How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

3 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Not even a cool beer on a hot day?

Good grief, NO!! If it's cold, then that would suggest that it was some of that gassy larger stuff. Right now what would make me happy, would be a pint of Greene King IPA. Lovely.

John.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

well today is my last day (16th)  of work,  retirement is here finally

it will be nice to get more modelling time in

and few other hobbies  both new and old in the future

and some travelling to countries i have never seen and revisit a few old ones 

cheers

jerry

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Good luck for your retirement.

I wouldn’t count on the extra modelling though, I thought that but I do less now than when I was working, there always seems to be something else that needs doing!

John. 🇺🇦

Amen to that John.

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deliberately turning my back on plastic modelling projects that always seem to hit a mojo-dissolving impasse (there are currently 4 or 5 in various states of disinterested procrastination) and giving this a go instead:

20220917_114326

1:12 horse-drawn tip / Scotch cart made from plans using deadfall oak and ash scavenged during dog walks and cut using my vintage Picador Pup hobby lathe system. metalwork will mostly be from brass. I've never done anything like this before, and it will take a while, but mojo is fully restored. 

Unfortunately I have to cut the grass and paint a wall before I sit down to work on it again, but that's life!

Jon

• Like 5

On 9/16/2022 at 9:04 AM, Biggles87 said:

Good luck for your retirement.

I wouldn’t count on the extra modelling though, I thought that but I do less now than when I was working, there always seems to be something else that needs doing!

John. 🇺🇦

Ain't that the truth!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mike locked this topic