1/48 Zoukei Mura HORTEN 229 finished

Hi,

here are pictures of Horten 229 in 1/48 scale. Well, it is not in fact finished, I still need to do some cleaning and add bits and fix some parts. I didn't still add hatches and brakes, since I had an accident with one brake and one hatch leg, so need to fix it.

Upper part is glued but only on some points and very lightly, so it can be removed.

Inner areas are completely engraved since it came with no details.

those wooden planks at the back are scrathcbuilt.

Hope you like it, cheers, Marko

1.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

Edited by skuki
  • Like 72
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, exdraken said:

Fantastic!

Did you use/build  the wings (if you can say so with a Flying Wing ;) ) as well?

thanks, I plan to add a wing, but only one, vertically positioned beside the plane

I first started looking at the photos and was amazed with the detail and the paint work. I didn't pay much attention to who the builder was but went back to the top of the thread and see it is Skuki! I remember your work on ARC over the years and this has to be your best yet! Congrats my friend!

One question: Is that decal you are using to replicate the wood? or is it painted? It is stunning.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Blue_Centurion said:

I first started looking at the photos and was amazed with the detail and the paint work. I didn't pay much attention to who the builder was but went back to the top of the thread and see it is Skuki! I remember your work on ARC over the years and this has to be your best yet! Congrats my friend!

One question: Is that decal you are using to replicate the wood? or is it painted? It is stunning.

Hello, and thanks! I'm really glad you remember, I did hang around on ARC a lot, while I was younger and when I was less keeper and more builder :D

Reagrding the wood - it was painted with oil pant.

Here are some progress fo wood painting:

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...