Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

36 minutes ago, TonyW said:

I can use whats there to cast the needed replacements

Hi Tony,

That sounds very useful. Would you be able to briefly explain the process?

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Johnson said:

Hi Tony,

Cheers.

Briefly might be a problem!

In a nutshell, you take the part you want to copy and pour a silicon rubber mould around it. Once the part is removed from the mould you fill the void with two part resin. Once that is cured you have your copy part!

It starts getting a bit more involved when dealing with undercuts, air bubbles, two and three part moulds and so on.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tony, I can see how that would work.

12 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Once the part is removed from the mould

For more intricate parts that may be fun.

I first saw this kit on sale in a model shop in Singapore in 2013.  The owner told me that he had bought the rights to some of the Frog/Airfix molds and this was his first venture.  The owner is Peter Chiang and he is a well known models and toys distributor in the Far East.  His shop is stacked full, mainly of rare second hand stuff, a small version of Kingkit.  He did plan to produce more of the Frog/Airfix range but I didn't keep in contact with him.  Anyone living in Singapore, or planning to travel there, will find Peter at Hobby Bounties, out at the Katong Shopping Centre.   

This quote "Hobby Bounties eventually became the manufacturer and distributor of another famous British brand called FROG (which stands for Flies Right Off the Ground)." was written in 2011 by Mick Stephen of Scale Modelling Now

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnson said:

Hi Tony,

Cheers.

Charlie,

There is also a discussion on casting between myself and Adrian on my Bf 110 post if you are interested in other ways of doing it. It works for some things but not everything and Tony uses the traditional system by the sound of it - used by small companies doing limited runs. I have bought quite a few resin tanks from Millicast in Glasgow, and companies like them they probably use the silicon rubber method.

• Thanks 1

Returning archeological excavations! 😁

I found some NOVO instructions:

20190719-235347.jpg

Who here argued about how to most true build Beaufighter?

😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

Hi @Aardvark Serge

I don't believe you have mentioned the famous kits built by Naro-Fominsk Plastic Plant

See below (picture from Scalemates )

IMG_4489

Can anyone guess what it is from the picture ? Sorry Serge you can't play because you can read the writing !

cheers Pat

20 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I don't believe you have mentioned the famous kits built by Naro-Fominsk Plastic Plant

I have this model. 

The model for Soviet Union market was sold in this packaging.  This plane was quite famous at that time among aviation fans.

Interesting fact.  If you wet this package with water and take it in your hands, the paint from the box will remain on your hands!😲😁

28 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Can anyone guess what it is from the picture ? 

🤔 Be careful!  Now, many users of the Britmodeller are registered on the Russian modeller's forums under the nicknames "Ivan Drago" 

1_d_850.jpg

"General Gogol"

310?cb=20180609111210&path-prefix=ru

e.t.c. 

😁😁

and ask there questions about this model! 😉😁

You risk leaving Britmodeller without users!😉😁

Because not many foreigners

04315a6af12f52d881cc8ed101aa9e29.jpg

😁😁

manage to escape from the tenacious hands of bears

758c8934e20f6d1232cb1b6838bbed42.jpg

with vodka and balalaika!

Na-zdorove.jpg

😉😁😁

(In post used  pictures Vasya Lozhkin art from internet)

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

@Aardvark Hi Serge

It would be great if we could get some other Russian speaking modellers to join this Group Build, any ideas how we could do this ?

Cheers Pat 

Pat’s happy to offer free Vodka for the first 25 new Russian members.. It may be disguised in a Scotch bottle but should still be drinkable! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Aardvark Serge

IMG_4489

Can anyone guess what it is from the picture ? Sorry Serge you can't play because you can read the writing !

cheers Pat

From the air intakes it looks like a Jaguar, but then it seems to have 4 cannon in the nose so I am stumped.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Aardvark said:

04315a6af12f52d881cc8ed101aa9e29.jpg

758c8934e20f6d1232cb1b6838bbed42.jpg

A Mate of mine doesn't understand this (I'm guessing it's two panels of the same Painting?) even after translating the Sign.  I think I know what it's about so to paraphrase a Red Head we have here in Australia can you "Please Explain?" so we can settle a bet?  

14 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

IMG_4489

Yes that is obviously a Jag but I must take a photo of the Header from another kit that looks like it was from the same Artist / Plant and see if you can guess what it is!  

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

@Aardvark Hi Serge

It would be great if we could get some other Russian speaking modellers to join this Group Build, any ideas how we could do this ?

Cheers Pat 

Hi, Pat

"......do you have a plan mr.Fix?"

😁

What can do?

First of all, Scalemodels.ru has recently completed tournament

FROG / NOVO:

http://scalemodels.ru/news/13930-turnir-NOVO-2---Nostalgie---itogi.html

Almost certainly there were those users who for some reason could not finish their construction there, perhaps they should offer to join with their unfinished building  in this GB? As this do correct see #3.

In second.

Probably, have sense discuss with @Mike about automatic PM all Russian users with the proposal to join this GB.

In theory, this can be done with the help of a script that will send the PM to all users who write from Russian IP. This technology can be used in the future for other GB!

I could be wrong, but,  it seems to me, not all foreign

users see current & future GB,  therefore, they should be more actively informed.

It makes sense to place official announcements on main Russian model forums

Scalemodels.ru  & Karopka.ru

This can be done either by agreement with the administration Russian modeller's forum 

or by asking the administration

Russian modeller's forum 

to do so.

"But why should they do it?"  - You ask. 

As and Britmodeller this forum interested in new users & new content.

But many users are just afraid to come to a foreign forum and publish some content there. Therefore, to attract such users, it makes sense to organize tournaments first.

