TAMIYA DAK STEYER 1500A/01

Great Redcoat 2966👍.superlative weathering not overdone! Can you please explain your way to paint and sanding the tyres? Very realistic. Ciao Filippo  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Great Redcoat 2966👍.superlative weathering not overdone! Can you please explain your way to paint and sanding the tyres? Very realistic. Ciao Filippo  

Thanks Phil.....appreciate that. As regards the weathered and dusted wheels. I used AK's Dust & Dirt Deposits.....I'm not at my bench, but I think for North Africa. I pushed it through my AB and gave a complete even coat. I leave the wheels off to do this, a lot easier to handle. Once it was fully dry, I went at it with a dampened with white spirit cotton bud and removed it from where you see the tire showing through.

Since I posted, I've added a very thin....maybe 10 to 15% tan over spray to do a final blend and link the wheels with the main upper body. Once I get back to the bench I intend to give the vehicle an exterior wash again with 50/50 of the Dust And Dirt Deposits. Then on with the stowage, ammo for mortar etc. Get some small arms in there too.

Hope to post an update early next week.

Thanks again.

Regards

Redcoat......:yes:

5 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Then on with the stowage, ammo for mortar etc. Get some small arms in there too.

Noting that the Panzerschrek and Panzerfaust seen in the earlier photos were not available in time to see service with DAK.

10 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Noting that the Panzerschrek and Panzerfaust seen in the earlier photos were not available in time to see service with DAK.

Yeah, already back in the stowage store’s.....They were when I intended to do standard Dunkelgelb over Panzer Grey, after ‘43 when DK became standard....by then it was all over in North Africa....the change to DAK was to try out AK’s chipping medium effect which I hadn’t done before...........all that’s going in now is bags and boxes.

Just had a shipment of figures for a wide range of projects. Not a bad deal at £3.60 each.....:winkgrin:

Chosen this one for the Steyer. I'm going to shift all my time to this project for the next couple of weeks.

EDIT: Changed my mind, this one now......:smile:

S3WtiVm.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 3