How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

On 29/09/2021 at 04:01, Black Knight said:

About 15 minutes ago (03.46) I finally got through to the application for the special £100 debit card everyone in N.I. over 18 y/o is getting

Now I await confirmation that I'll get one

I received an email this morning that my application has been approved. It might take up to two weeks until I get my card

My favourite LMS doesn't take card payments so he's going to miss out on a lot of sales

18 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I'd love to see that book.

My paternal grandfather was born in Bohemia/Austria/Czechoslovakia - funny story to that

My paternal grandmother was born in Bohemia

There's a song there somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, brianthemodeller said:

after six months of waiting I now have eight renderers working on the outside of the house

I read that as "I now have eight reindeers working on the outside of the house". 

Which would be awesome.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, TonyOD said:

I read that as "I now have eight reindeers working on the outside of the house". 

Which would be awesome.

Christmas just keeps getting earlier and earlier every year 😂

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Which would be awesome.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one whose eyesight is getting worse. I thought, if they'e working on his house, who's going to be pulling the sleigh?

John.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one whose eyesight is getting worse. I thought, if they'e working on his house, who's going to be pulling the sleigh?

John.

Pauline my wife. Trained over 60 years

Laurie

• Haha 1

Generally just stuff going well is a nice change from the norm. Usually that has significant overlap with stuff I do which has as few outsiders involved as possible.

resized_c7d2f944-f672-4b95-b8ae-83e70a64

I'm liking building my sailing dinghy, for instance.

• Like 5

Getting so darned frustrated with a De Havilland Dove.

Then

And then

Throwing Dove on the floor & stamping on it. Dead.

Then dumping it in the refuse sack.

A feeling of relaxation followed by a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, large 🍸

Laurie

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2021 at 14:31, Black Knight said:

I received an email this morning that my application has been approved. It might take up to two weeks until I get my card

My favourite LMS doesn't take card payments so he's going to miss out on a lot of sales

I got my free £100 debit card this morning! woohoo!

6 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I got my free £100 debit card this morning! woohoo!

Is that from the Government ?

When covid was into about months & lockdown  all in Jersey got a free card £100 to boost the economy.

I have asked for more but no reply but got 3 free covid jabs & a flu one free. No complaints.

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

It's bonfire night.

I stepped outside to get a beer (we have a crate out back which due to airflow, always keeps beer at the optimum temperature).

My breath was like a dragon's breath, it's an old fashioned November night here, I could see and hear fireworks but it was the smell, the smell of sulphur and bonfires in the air, it always takes me back to my childhood on the Isle of Wight!

My can of Tanglefoot was also perfect!

• Like 2

What made me happy last night was "winning" an eBay auction for a 1990's 1/48 Airfix Tonka GR1/1A for £11.50.  I don't do modern aircraft, but hey....  Might have to finally build the Operation Granby aircraft I first said I was going to build in 1993.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

The safe arrival of our first grandchild.

A special moment. As is making them squeal, laugh and chasing them around. Plus, when they get dirty or smelly, you can hand them back!

• Haha 4

Meeting people in our flats.

Just like chatting. Found & made a lot a friends. Always think the people are happier

if they can have a chat a laugh at sill things.

Morrisons is below our flats. Always chat with the assistants & have a laugh. Just

makes life so much happier.

Just chat breaks the ice & people , in general, are responsive & happier.

It works.

Laurie

• Like 4

Just add recently gave up driving as I decided I could not at a vintage age concentrate properly.

So Bus. Wife & myself got on the bus first time (up to B & Q). End of a 10 minute journey 5 of us where chatting like mad. Enjoyed that 10 minutes.

Laurie

• Like 1

Being able to write:-

"Well I never thought I'd be able to write "that's Scotland won three times in a row against Australia"  or anyone else for that matter :D  Not something us Scots have much experience of really but very enjoyable all the same :D:penguin::penguin::penguin:

17 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Haggling my car insurance renewal down by nearly a hundred quid 😁

Ooh, thanks for reminding me. I'm up for renewal shortly and should have plenty of no-claim years built up to negotiate.

• Like 1