How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

The news that the ‘new blue British passport’ will be printed by a French firm - nearly made me pee myself with laughter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Well, tomorrow is my darling Wifes 50th Birthday...

I'm sure most of you are within my realms of undertanding when I say, I just don't know what to buy her anymore. 

She's generally a simple soul, doesn't really want much... (but when she does... :) )

Thankfully, she also has a good sense of humour, so when she says 'surprise me' I do, for example,couple of years ago I bought her a Darth Vader figure and 9 Imperial Stromtroopers :) 

Anyhoo, This morning she pipes up, before she went to work, she wants one of those really posh(?) Microwave/convection grill things, you know those all singing, all dancing jobs that can fit a cow in them and has pretty lights and sounds and cleans itself. So, after much travelling around and credit card abuse later, I bought her this huuuuuge LG thing that's like the size of a tv :) 

She's such a simple dear, I love her very much...

Can wait to see the look on her face tomorrow when she opens her card and finds 2 tickets to Paris in June :) 

Edited by MAD STEVE
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, MAD STEVE said:

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Can wait to see the look on her face tomorrow when she opens her card and finds 2 tickets to Paris in June :) 

Love it and enjoy it Steve

My wife's celebration of her eighth day since her birth on Good Friday.

Our 4 children and their families have organised a big Lunch out at a Hotel on Sunday. She has not a clue yet.

They are decorating the table and probably many other things.

My youngest daughter has led her to believe that there will be a celebration tea at her house on Good Friday.

So she thinks that will be it.

I have casually told my wife, Pauline, that I am taking here out for a quiet lunch on the Sunday. Which is going

to be anything but quiet with 4 grandsons sculling around the place.

Just cannot wait for her reaction. You can be sure her tongue will get plenty of excercise.

Think thinks. My 80th in November. Must keep a lookout for clues. Probably a visit to the local history museum or some such thing.

Laurei

• Like 4

And they say that us men have no imagination and are thoughtless:D.

Some years ago, we went out for a meal on a Saturday evening, although neither of us was hungry as we'd had a late lunch. On the way to the restaurant (which I hadn't booked), I said that I wanted to call in at the Brentwood Centre because there was a model show coming up there and I wanted to check on the dates. So we parked up and walked into the foyer. Straight away SWMBO clocked the act that was on that night, none other than Errol Brown of Hot Chocolate fame, who my wife loves to bits (well his music anyway). "Oh" she says. "I wish I'd known. I'd love to see him". So I produced two tickets from my pocket and said "Then you'd better have these". She burst into tears. Not often my wife is stuck for something to say, although when we took our seats, she did ask about the model show, to which I replied "What model show?" I did live off of those brownie points for a few weeks.

John. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Earlier this evening on PBS America.

A tale of two Lancasters, when VeRA came to visit.

I wish I'd gotten to see them fly together.

I really must get over to see Just Jane this Summer.

• Like 3

On 14/03/2018 at 11:57 AM, brewerjerry said:

Hi

waking up and getting one more day closer to retirement 

still to many days to count yet ,

but the goalposts are in sight :) 

cheers

jerry

Starting at 12, I used to announce at work on pay day "X months till I retire" as a countdown.

Proper upset the young runs, it did.

Perhaps you are getting close to that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I did live off of those brownie points for a few weeks.

Have you contacted the Guinness Book of Records about the longest lived brownie points ever?

The ones I get usually have a life span measured in hours.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Have you contacted the Guinness Book of Records about the longest lived brownie points ever?

The ones I get usually have a life span measured in hours.

Well, it was a long time ago. It probably wouldn't get the same reaction today. In those days, the reaction was likely to be "Oh that's nice". Today, it's more likely to be "Is that it?"

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

At this time of the year the Blackbirds are singing their courting songs ( I can hear them now ) and that always makes me smile.

John

Yes John a just lovely time of the year. Catkins a nice greeny yellow on the trees. A hint of green on the trees.

On building ground in front of our flat we have two seagulls. They are going through a ritual. They walk side by side,

change direction in unison stop as one. They peck their beaks together. Then one will look to the sky and make his romantic

song heard stops followed by her. Then they will peck for food shuffling forward as joined at the hip (OK wing).

So will we soon have an increase in the population?

• Like 2

British Summer Time!

Seeing the Forsythia, Japonica, Cherry, Blackthorn (not May) and Magnolia blossom, the random patches of daffodils, grape hyacinth, celandine and the first bluebells.

Watching the aerobatic antics of a blue tit looking for bugs and grubs in the nooks and crannies of the dining room window.

Only a week ago we had snow on the ground...

• Like 6

Just a warning. Jersey new potatoes will be shipping in the next few days.

All you need is a plate of Jersey Royals a smidgeon of salt and a touch of ground pepper.

And that is a meal in itself.

• Like 8

Currently my wife and I are sat in front of a wood burning stove with a glass of white wine. We are at a little cottage in North Wales and it is her birthday tomorrow. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LaurieS said:

All you need is a plate of Jersey Royals a smidgeon of salt and a touch of ground pepper.

No butter!...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

No butter!...

Dear oh dear Vince I forgot that. Essential. Yes a dollop of butter on those potatoes as a must

followed then by the salt and ground pepper.

• Like 3

Abbott ale and a shot of Captain Morgan's spiced rum.

Saturday night and a Sunday lay in after another 6 day week.

My wonderful wife.

A cycle ride in the summer with the afore mentioned missus along the sea wall with a stop off for a bag of chips.

Margaret Nolan.

Time in the man cave getting the latest kit together.

Our Cats.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RACETRACK said:

A cycle ride in the summer with the afore mentioned missus along the sea wall with a stop off for a bag of chips.

Essex. Sea wall. Not SoS by any chance?

John.

On 25/03/2018 at 12:33 AM, Whofan said:

Starting at 12, I used to announce at work on pay day "X months till I retire" as a countdown.

Proper upset the young runs, it did.

Perhaps you are getting close to that?

Hi

not quite, at the planning stage, only a few years left thou’  :) 

cheers

jerry

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

not quite, at the planning stage, only a few years left thou’  :) 

cheers

jerry

Past the planning stage now 15 years in. Do what I want at the time I want at my speed

go to bed when I want. Get up "as required". Dawdle study things research things. Change

my mind. Time to blame others for everything. Time to chat to any and every one as long

as I want.

So look forward it is, as I have found, a great time in my life. I have time for me :penguin:

• Like 5

On 25/03/2018 at 5:27 PM, LaurieS said:

No butter?

52 minutes ago, Whofan said:

No butter?

Just for you Whofan :dull:

On 3/25/2018 at 20:43, LaurieS said:

Dear oh dear Vince I forgot that. Essential. Yes a dollop of butter on those potatoes as a must

followed then by the salt and ground pepper.