How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

Happiness is - starting a new model, finishing said model (although the ratio is a paulty 5:1) at the moment!) and quietly consuming the images in the photo below... and NO, I don’t eat my magazines either!! 

Cheers.. Dave (oh I better mention the family shouldn’t I, there not a bad bunch either!!)

38636128170_8e289011be_b.jpg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Beard said:

Also, apart from some of the things mentioned in the song (which also makes me happy), a Fender Jaguar played loud through a Deluxe Reverb or a Twin with loads of reverb and a smidgen of tremolo and, Spitfires.

A man of exquisite taste!

I have a Jaguar and a few Jazzmasters, use a ridiculous amount of reverb and stick those through a '75 silverface Twin Reverb (and an Orange AD30. I use a stereo rig for maximum whooshiness). I always quite fancied playing through a pair of Fender Quadreverbs (imagine a Twin but with four 12" speakers. In a combo.) but carrying  a Twin is hard enough on the back.

And I will still argue that the Spitfire is the most beautiful thing crafted by Man, closely followed by the Jazzmaster and Jaguar.

• Like 1

How do chaps,

Being sat in a warm shed with a bottle of Black Sheep Ale, classic FM on the wireless and working on my M3/M4 GB entry. Well that's what made me happy yesterday. Today.... being thanked by one of my clients for helping them to be accepted for more suitable and safe accommodation due to health issues. Hearing the joy and happiness in their voice when I phoned and told them makes the job worthwhile B) 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 7

After an extended search, it was most gratifying to find a supplier of firewood for the coming winter.

Even nicer was the price, since the wood was "wet". (OK, I can live with that since there are a few months to go before needing it).

Extra nice was getting it delivered and finding it is all bone dry! Woohoo!

Now, to stack 7.5 cubic metres of the stuff away under cover...

On 2/23/2018 at 3:37 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

quietly consuming the images in the photo below... and NO, I don’t eat my magazines either!! 

Hmmm. Going by the coffee and doughnuts I'm guessing that you are a policeman...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 24/02/2018 at 2:11 PM, lasermonkey said:

A man of exquisite taste!

I have a Jaguar and a few Jazzmasters, use a ridiculous amount of reverb and stick those through a '75 silverface Twin Reverb (and an Orange AD30. I use a stereo rig for maximum whooshiness). I always quite fancied playing through a pair of Fender Quadreverbs (imagine a Twin but with four 12" speakers. In a combo.) but carrying  a Twin is hard enough on the back.

And I will still argue that the Spitfire is the most beautiful thing crafted by Man, closely followed by the Jazzmaster and Jaguar.

I've always loved the sound of a Hammond organ being played by just about everyone from Keith Emerson Jimmy Smith to Jon Lord  to Steve Winwood. 

The pulsating throb of a bass guitar by just about anyone, from the Ox to Greg Lake, Carole Kay, Jamie Jamerson, John Paul Jones, but guitar music - I can appreciate it, sing that  Wang a Wang a Wang Wang Wang to Voodoo Chile, and just about any axe hero, but not to the extent I love bass and Hammond organ.

If you want my view on amps and cabinets, the rock music icon for me is a wall of Marshall 4 x 12's, though rows of of WEM  4x12 pa speakers brought a smile to my lips in the '60's and early '70's.

What us the most beautiful thing crafted by man? I'm not sure if an early E type can be more beautiful than a spit, but my goodness the two are incredibly close in the beauty stakes!

• Like 1

The bus is taking ages this morning so I’m getting through more of BM and Radcliffe & Maconie than usual!

Also, listening to a new album for the first time and loving it. In this case, This Is England by The Lovely Eggs. And someone wrote into RadMac saying they’d thought the band was called Eggs and were being described as lovely.

• Haha 1

On 24/02/2018 at 2:11 PM, lasermonkey said:

I have a Jaguar and a few Jazzmasters, use a ridiculous amount of reverb and stick those through a '75 silverface Twin Reverb (and an Orange AD30. I use a stereo rig for maximum whooshiness). I always quite fancied playing through a pair of Fender Quadreverbs (imagine a Twin but with four 12" speakers. In a combo.)

A translation of this is available on request :smile:

Here's a thing that looks and sounds better than a Spitfire (I know,I know..heretic and all that :wicked:)

c6fd6aaf-41e2-496d-82bf-523d26aec43d.JPG

• Like 4

:hmmm:might agree Richard, IF you take off the navy blue cross thingy and put a PROPER flag there,

something like this.................................

stgeorgescross_flagofengland.jpg

Just sayin, like..............:whistle:

Paul

Edited by PhoenixII
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, Scimitar said:

I'm content  (some say I'm a grumpy old sod but most of that's an act!)

Perhaps it's an age thing when you have had so many happy events that there are too many to list. I'm fortunate that the happy list is longer than the other.

I couldn't resist adding this to the thread though

Vintage-RAF-Royal-Air-Force-Happiness-Is

You make me happy Rich.

Playing cricket. I love the game, but a back and knee injury I did more than a few years ago is starting to catch up with me. This season has been quite painful and I'm not sure how much longer I can continue. I had to give away wicket keeping when I did my back and concentrate on just batting. I'll see if I can shed a few kgs I put on when I injured myself, it may help prolong my career.

The Mrs and I were looking out of the back window at the snow-covered garden, watching the various birds. We particularly enjoy the thrushes and blackbirds, who have bags of personality.

The Mrs remarked that it would be nice to see a redwing or fieldfare, as we haven't had one visit our garden yet. Literally within ten seconds, a fieldfare alighted on the fence. This was swiftly followed by another 90+ which flew low and slow over the garden, probably checking out the dining facilities. We have put more food out in the hope that they return.

• Like 7

Finding a £10 note at the park while walking the:dog::)

Then, the following day finding two £20 notes at the same park. :):):):)

Now, where's that Ebay thing…. :penguin:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1