Airbus 320’s 2017

airbus320

Hi folks,

I had a reasonably productive 2017 having got back into the hobby in 2016. Modelling certainly helps pass the long hot summers out here in the desert!

Spitfires featured heavily as usual, being my favourite modelling subject! All are 1/48th.

Eduard Spitfire IXc (early) built OOB

k3eo8Vv.jpg

Hasegawa Spitfire VI also OOB

dJ0U9nC.jpg

Next up was the Airfix Spitfire XII bashed together with a spare Hasegawa fuselage to correct some of the ‘fatness’ of the Airfix kit.

vPdo9tv.jpg

Last Spitfire for the year was the ICM Spitfire VII with Ultracast cannons and prop plus a Falcon canopy.

lrVqiYZ.jpg

Next was the Tamiya Beaufighter TF.X using xtradecal markings for an aircraft of 404 Squadron RCAF. An interior set by Aires was used.

GrPK7JG.jpg

I entered the DH group build using the awful Revell Mosquito dressed up with Eaglecals decals and a vacform replacement for the mis-moulded canopy.

cd23OT8.jpg

Having never built a P-51 Mustang in my life I decided this needed to change! First up was the Tamiya Mustang III built as a Polish machine using Techmod decals.

g0ZQAj0.jpg

Second on my Pony list was the Mustang I conversion by Ultracast using the Accurate Miniatures kit

HpHVjrk.jpg

Lastly I thought it was time for the opposition to get a look in so the Hobbyboss Fw190D-9 was next

cCQ60iR.jpg

The final model I finished for 2017 was the ICM/Revell Bf109F-4z/trop

TKhdbUl.jpg

All in all all quite a productive year! Happy modelling to all in 2018.

Thanks for looking,

Chris

• Like 7