How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

39 minutes ago, Wez said:

Our daughter's home from Uni for a few days, I came home after a particularly brain bludgeoning day to find she'd made raspberry flapjacks.  They're absolutely delicious and she's a little wonder!

Mmmmm. when can I come around Wez ?  Bank Holiday Monday ?

I will bring the tea bags.  😉

Laurie

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Mmmmm. when can I come around Wez ?  Bank Holiday Monday ?

I will bring the tea bags.  😉

Laurie

Laurie,

I'll be very surprised if there's any left by the time she goes back on Saturday morning

• Haha 1

Planted out my the rest of veggie plants today as we are away at the weekend.while Alison (Mrs T) planted out a lot of other plants and so looking forward to watching them grow. 

• Like 3

Another thing that's just made me happy is trying the rhubarb gin me and the Wonderful Mrs Wez have just spent the last month making!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Wez said:

Another thing that's just made me happy is trying the rhubarb gin me and the Wonderful Mrs Wez have just spent the last month making!

OK Wes I will forgo flapjacks 😏  I will just concentrate on the rhubarb gin. 😋 🍷🍸

Will bring own glass.  🥛See you soon.😋

Laurie

PS will bring some Jersey Royal Spuds. 🥔🥔🥔

Edited by LaurieS
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

OK Wes I will forgo flapjacks 😏  I will just concentrate on the rhubarb gin.

You're so fickle Laurie!

• Like 1

Happy day today in Norfolk. MrsT and daughter drive into Wells Next the Sea and I walked along the coastal path from Stiffkey. Beautiful weather and peace. Had an excellent coffee in Wells and another nice walk this pm. Came across a launching site for radio controlled aircraft used as targets for AA training

• Like 3

Training the next one in the ways of de Havillands finest does bring a spot of it.

sW0o93y.jpg

The young master cant see over the gun sight but can operate the hydraulics on his own.

• Like 4

the smell of a roast chicken in the oven. My retro hifi set up.

Abbott ale, a good merlot. Morgan's spiced.

An epic Sunday lay in. The end of the football season, football banter drives me  up the wall in work " I see your boys......" etc.

Fish and chips on the sea wall. a bike ride on a warm day with my missus.

Getting another kit of a different version of U.S.S. Enterprise or indeed any star trek kit.

Enjoying the moment the long constructed kit is placed on the shelf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RACETRACK said:

the smell of a roast chicken in the oven. My retro hifi set up.

Abbott ale, a good merlot. Morgan's spiced.

An epic Sunday lay in. The end of the football season, football banter drives me  up the wall in work " I see your boys......" etc.

Fish and chips on the sea wall. a bike ride on a warm day with my missus.

Getting another kit of a different version of U.S.S. Enterprise or indeed any star trek kit.

Enjoying the moment the long constructed kit is placed on the shelf.

Jumpers for goalposts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

On the news earlier a driver stopped his truck and blocked traffic,got out and helped an elderly woman across the road after no one else would stop....What a top bloke....

According to the news he was ex army.

Top bloke indeed! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

According to the news he was ex army.

Top bloke indeed! 

Dead on Vince.

Here it is please stop to hear him speak he is just laid back bloke. Great.

Laurie

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-10/you-show-the-elders-respect-kind-lorry-driver-stops-in-the-road-to-help-a-frail-lady-safely-cross-a-busy-junction/

• Like 2

I've not been on here much lately, but just having a look and seen this thread. One of the reasons why I've been so busy and not modelling is this, I'm doing my skydive license and as the title says "what makes you happy" this does and I can't put into words just how much. Here I am doing my Level 6 AFF, I passed that and my Level 7 soon after, so now i'm jumping all alone... just got to do 10 solos to gain my 'A' License, then the real fun begins.... 

Some info if anyone is interested: Jumping at Hibaldstow in Lincolnshire, from 15,000ft in a Cessna Caravan this time N105AN... 

• Like 6

The exam invigilator saying "Your time is up, please stop writing and put your pens down" signifying the end of my last of this year's OU exams...   ...FREEDOM!!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wez said:

The exam invigilator saying "Your time is up, please stop writing and put your pens down" signifying the end of my last of this year's OU exams...   ...FREEDOM!!!

I remember those days well, I got my OU degree in 2000. Hope it went OK do you still have to wait until Christmas for the results? At least more time for modelling for few months.

2 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

I remember those days well, I got my OU degree in 2000. Hope it went OK do you still have to wait until Christmas for the results? At least more time for modelling for few months.

I can never remember when I get the results, I think it's before I start my next courses in October, I seem to remember the OU year ran from January to September back when you did your degree.

Congratulations on your degree, I have another year to go before I'm finished.

I survived my first week of training on my new job. It was pretty crazy for the first couple of days, but things are settling down and it looks like it will be a good company to work for.

I went to the Modellbrno show today and two things happened:

1:

I picked up Heller's 1/72 Saab Safir in new boxing. I haven't seen that kit in years and I think it could make a good and undemanding nostalgia build.

2:

I got into conversation with a fellow who happened to be a follower of my aviation blog. His eyes lit up when he found out I write a blog he quite likes and he asked someone to take a picture of him with me.  Then it was time for my eyes to light up when he introduced himself as the author, Malcolm V Lowe. To have someone with his background and record of written work in periodicals and books tell me that my blog is good reading certainly means a lot.

Tonight, I'm going out for drinks with a former colleague that I haven't seen much of since I left the company we worked at. Looking forward to getting caught up.

Edited by upnorth
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, upnorth said:

I survived my first week of training on my new job. It was pretty crazy for the first couple of days, but things are settling down and it looks like it will be a good company to work for.

I went to the Modellbrno show today and two things happened:

1:

I picked up Heller's 1/72 Saab Safir in new boxing. I haven't seen that kit in years and I think it could make a good and undemanding nostalgia build.

2:

I got into conversation with a fellow who happened to be a follower of my aviation blog. His eyes lit up when he found out I write a blog he quite likes and he asked someone to take a picture of him with me.  Then it was time for my eyes to light up when he introduced himself as the author, Malcolm V Lowe. To have someone with his background and record of written work in periodicals and books tell me that my blog is good reading certainly means a lot.

Tonight, I'm going out for drinks with a former colleague that I haven't seen much of since I left the company we worked at. Looking forward to getting caught up.

That sounds very nice & makes a good weekend.

My wife thanked me for cleaning the flat windows this morning.

She is pleased she can now see out of them.

Laurie

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

Sitting here in canada thinking about sometime in the future ( hopefully a not to distant future ) 

about going in a devon pub ordering for dinner,  a steak n kidney pudding meal accompanied by a pint of cold cider

and a warm pastie for lunch 

cheers

jerry 

• Like 5

Or even.

As my wife & I did last week. We live in Jersey Channel Isles.

A plate of only just done Jersey Royal Potatoes dug that morning

from the best grower at L'etacq.

With a smattering of butter & sea salt. Served with my wife's concoction

of freshly cut herbs.

Just superb. Just the Jersey Royal. Eaten with much pleasure.

Laurie

http://hXdrIy.jpg

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 4