to go for.

Have you decided on which Service, Bomber Command or Coastal Command ?

cheers Pat

Ahh, well Pat, my thinking :blink2: is BOAC I've got the Airfix Whitley for Coastal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mjwomack said:

By my reckoning, it's been the first of June for several hours in some parts of the globe and still nothing posted in the gallery!!!

I might yet be in with a chance.

I think it's possible with the F194.

Smack together the V1 flying bomb and put it in the gallery and follow up later with the Spitfire XIV  :pilot:

Edited by SAU
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Rich

Glad to see I'm still getting under your skin !

And another new addition I don't think we have a P-38, Chinese markings ?

cheers Pat 

hmmm it's my time to come and annoy you!!! :D

If the decals hold up i will do the Chinese Nationalists version.

• Like 2

I've got this glue bomb as a "gift" and it has been in my stash since 2005 and I've never got to bin it as it might be possible to rescue it

47967638416_4e8a5dcaf8_c.jpg by Jan H, auf Flickr

It's one of the F-numbers that's not in the list yet

F417 Frog packed by Revell as a Matchbox and it's over 25%.

Tube glued and I won't try to "mend it with a hammer" to divide it into smaller pieces

Parts missing but it's possible to build a B-2 and rebuild an improved cockpit by copying the interior parts of my Dragon Ar 234

Is it OK to put it in a build thread?

• Like 4