How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

On 27/11/2018 at 15:12, LaurieS said:

Go on name them Mike. Be a devil. Live dangerously. If not I will have to apply for data release.  🤔

This ray of sunshine when was this-------  😟

Laurie

1958 or so Britmodeller folklore has it.

As for jersey our family loves the place and its a regular summer holiday haunt.  Thoroughly recommend to all fellow Britmodellers for a nice relaxing holiday.

And on the subject of the thread - getting an email from Hannants today saying my 1/32 Lancaster has been dispatched.  Now all I have to do is wait - patiently  :frantic:

41 minutes ago, JohnT said:

...........Jersey our family loves the place and its a regular summer holiday haunt.  Thoroughly recommend to all fellow Britmodellers for a nice relaxing holiday.

Ahh, but John @JohnT if most of the BM collective rock up on the Channel Islands.....it AIN'T going to be relaxing.........

I can hear it now, both Civil and Military aircraft being WRONG.....colour scheme, panel lines, RIVETS!!! and the floaty things will also get short shrift.....

On that happy note I'll leave you to continue :frantic:!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, depressed lemur said:

Finding i don't have the big C, just the little one.

Many months of uncertainty and cameras in places you would not wish, the end result is a win.

So, this makes me happy.

Glad to hear it. I had the same last year with the same positive outcome. I had to have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. My only worry at the time was that if they did the colonoscopy first, would they remember to wash the camera before doing the endoscopy. 

John.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Glad to hear it. I had the same last year with the same positive outcome. I had to have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. My only worry at the time was that if they did the colonoscopy first, would they remember to wash the camera before doing the endoscopy. 

John.

I had a couple of months back the binoculars thrust up my prize possession.

Thought not as bad as led to believe. "scopy" thing cannot remember the

full name.

Says he the consultant kidneys, bladder & prostrate (80 year old one) all in good condition

Discharged.

Great until ! I have suffered since with a urinal infection. Bazaar go in all is well come out

with problems.

But yesterday infection gone. Yippee. Hope they sterilize the binoculars better next time 😉

Laurie

• Like 2

21 hours ago, depressed lemur said:

Finding i don't have the big C, just the little one.

Many months of uncertainty and cameras in places you would not wish, the end result is a win.

So, this makes me happy.

Hi

Know the feeling

I had three different scares and checks,  one after the other for different types, then an allegic reaction to blood pressure pills

suppose its just getting old 

keep on modelling .....👍👍

cheers

jerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 1:01 PM, Mike said:

A cold sunny day (preferably with a good layer of snow), and a lot more energy than I have these day. ^_^

Mike i posted about the shortest day this morning,has it been deleted...

Edited by Vince1159

Well, I finished redecorating the bedroom in time for Christmas - stripped walls, plastered, lined, painted, laminate floor, fitted wardrobes, new lights and textured ceiling. SWMBO is happy.

And, have finished the first of two MSc that I had to complete over Christmas. 3,500 words on Research methods. I have another 1,500 words to write on Information Governance by January the 7th.

Then, I can start on my KUTA builds...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John_W said:

Well, I finished redecorating the bedroom in time for Christmas - stripped walls, plastered, lined, painted, laminate floor, fitted wardrobes, new lights and textured ceiling. SWMBO is happy.

And, have finished the first of two MSc that I had to complete over Christmas. 3,500 words on Research methods. I have another 1,500 words to write on Information Governance by January the 7th.

Then, I can start on my KUTA builds...

Wow John you are a truly a guardian angel.  Well done 😍

Laurie

• Haha 1

What makes you happy.

Well I am still thinking about that.

It could be that in my 81st year I can still think.. Walk. Chat. Be obstinate. Be Critical. Be naughty (oh yes). (known as naughty Grandad) (like it spurs me on).

I like wine. My wife's cooking. Sleep no a waste of my time. Sex leave off. 10yr whisky now & then. A kiss from the fair sex only. Hug from my youngest son 

oh yes. Marmalade on my buttered toast. The twittering of a 100 sparrows in the trees outside our flat block. To look at photos of my 4 children & their off

spring. To think they would not be here if I was not here.

To wake up & to think yes I am still alive. Another day to enjoy with all those around me. A delight.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LaurieS said:

What makes you happy.

Well I am still thinking about that.

It could be that in my 81st year I can still think.. Walk. Chat. Be obstinate. Be Critical. Be naughty (oh yes). (known as naughty Grandad) (like it spurs me on).

I like wine. My wife's cooking. Sleep no a waste of my time. Sex leave off. 10yr whisky now & then. A kiss from the fair sex only. Hug from my youngest son 

oh yes. Marmalade on my buttered toast. The twittering of a 100 sparrows in the trees outside our flat block. To look at photos of my 4 children & their off

spring. To think they would not be here if I was not here.

To wake up & to think yes I am still alive. Another day to enjoy with all those around me. A delight.

Laurie

Laurie, that was good to read. In fact, it was just like listening to my brother-in-law. He'll be 89 in January, but his philosophies are much along the same lines as your own. He's in reasonable good health, with the usual age related ailments, but he still gets about unaided, still drives (reasonably well), and believe it or not, is still carrying a bullet in his shoulder from the little skirmish in Korea in the 50's. I just hope that if I reach that age, I'll be in a similar state.

For myself, something that made me happy on Tuesday was a telephone call. When I answered it, a little voice said "Happy Christmas Grandad". Made my day. Better than any present.

John.

• Like 7

A Christmas which was stress free!

Dinner with my eldest son..good food,good chat and no cooking or washing up!

Crowned off by a video chat with my family in Slovakia and the funny moment when my granddaughter turned to her mother (off camera) and said " It's Grandpa..the one who flew off to Scotland"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Laurie, that was good to read. In fact, it was just like listening to my brother-in-law. He'll be 89 in January, but his philosophies are much along the same lines as your own. He's in reasonable good health, with the usual age related ailments, but he still gets about unaided, still drives (reasonably well), and believe it or not, is still carrying a bullet in his shoulder from the little skirmish in Korea in the 50's. I just hope that if I reach that age, I'll be in a similar state.

For myself, something that made me happy on Tuesday was a telephone call. When I answered it, a little voice said "Happy Christmas Grandad". Made my day. Better than any present.

John.

Yes very nice. Like the Grandad bit. 3 of my 4 grandsons are now around 16-18 & it is very nice to be with them & chat.

I also like the respect they all give to me, including the little one 11, that is very nice.

They all can be a bit cheeky of course but then I was & likedit.

Laurie

• Like 3

Hope you don't mind me sharing another Granddaughter story.

Over the last few hours she was gathering up bits and pieces and wouldn't tell her mum or dad what she was up to until she had finished then she announced that she was flying to Scotland to see Granny and Grandpa!

de861ff7-39c5-4926-bcf9-2f123a98ca2d.jpg

• Like 5

Wishing you 'orrible shower..........................................Happy New Year!

May yours be peaceful, better than you deserve and far better than you can imagine......

Have a good one......see ya next year

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Having a few days off and spending some quality time with mrs fatfingers. Gone into town and currently working our way round some proper pubs :drink:cant go wrong with good beer and even better company. 

Regsrds

Steve

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

@fatfingers, Steve just keep WELL clear of anything with the name Worthinton on it.............:whistle:

No fear of that old chap.... Timothy Taylor's, Sam Smiths or Leeds Brewery and you know your onto a winner :winkgrin: 

Regards 

Steve 

Now then, our Steve.....don't be so quick to write off the likes of Black Sheep, Burton Bridge, or if you like to live dangerously and go mainstream there's Marston's...but not Peddi.....bit like gnats these days :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1