How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

37 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

It's happened again,plod pulls Amy over looking all stern and taps her cars rear light cluster then goes (has he been bribed by Cain?).....

Stupid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Thanks Laurie,i wont take that personally :giggle:....

Ha ha very kind of you. Talking about some of the idiotic things the story line gets up to.

Stupid at times.

You probably say why watch. Well just had dinner sitting in my armchair with wife. In her

own armchair of course not her in mine.

So comfortable no desire to move so just watch this stupid story line.

My desire is to see someone land one on Caine.

Laurie

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Ha ha very kind of you. Talking about some of the idiotic things the story line gets up to.

Stupid at times.

You probably say why watch. Well just had dinner sitting in my armchair with wife. In her

own armchair of course not her in mine.

So comfortable no desire to move so just watch this stupid story line.

My desire is to see someone land one on Caine.

Laurie

I'm the same as you the only soap i watch is Emmerdale,and the other one i followed was Brookside,luckily for the village Cain didn't owe anything to Barry Grant.....

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Holkham Beach, Norfolk.

9 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Seeing on the BBC the King's Troop training their horses on a beach somewhere,brilliant....

Yes fantastic scene. Actually pity it was not St Ouens beach in Jersey that would have been perfect.

One year they came to Jersey & performed at the Howard Davis Festival. With their horses canons etc

what a sight. They performed in the arean twice that day. My god did they fly around in one of their

criss  cross routines. Thier horse looked splendid as did the Cannon plus the Men of the Troop.

Laurie

• Like 2

Rising from my chair to turn off the radio and silence Morrisey wailing away about not going out tonight because he “hasn’t got a thing to wear” and  having the following total silence broken after five seconds when through the open window from outside came the most beautiful birdsong when a wee chap sat there singing his heart out. Gave me a huge Cheshire Cat grin.  His melody was unmatched except by his timing

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

Rising from my chair to turn off the radio and silence Morrisey wailing away about not going out tonight because he “hasn’t got a thing to wear” and  having the following total silence broken after five seconds when through the open window from outside came the most beautiful birdsong when a wee chap sat there singing his heart out. Gave me a huge Cheshire Cat grin.  His melody was unmatched except by his timing

Perhaps this will make you happy.

Home grown museum home grown musician Holst & home grown young musicians.

Watched by young people look at their faces. Watched by older people.

All captivated. Here is Mars & Jupiter. War & Jollity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

A small incident but a very important one

On Thursday evening I was entering a supermarket in a certain Co.Tyrone town.

Behind me walked in a solitary PSNI officer (police officer). Into the supermarket, got what he wanted and out again.

To the rest of youse throughout the world, nothing unusual in that, but here, even just within the last couple of years, that officer would have been shot dead in this town

To see an on-duty officer, on his own, in this town is a very nice change.

"The times they are a changing"

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

A small incident but a very important one

On Thursday evening I was entering a supermarket in a certain Co.Tyrone town.

Behind me walked in a solitary PSNI officer (police officer). Into the supermarket, got what he wanted and out again.

To the rest of youse throughout the world, nothing unusual in that, but here, even just within the last couple of years, that officer would have been shot dead in this town

To see an on-duty officer, on his own, in this town is a very nice change.

"The times they are a changing"

Very pleased to hear that.

Just hate all this "hating" we are all the same human beings what ever creed what ever colour.

I meet well all who are good human beings & I enjoy their company.

Laurie

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

This; https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/taxi-to-benidorm-drivers-trek-to-collect-injured-customer-38716014.html

There are still some very community spirited people out there

(actually there a lot of them, they just don't get noticed too often)

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Black Knight said:

This; https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/taxi-to-benidorm-drivers-trek-to-collect-injured-customer-38716014.html

There are still some very community spirited people out there

(actually there a lot of them, they just don't get noticed too often)

That is a very human story.

My eldest daughter trained at the St Thomas's Nightingale School to be come a nurse.

We live in Jersey so she was all on her own.

Always remember saying that if she had been out in the evening, we back at home worried

but no need, London cabbies would picked up any nurse & deliver them safe back to St Thomase's

Free of Charge !!!! How about that.

Laurie

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Brad said:

A lofted on drive that sails over the boundary and into the car park.

That is cruel Brad.

I tried that many times but always missed. Put another way % wise I lost my wicket more times than I performed the lofted drive.

Laurie

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

That is cruel Brad.

I tried that many times but always missed. Put another way % wise I lost my wicket more times than I performed the lofted drive.

Laurie

It's not a shot I usually play, but the off spinner came around the wicket to me and it was just in the slot.

8 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

It works like that sometimes - the minute the ball leaves the bowler's hand you get the feeling "This one's going to be a good'un!". Didn't happen very often (read: "At all") for me, though ...

"This one's going to be a good'un!".

Yes & hit my darned wicket. Out.

Laurie

• Sad 1

Q: What makes me happy?

A: Rain!

It must be nearly a month without any rain and the tanks were getting low for watering the garden. This afternoon it poured down (thank you Mother Nature!) and supplies have been replenished & the pool topped off.

I even had a BBQ in between the downpours later on. Happy, happy, joy, joy - indeed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hairystick said:

Q: What makes me happy?

A: Rain!

It must be nearly a month without any rain and the tanks were getting low for watering the garden. This afternoon it poured down (thank you Mother Nature!) and supplies have been replenished & the pool topped off.

I even had a BBQ in between the downpours later on. Happy, happy, joy, joy - indeed.

Q What makes me happy ?

A. No rain on at least one day.

For 30 days recently we had rain on every day. To day Jersey has 50% blue sky.

That is a new recent phenomenon.

But it is darned cold about 8degrees with a force 6 blowing was 8 overnight.

Just had a look Hairystick & you have about 15 to 20 degrees you lucky thing.

Laurie

On 12/1/2019 at 4:15 AM, LaurieS said:

Just had a look Hairystick & you have about 15 to 20 degrees you lucky thing.

Yes, rain for an entire month isn't pleasant, but the plants can't grow without it. Hopefully you have a mild winter!

We've been sitting around 22-28 degrees and it's rather comfortable!

On 12/1/2019 at 11:15 PM, LaurieS said:

Any you don't want, you're more than welcome to send in this direction. Most of south-eastern Australia has been without decent rain for more than twelve months, and we're crying out for it. My part of the world (Orange and environs) has been luckier than most because our topography means that we have had 10mm or so on occasions, but it's still dry and brown, and some farmers have started to destock - a sure sign that things are tough. And the long-range forecast says no good rain for at least another two to three months.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Any you don't want, you're more than welcome to send in this direction. Most of south-eastern Australia has been without decent rain for more than twelve months, and we're crying out for it. My part of the world (Orange and environs) has been luckier than most because our topography means that we have had 10mm or so on occasions, but it's still dry and brown, and some farmers have started to destock - a sure sign that things are tough. And the long-range forecast says no good rain for at least another two to three months.

You can have as much rain as you want Admiral. But you will have to collect it.

Last night.

Force 9 gusting more horizontal rain sheeting across. Desperate noises during

the night things loose & what a racket made by the wind.

Heavy showers to day windy. A handkerchief ( such a small item with a large name ?)

of sun.

Tomorrow wind & rain all day. I will put out a bucket to collect the rain & you can collect later  😃

Laurie

• Like 1