Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

Well I guess that takes the pressure off a bit - I will have think about my Do17Z though perhaps I should just get the blasted wall done - the weather has put us off of late but it is getting on my nerves now and I need to finish the blasted thing - 3 good dry days should do it.

• Like 2

On 26/08/2019 at 13:40, Jinxman said:

I like it - being similarly challenged in the sensible department I'll drag the Morris 1100 out then!

You have one too?

My woody has a tuned 1275 engine with overdrive in 3rd and top...😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Worms said:

You have one too?

My woody has a tuned 1275 engine with overdrive in 3rd and top...😎

Wow - mine is only 1/16th though. Do the carpets still smell of fishiness on a hot summer's day? My Dad's did, (though it was an Austin). 😀

• Haha 1

Ladies & Gentlemen of the Frog Squad GB Fraternity can I ask a favour.

I am in a quandary with which build to try to complete before this GB ends, I have a Renzan and an Avenger, I believe it's possible to finish one but unlikely to be able to do both, @stevej60 I'm not !

So my question is which one do I build ?

Therefore just for fun, we shall have a "Build Ballot" tell me which one you would like to see built and at midnight UK time tomorrow night the polls close and I shall build (hope to finish) the one with the most votes.

Current Poll Result

Renzan 2 - Avenger 1

cheers Pat

• Like 2

Pat,

The FROG GB continues to educate me, I'd never heard of the Renzan (Japanese four engined bomber - I googled it!).

and Bob does have a point,

8 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

The Renzan will be a lot of work

On the other hand, a straightforward paint job?

Must be a rare beast, judging by the eBay price (only one - £75!) and it looks so interesting! So I'll vote for the Renzan.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Pat, as the GB Host ‘Ashes’ are on the line it only makes sense to slow you down. Therefore I’m praying for more rain and voting for the lovely Rita! Plus we’ve got an Avenger being built elsewhere have we not? (I should know shouldn’t I)

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Pat, as the GB Host ‘Ashes’ are on the line it only makes sense to slow you down. Therefore I’m praying for more rain and voting for the lovely Rita! Plus we’ve got an Avenger being built elsewhere have we not? (I should know shouldn’t I)

Cheers.. Dave 

Blimey tactical voting on BM who would have believed it ! :rofl2:

• Haha 4

Hi Pat,

Tricky one. I would say Renzan because there is theoretically another Avenger on the list, though given Rich's problems  we may not see it after all. Also I have never seen a Renzan built. However, only you know how much time you are likely to have available. Clearly the Renzan should take longer, though maybe not that much as although it is a bigger kit,  being Hasefrog it might go together more easily. Incidentally, have you now sorted out replacement transparencies for the Avenger?

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

It would be great to see the Avenger Pat especially given the size of the Reznan and work needed maybe save it for a long overdue

Made in Japan GB,now there's a thing that'll bring all the genres together,I spent twenty years riding the damn thing's but never 

modelled  a motor bike  since the old Airfix kits waaaay back,Cars,Aircraft,ships we could even let the sci-fi/figure members out 

the cupboard,but I digress,Avenger...........

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

So my question is which one do I build ?

I vote for the 'Rita', Pat. It would be great to see that built since not done so far in this GB and certainly very few builds recorded at all if you go searching on the web. No need to go mad on the internals, just do it OOB. Good luck. Mike

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 1

My vote for the Avenger! My vote for the Made in Japan GB too! :hmmm:See, I´m getting back on-line! There´s a set of MAV decals for a SAAF Marauder (and a Kittyhawk and a Boston) on their way from South Africa to Finland. They are for a Marauder Mk.III but I´ve determined the Frog Marauder kit to be so inaccurate that it can represent any mark of the plane :coolio:. V-P

• Like 2

At the end of the day it's your choice and you know your time constraints Pat.

I'd love to see the Reznan built, but if it's going to be too much work go with the avenger :)

Either one is another towards the end count

Made in Japan GB sounds interesting though :) 

Ian

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

At the end of the day it's your choice and you know your time constraints Pat.

I'd love to see the Reznan built, but if it's going to be too much work go with the avenger

@JOCKNEY I agree 100% with @Redstaff . With the Floatplanes GB as well as life outside of BM, it should be what you are comfortable with.

• Like 2