Eggplant grey/purple!!!

thepureness

As far as the Eggplant color goes, the AKAN color is actually more accurate. I read that is is actually matched to RAL color 7015 Slate gray. Yes, the Russians use RAL colors. Here's the discussion on ARC about Eggplant Grey where this came up:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/299610-two-148-su-34-and-the-winner-is/&page=12

Anyway, the MRP color does look good too, but it has a more purple tint than the real paint, which is more a straight very dark slightly bluish grey. Almost a neutral gray. If you want the most accurate, go with AKAN.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to my local paint shop today and got a small can of RAL 7015 made up (needed to repaint a dark gray door so thought why not?).

I sampled it with the AKAN 73166 Eggplant and found them to be the same hue, AKAN being a little darker. With some white added the AKAN was then a near perfect match.

• 10 months later...
On 09/02/2019 at 09:43, Blue_Centurion said:

Not boring here. MRP makes the color (see below), although some might disagree with the results. I would also throw caution into the wind when using Akan water based paints (unless they have somehow changed the adhesion levels). Their Lacquer line spray better and the adhesion is eons better than the the water based.

Beautiful amazing work, very inspirational 

I have been trying to buy more AKAN lacquer paints which work great....., can’t find a distributor. Used to purchase from Alexandr directly...,

also looking for the appropriate blue grey color for the SU-24....

regards

robi 

• 1 year later...