How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

@lasermonkey  I hear you on the over active brain.  I don't think I'm quite up their with you (or where you were rather) but I to have those issues.  Sitting at work and trying to work on something, the phones are ringing, other people talking about stuff that I might have to help on and my brain starts to spin outta control into an actual panic attack.  Gotta get up and walk around.  Sometimes it does cause falling asleep issues.  I can't read, listen to audio books or podcast.  By the second sentence I've already forgotten what I read or heard because my brain is has already hit 10 other subjects/ideas/thoughts.  Which sucks because I do like short stents of reading, especially on the subject of the American Revolution.  I just forget everything I read.

But what relaxes me? 

- Love kayaking down the river up north of me, either by myself or with friends.  4-5 hrs of a slow meandering river surrounded by trees and birds.  Long stretches with no people or houses is so nice, especially when fall colors are on and salmon/steelhead are running.

- Sitting at the bar or a friends bar with friends drinking and chatting.  Although, the liquor does help in this case.  And yes still doing it during all this nonsense going on right now.  Just gotta know where to go.

- Playing games with my daughters (and family when they are willing to travel).  But they are doing their adulting stuff so it's not as frequent any more.

- Listening to music, even if it's while working.  It's just enough distraction and actually helps when programming.

- Although I didn't do it this winter (lame winter here), I love sitting in a snow storm with a roaring campfire and a drink in hand.

- And model building can be a good relaxing thing.........sometimes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Woke up a 3 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so i got up and watched a dvd and it was warm with no heating on,heaven....

Vince. I wondered why that light from Guernsey was shining in my room & keeping me awake.

Laurie

• Haha 2

New one. Coronation street are using doubles for kissing. So Pauline & I are offering to help, with some pay of course.

After all we are only 82 & clean our teeth every day. We have had just short of 60 years practice & are therefore experienced. Provide excitment fro the masses.

We could become Utube kissing favourites.

Laurie

• Haha 2

.....and talking of bird songs, we've had a nightingale singing his heart out for some time now, and he's been accompanied by a couple of woodpeckers, both doing brilliant impressions of Gattling guns.

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Giving the garden its first proper fettle of the year. Lots of moss raking from the lawn. Also spent time stood on shed roof cutting back neighbours tree (with his permission) that over hangs the boundry. Good job shed roof is 18mm T&G. Boy do i ache this morning! 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

We've just started hearing woodpeckers on our morning dog walks in Sherwood Forest and a young Roe Deer broke cover in front of us this morning. Spring time. Happy days.

Where you at? That’s my neck of the woods.

It rained all night. I've had 95mm rain in the last twenty-four hours in my rain gauge. The CityA weather rain gauge at the airport has recorded 44mm up to 9am. ☂️ 🌨️

10 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

It rained all night. I've had 95mm rain in the last twenty-four hours in my rain gauge. The City weather rain gauge at the see airport has recorded 44mm up to 9am. ☂️ 🌨️

I saw one the news that they're very worried about Western Sydney because of the amount of rain and a dam has started overflowing...

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Clipstone Village.

I'm in Cuckney, work in Rainworth. We're lucky to have Sherwood on our doorstep, Clumber too. I often get out and about in the evenings on my bike and it's rare not to see deer round here. During the first lockdown when the world was much quieter the woods seemed to be swarming with them. I had a bivvy night on Budby Heath last Friday (as the hills are off limits, until next week at least) and saw a herd of about a dozen up close. It's a nice part of the world we live in.

• Like 2