How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

2 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Amen.

Thinking of my eighteen month old Grandson, diagnosed with AML Leukemia, started his first five weeks of Chemo today.....:crying:

So sad, not only for the little fellow but also for mother and father and the family who must be going through an awful time.

I hope all goes well and that the fellow makes a great recovery. My little fellow, the last of 4, went through a mental trauma

for a good number of years. All well now 40 years old but it certainly leaves a mark. But then that is true love.

One fact I do know is that it is best to talk about these things. My son, then 15, was in a psychiatric unit and it was very helpful to

talk to other parents. At that time it was "a cover it all up" attitude but we totally went the other way and talked.

Laurie

• Like 3

Thanks you all. 👍

Mark (lazermonkey), Vince and Laurie.

Grates more than a little. Happy, smiling little chap

(most of the time!) Never done anything to anybody, and then you get some of the little 'darlings' (other terms available!) wandering around.........at times, it just makes you wonder.......

Paul

59 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Thanks you all. 👍

(most of the time!) Never done anything to anybody, and then you get some of the little 'darlings' (other terms available!) wandering around.........at times, it just makes you wonder.......

Paul

Best wishes to your Grandson Paul and the whole family.

Awful thing to go through but my thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery for the little chap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Amen.

Thinking of my eighteen month old Grandson, diagnosed with AML Leukemia, started his first five weeks of Chemo today....

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Bless him, he'll be in good hands. 

Here's wishing him a full recovery.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Thanks you all. 👍

Paul

That is what makes it so unfair. Hopefully it will be just a speed bump  on his way through life and he recovers quickly

• Like 1

Simple human kindness makes me happy.

Most of us have never met Paul and his grandson nor ever will, yet people are taking their time to express their sympathy, wishing the family well and hoping the little chap has a speedy recovery, 'tis good to see in a selfish world.

Paul, please add my name to that list of well-wishers, finger's crossed for a good outcome.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

(most of the time!) Never done anything to anybody, and then you get some of the little 'darlings' (other terms available!) wandering around.........at times, it just makes you wonder.

That 'sad' emojiwhatsit looks very trite, but I really am very sorry to hear that Paul.

Bad things happen to good people, and it's even more gutting when awful things happen to the completely innocent. We're all rooting for him and as the above have said, he's in good hands.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Amen.

Thinking of my eighteen month old Grandson, diagnosed with AML Leukemia, started his first five weeks of Chemo today.....:crying:

As an extremely proud (and very chuffed) Granddad of a six year old Grandson, I feel for you. I can't begin to know what you and your family are going through right now, but I wish you well, and I hope everything turns out well for the little one.

John. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Simple human kindness makes me happy.

Most of us have never met Paul and his grandson nor ever will, yet people are taking their time to express their sympathy, wishing the family well and hoping the little chap has a speedy recovery, 'tis good to see in a selfish world.

Paul, please add my name to that list of well-wishers, finger's crossed for a good outcome.

I like that very much Wez. That is a very happy sentiment and makes me happy.

Shows we can relate our emotions to others with absolute freedom without favour.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, that means a lot.

Wez, don't speak too soon, I'll be at SMW in November! may even kidnap the little 'un, as he's in Birmingham Childrens Hospital, after all their never too young to learn our 'black arts'!

May even bring all five grandkids, 'stand by yer tables!'

May I wish all of you and your extended families long life with only the occasional shower in the mix, like a cold for the girls and 'man flu' for the lads!

Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

with only the occasional shower in the mix, like  'man flu' for the lads!

Paul

If it is OK with you Paul I will just go for a beer. Healthier.

Laurie

• Haha 1

My son phoned me today to tell me about my 17 month old granddaughter's latest English word (She'll be tri-lingual with English,Slovak and Hungarian.)

It is 'see' as she points skyward at a passing aircraft.

Must be in the genes.

Edit to add a photo which makes me smile

resized_df81cb72-3320-42b7-a05b-977a7e13

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Half 4 this morning,the birds singing outside and the cat sound asleep on my shoulder...

Ahh yes. Lying in bed in Jersey listening to Vince's melodic snoring in Guernsey.

Ahh yes, the pleasantries of life.

On animals. Always had 2 dogs trained never to invade the sanctuary of the first floor.

Get up in the morning. Walk down the stairs and each dog, one paw on the first step,

wagging their tail so much their rear end resembled a metronome. 

A stroke and the tails doubled in speed. A sit down on the first step and they were all

over me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

On animals. Always had 2 dogs trained never to invade the sanctuary of the first floor.

Get up in the morning. Walk down the stairs and each dog, one paw on the first step,

wagging their tail so much their rear end resembled a metronome.

Tiddles knows how to open the doors,all he has to do is stretch up and pull the handle down but every now and again after he's kept me awake half the night it's nice to hear a dull thud when he falls off and lands on tne carpet....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Tiddles knows how to open the doors,all he has to do is stretch up and pull the handle down but every now and again after he's kept me awake half the night it's nice to hear a dull thud when he falls off and lands on tne carpet....

Animals are not dopey are they Vince. Out first Labrador used to pull door handles down then walk backwards to open the door. Never managed to teach her to close it though.

Good on cheese 2lb in one swipe and a frozen chicken during the night . Love their tricks ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I know that winter's getting closer here - these nights His Henryship is in and under the bedclothes before midnight, and doesn't turn to in the morning until I do!

• Like 3