How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

40 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Spending a few minutes away from my work computer by watching 2 Robins flitting about in the back garden. Looks like they're building a nest in next doors connifer hedge.

Regards,

Steve

Very satisfying Steve. We live in a flat 3rd floor with a balcony. Pauline puts out food & we have at times 6 sparrows tucking in.

Below us is a coffee house which attracts sparrows. They walk around the outside tables, between people's feet, playing dustbin men. In the trees opposite, about 6:00 pm, the cacophony as they sing, coming from probably about a 100 sparrows, is incredible.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

It's the same here Laurie but i wish there was something they could do about the flamin' gulls,they're a menace.....

Tell me about it Vince. Sure they all come from Guernsey 🤣

Pauline puts out this food for the sparrows.

Suddenly at about 5:00am a right messy noise darned seagull has arrived. Bang bang around the balcony knock on the window the wretch just looks at you. Open window wide & the thing panics & only just clears the balcony handrail.

Brilliant here Vince just 13 Covid19 cases out of 110,000 population

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS

16 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Tell me about it Vince. Sure they all come from Guernsey 🤣

The coast is 160km due east. No noisy seagulls here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

The coast is 160km due east. No noisy seagulls here.

Vince & I will soon sort that out Mick. 🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅

How many do you want 🤣

Laurie

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LaurieS said:

Suddenly at about 5:00am a right messy noise darned seagull has arrived. Bang bang around the balcony knock on the window the wretch just looks at you. Open window wide & the thing panics & only just clears the balcony handrail.

You're lucky,a couple of days ago i broke up a couple of slices of bread and put them in a corner for the birds,next thing was around 7-10 gulls fighting over the things....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Vince & I will soon sort that out Mick. 🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅

How many do you want 🤣

Laurie

I'll have a bucket with a side of chips. 🍗 and two fillets of flounder please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

You're lucky,a couple of days ago i broke up a couple of slices of bread and put them in a corner for the birds,next thing was around 7-10 gulls fighting over the things....

Vince we have a special. He is called Roger.

Below our flat we have Morrisons a mini supermarket. The entrance has two auto doors.

Roger the seagull stalks outside the shop. Some one goes in & Roger the seagull follows in.

Darned hilarious he goes over to the snack bar jumps up on the first shelf. Picks out a packet of sandwiches & calmly walks back out.

The lady who works our apartments post office receiving area actually vidoed him doing his act. I have seen him perform.

Roger then goes to the other side of the road & attacks the sandwich packet. No other seagull attempts to join as he is a very aggressive type.

Laurie

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, LaurieS said:

With Rodger around it would have to be a tiger. 🤣

Even one of them wouldn't make any difference over here,if they're on a road they'll stare you down if you're driving towards them....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Even one of them wouldn't make any difference over here,if they're on a road they'll stare you down if you're driving towards them....

Vince that is why we have Rodger.

He scares the seagulls all back to Guernsey 🤣

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Are you sure it's not the better quality sarnies....

Could be Vince. Just keep producing them. Darn things keeping visitng our balcony early morning for the sparrows food.

Chatted to one seagull, Matilda, she said she had flown all the way from Guernsey. Gave her a right dressing down told her to buzz off back .Told her to frequent Vince's backyard as he had better gourmet & more succulent food.  🦅

Laurie

• Haha 1

Finally closing up the box after many hours of work.

spacer.pngHalfway through making this parlor guitar in memory of a dear friend of mine. Making this guitar has brought catharsis and joy in the face of devastating loss.

spacer.pngIt's Martin style X bracing, alpine spruce top, Brazilian rosewood back and sides with a heavily inlaid fretboard.

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

Learning a couple of hours ago that I'm going to be a grandfather,

Well done mate.

Got 4 grandsons & I am trying , with wife, to get them married so we can have more BABIES in the family. Spice of life.

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, TonyOD said:

Learning a couple of hours ago that I'm going to be a grandfather,

back to the beach you go! "Granddad will show you how to build a sandcastle!"

• Haha 1