1:48 Meng F-35A

Jon Bryon

1 hour ago, Sobby_23 said:

Looks interesting, will keep an eye on this. Lovely the slightly retro box art. 

Was just thinking the box art and text looks like Academy from years back. It's always quite exciting to see a company like Meng doing something in my scale and genre, like AFV Club doing the F-5 series. Nice to see a company doing up to date weapons as well and not just the usual fair.

Muzz

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Knetterik said:

Hmm what to do with my Kittyhawk F-35 that is in stash now...

build it !! any airforces possible, and I would like to see a direct comparison :devil:

at least for learning and painting!

great news!

looking forward ro a Meng F-35 :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like the F-35A/B/C, but always prefer inflight mode and a pilot figure will help in such cases. With the special helmet for the F-35, one can't just rob a pilot from another kit like I would have otherwise ;)

23 minutes ago, DIO said:

Riveting looks a little exaggerated (and it is the first time in my life that I say that!)...

As do those raised RAM panels .... to my eye these are relativly flush with the rest of the fuselage, unlike what we are seeing produced by the various model manufacturers. Hasegawa's 2014 1/72 kit seems to have got this right, however (IMO) all newer tooled kits are taking this raised panel approach?  Meng's CAD's and Boxart look so much better then these sprue images suggest.  

Cheers.. Dave

According to the link in the first post, the last line says this:

What's more, the latest stores of the USAF are provided in the kit.

also the box art says Various Store Options so it looks like the sprue pics aren't showing the weapons.

Jari