How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

42 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

I don't see it like that if it wasn't for people like him the same as the Wright Brothers/Henry Ford or anyone else willing to take a risk we'd still be using ponies or horses to go shopping let alone going on holiday to another country...Don't forget about Isambard Kingdom Brunel if it hadn't been for him with Steam Ships Great Britain/Western and Eastern travelling by sea would be a lot different as well....

Agreed Vince but it was many moons ago that the human race pierced space, They did it for exploration. Now been to Mars.

He has missed the boat or perhaps space ship.

About 3 organisation are doing the Branson thing. But what for. They go up they come down. Another load of the Earth's resources wasted.

Best with climate change to get our house in order. Also to look after the poor people in the world. How many  projects in these poor egions

could be realised with the money spent on theses frivolous go no where schemes. That would make me happy.

Laurie a not convinced Vince.

Edited by LaurieS

1 hour ago, LaurieS said:

He has missed the boat or perhaps space ship.

Ok look how much diving has developed since WWII from people attached to airlines to Jacques Cousteau and then to finding the Titanic in 1985 and on with todays remote controlled robots basically it's due to the divers 70+ years ago risking their lives that technology has developed to the point it is now...Alright he has the money but it's the explorer attitude like Shackleton and countless others that drive them forward...

1 minute ago, Vince1159 said:

Ok look how much diving has developed since WWII from people attached to airlines to Jacques Cousteau and then to finding the Titanic in 1985 and on with todays remote controlled robots basically it's due to the divers 70+ years ago risking their lives that technology has developed to the point it is now...Alright he has the money but it's the explorer attitude like Shackleton and countless others that drive them forward...

Agree Vince all those things supplie us with important information about the Earth we live in. Information which has an impact.

Branson thing what does that do. Make him more money. But give nothing in return other than fantasy flights given to millionaires for loads of dosh.

Cannot think of any help Branson thing gives to humanity.

I like to think if all the money spent on this project. All the money millionaires will spend flying to "near" outer space To be used for those those children with hair lips dirty water & such like.

On education on health. All to those poor nations in Africa. To educate them & show them how to become self sufficient & run their countries. Look after themselves.

That is what would make me happy

Much better than a few rich indulging themselves to tell their friends where they had been for a joy ride into approx. space.

Laurie

That would make me happy.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

We both have different views Laurie so we'll leave it at that....

Yes you are right Vince & there is nothing wrong with that what so ever.

People are reluctant to share their views & that is sad as it is most important

to air what they thin. Otherwise resentment boils when they get soemething

which is the opposite to that which they wished

If views were not given then progress in matters comes to a standstill. I have

no fear of saying what I think but I do not like the aggressiveness which is

some times generated by some to persuade you to their way of thinking.

Kind regards

Laurie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Socks that stay up.

Or for the diabetic lifestyle  -  socks that fall down  -  any hint of elastic marking my ankle and SWMBO bins them even if there aren't any holes in them yet !!!

20 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

There is a company called Gentle Grip. They don't fall down, and they don't cut in. Brilliant!

Definitely solved that problem. Do not wear socks March to November.

Then I wear bed socks & wellington boots November to March

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

What of Bertie----Marriage

Laurie

Oh Laurie, that's a cruel and callous word if it involves the female of the species. However, the perfect marriage of two fuselage halves always makes me happy. It's a definite milestone in a build.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Hannants

My Bank Manager has forbidden me to visits Hannants (ie Her in Doors. As you said Bertie it involves the female of the species)

LAurie

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

My Bank Manager has forbidden me to visits Hannants (ie Her in Doors. As you said Bertie it involves the female of the species)

LAurie

However, the perfect marriage of two fuselage halves always makes me happy. It's a definite milestone in a build. As opposed to a millstone around one's sad and sorry male neck? 

(Disclaimer: I refer only to my dear ex-wife, this isn't a general misogynistic attack.)

• Like 1

Two of our teenage granddaughters are visiting for the weekend and were out up in the town  with my wife earlier and brought me back a 100g bag of Clove Rock.

Have not had any for years and this was the real thing and heavy on the cloves , right gum and inside of my cheek were quite numb afterwards , quite took me back.