What is a tournament?

It's same as  GB but with differences when building not shown, but only the finished result is shown on a certain number of photos, and author models  is not indicated until the end of the voting. 

This is done to eliminate the influence of the modelist's reputation on those who vote.

After the end of voting, anonymity is revealed and participants can tell and show the stages of building.

Of course, photos of models for voting can be published on both sites, as well as voting can be conducted on both sites.

Therefore, in order to get something you need to offer something in exchange.

Those,  in order for the administration of the Russian forum to facilitate the appearance of its users on the Britmodeller, you need to do the same.

As a response gesture, as I said long ago, promise maked the tournament "Britmodeller v.s. Scalemodels" or 

"Britmodeller v.s. Karopka"!

cf59de1d372a81a6ed257afc103e1c15.jpg

(Painting Vasya Lozhkin:"Well come out!  Let's be friends!" 😁😁)

Thematic? RAF & VVS, USAF/USN ...any thematic!

I think in this case will be the most favored mode ...

4. Not all Russian study English in school, university e.t.c. ( ...of course have polyglots and graduates of special institutions of foreign languages who speak many languages, but this is rare, and I do not know them among modellers, but this does not mean that they cannot be in theory.)
Many was study Deutsche, French and even Spanish* therefore, they simply cannot physically write in English. Perhaps it makes sense to allow them to write explanations in Russian, but at the same time someone @Aardvark or @JOCKNEY or @Rabbit Leader

will just translate the text into English in the next post with the help of Google translator?  

I suppose that there will be few such people or not at all, but it makes sense to foresee such a situation.

B.R.

Serge 

* - I know that Spanish is a very common language in the world, but the number of people who studied it in ordinary schools of the USSR / former USSR is very small.

As a curiosity, with me, the guy who studied Spanish at school entered the technical university, but the university taught only English, German and French ....of course, because of one student, no one will create a group to study Spanish, so he studied French during all his five years at university!

🤗

At some time Foreign students (from China, India, African , Asian, Arabic countries) are taught Russian in one year after which they study medicine or engineering sciences at universities of the corresponding profile in Russian....

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob S said:

A Mate of mine doesn't understand this (I'm guessing it's two panels of the same Painting?) even after translating the Sign.  I think I know what it's about so to paraphrase a Red Head we have here in Australia can you "Please Explain?" so we can settle a bet?  

No, these are different pictures of one artist!

In the first case, propaganda is ridiculed when, on the one hand, life is shown in a bright and colorful light and in the other side in dark and gray tones, 

on the left of the pointer it is written "abroad" on the right "homeland".

In the second picture, the bear shows the launch of a satellite into space.

I just needed to illustrate my humorous post with pictures of funny bears, and these pictures seemed funny to me.  In addition, I like Vasya Lozhkin as an artist.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

No, these are different pictures of one artist!

I understand but are you sure they aren't meant to be "panelled" as the tree (left side in one right side in the other) looks to be a common denominator?  

14 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

In the first case, propaganda is ridiculed when, on the one hand, life is shown in a bright and colorful light and in the other side in dark and gray tones, 

on the left of the pointer it is written "abroad" on the right "homeland".

In the second picture, the bear shows the launch of a satellite into space.

Yea I won the Bet!  

15 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

I just needed to illustrate my humorous post with pictures of funny bears, and these pictures seemed funny to me.  In addition, I like Vasya Lozhkin as an artist.

Yes absolutely love them.  Brilliant Artist.  Just about to see what size the images are to see if they would blow up nicely as would love to hang them on the wall (and put in appropriate Place Names on the Sign from Personal experience/s!).  

4 hours ago, Rob S said:

I understand but are you sure they aren't meant to be "panelled" as the tree (left side in one right side in the other) looks to be a common denominator?  

I always thought it was a separate picture, because

on personal site this artist: 

http://vasya-lozhkin.ru/pictures/

It's three different picture:   

http://vasya-lozhkin.ru/pictures/rodina-zagranitsa-3/

http://vasya-lozhkin.ru/pictures/rodina-zagranitsa-2/

but with by name:

"Homeland abroad -1",

"Homeland abroad-2",

"Homeland abroad-3".

But you made me think, maybe it's a triptych?

🤔

5 hours ago, Rob S said:

Yes absolutely love them.  Brilliant Artist.  Just about to see what size the images are to see if they would blow up nicely as would love to hang them on the wall (and put in appropriate Place Names on the Sign from Personal experience/s!).

He has an official online store:

https://www.lozhkinmag.ru/originalnye-kartiny

As examples:

339d9e_86b6fd407ba9404c80ffc9b8e12be6cb~

"Terminator. Beginning"

😁

B.R.

Serge

Hi Folks,if you have not seen it take a look at Moa's build of the old Proctor! But I love the line in his text "to keep the effort and time invested

in line with the quality of the molds" really struck a chord especially for this GB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK... looks like Bad Cop GB Host Jockney is on the prowl again scanning those stagnant builds to check how you’re all going. So unless you want to be whacked by one of his Super Fine Standing sticks, get yourselves online and drag your threads back up to Page 1. 

Cheers... Dave (Good Cop GB host)

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

OK... looks like Bad Cop GB Host Jockney is on the prowl again scanning those stagnant builds to check how you’re all going. So unless you want to be whacked by one of his Super Fine Standing sticks, get yourselves online and drag your threads back up to Page 1. 

:fight: :mg: Or :kissing2:

Whatever it takes !

cheers Pat

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

:fight: :mg: Or :kissing2:

Whatever it takes !

cheers Pat

?

48336813491_7e69d83ca1_b.jpg  

• Haha 4