How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

1 hour ago, PhoenixII said:

Now then, our Steve.....don't be so quick to write off the likes of Black Sheep, Burton Bridge, or if you like to live dangerously and go mainstream there's Marston's...but not Peddi.....bit like gnats these days :whistle:

Do enjoy a Black Sheep when I see it (oi, you lot stop sniggering at the back there) Not a lot about in Leeds centre pubs though :hmmm:Not tried Burton Bridge so will keep a beady out for it. Marston's was a decent brew, but not hsd any for many a year. Am also partial to a Theakstons Old Peculiar or two when i see it and it's well kept. Northern Monk brewery has started to brew Tetley Bitter in Leeds again. Original recipe and yeast strain. Tastes just like it used to do when it was brewed at the old Tetley brewery in Hunslet. Father in law worked there for over 30 odd years and said it's the water that gives the beer its the unique flavour. Totally agree with him and it's good to see it back on the wicket again :drink:Tis a shame a lot of bar staff these days don't know how to pull a pint properly :fraidnot:

Regards 

Steve 

• Like 3

I am very happy. Just finished a 3month model a 1/48 very old Fujimi Gazalle.

Very nice model & to work with a 35year old kit.

But very glad to start another. So now a guessing game. The Gazelle is part of all the

the aircraft & vehicles, as a diorama, used in the Falklands Conflict.

Can you guess which is the new model ? Clue manufactured in the northern hemisphere. 🤔

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS

Morning Steve, @fatfingers your Dad in law is bang on the money. Change the water, change the brew. Partly the reason for my Worthington's comment......there's still 'old boy's' wandering the streets of Burton bemoaning the fact that Bass ruined their favourite drink! Haven't had the heart to ask about Coors....:whistle::sick:

Paul

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Scimitar said:

A 1/48 SS Canberra,rust streaked with a Wessex on the helideck ? :whistle:

No..ok a Rapier unit with its Landrover then.

No Landrovers taken down south Scimmy.

Clue tricolor.

Laurie

10 hours ago, LaurieS said:

No Landrovers taken down south Scimmy.

I thought I had seen something written about a Landrover,perhaps one of the local's own one though.

10 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Clue tricolor.

Argentinian land based Exocet.

15 hours ago, Scimitar said:

A 1/48 SS Canberra,rust streaked with a Wessex on the helideck ? :whistle:

I agree,  there was nothing better than working around Wessex helos.

falklands_1982_wessex_on_canberra_1000.j

A 1:48 s/b of Canberra would also be great.  When do you intend to start this Richard?  :shrug:

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Getting closer 😋

I'm off now to look at the section in Jane's book of French Weapons in the Falklands war. 

7 hours ago, bootneck said:

When do you intend to start this Richard? 

31st February next year after the Denny-Mumford helicopter build.

My Wessex HU5 will be Regent's cab in the 1968 period simply because its got my initials on the tail and I like the sand and spinach scheme.

2 hours ago, Scimitar said:

I'm off now to look at the section in Jane's book of French Weapons in the Falklands war. 

But got to put you out of your misery.

You said Exocet land based.  Those in the air delivered by ?? Got to get it now. 😀

Laurie

11 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Those in the air delivered by ??

Ah yes..the long lamented Farley Fruitbat Mk XXVIa. although there is some doubt as to whether they were actually delivered or were (possibly still are) stored in a shed in Brecqhou due to the embargo.

Which kit are you using for the Etendard?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

Ah yes..the long lamented Farley Fruitbat Mk XXVIa. although there is some doubt as to whether they were actually delivered or were (possibly still are) stored in a shed in Brecqhou due to the embargo.

Which kit are you using for the Etendard?

Darn it yes the Brecqhou owners, Barclay Bros., own it now. Actually the correct name is the Charley Farley Fruit Bat Mk VL.

Ah yes the kit. The Kinetic in Falklands Conflict mode. All to go with a Falklands diorama about 22 at the last count British & Argentinian warfare pieces.

Well done. Prize figuring the Fruit Bat. At first I thought you may have gone for the more potent FruitFly used by the Royal Marines.

Laurie 🤔

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IanHx said:

I'm happy that the family is safe and house intact after the builders re-fitting a bathroom managed to cut into the main gas pipe with a circular saw..... 

Ha ha. Decided to renovate bathroom. Going well in fact happy.

Sunday about 6:00pm tired. Thought just cut this floor board out to get cracking Monday on the plumbing.

Jig saw out. Strange why is the blade going a blackish colour. Yells from the ground floor hot water is

pouring through the ceiling. Ruined varnished table ceiling tiles came down & carpet ruined.

I had cut straight through the heating pipe. Panic running about with pails & towels. A lot of shouting.

More panic until i found how to switch off the heating water top up. Good man 😔

Happy. Got table renovated, ceiling tiles replaced & new carpet better than the old one under the insurance

could not believe it.

So eventually happy 😋

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Ha ha. Decided to renovate bathroom. Going well in fact happy.

Sunday about 6:00pm tired. Thought just cut this floor board out to get cracking Monday on the plumbing.

Jig saw out. Strange why is the blade going a blackish colour. Yells from the ground floor hot water is

pouring through the ceiling. Ruined varnished table ceiling tiles came down & carpet ruined.

I had cut straight through the heating pipe. Panic running about with pails & towels. A lot of shouting.

More panic until i found how to switch off the heating water top up. Good man 😔

Happy. Got table renovated, ceiling tiles replaced & new carpet better than the old one under the insurance

could not believe it.

So eventually happy 😋

:(  followed eventually by :)

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, John_W said:

Put new bookshelves up and managed to get my books out of storage.

Do I see a number of Pratchett books in the left hand case, second shelf up?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, John_W said:

Most of the collection, some are in.my son's room.

Good man, I likewise have a similar collection.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John_W said:

Put new bookshelves up and managed to get my books out of storage.

I think with some shuffling I may be able to free up some shelves for models too :)

John that is total misrepresentation.  🙄

Those are not shelves that is a library.😁

Very nice too.

Laurie

• Haha 1

My kind of library too. Pratchett and Larsson

(I'm sure I saw a new 'Girl who' book in print)

Plus Orson Scott Card and Greg Bear!

You'll need this one too...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peace-War-Omnibus-Forever-GOLLANCZ/dp/0575079193/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1548617544&sr=1-2&keywords=the+forever+war+by+joe+haldeman