Kinetic catalogue 2018 - online

Homebee

I wonder what the price point will be.... 1/144 Revell C-17 IIRC was about £30 odd quids, Roden 1/144 C-5 TEN MILLION DOLLAR ok about £100, Anigrand 1/72 C-17 about £140.... if they can do it for under £100 someone at Roden needs to be slapped!

TT

Seems to have a full interior, so it won't be as cheap as the 1/144 'curbside' kits.  My guess is somewhere between the $60 of the Hawkeyes and the $100 of the 1/32 Hornet/1/24 Thunderbolts.  Most likely on the higher end.

• Like 1

A new IA-58 in 48th.  Pinch me now I must be dreaming!  I have loved the Pucara for years and have wanted a good kit of one.  Now we get a new one in 48th and Special Hobby is doing or redoing theirs in 72nd!  2018 is starting off great!

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:50 AM, Vlamgat9 said:

Cheetah D... now that is a surprise I must say. 

But using a Cheetah B as illustration.

Rumored about three months ago locally

Edited by Charlie Hugo

15 minutes ago, Laurent said:

How do you differenciate a B and a D ?

Most obvious is the undercarriage. There are other finer details, mostly panel lines  It depends upon the base airframe used for the conversion

Serial numbers 849 through 844  Cheetah D2  (ex Mirage IIID2Z)

Serial numbers 858 through 862  Cheetah B    (ex Nesher T)

Serial numbers 839 through 841  Cheetah D    (ex Mirage IIIDZ)

although in general they were all called Cheetah D

Edited by Charlie Hugo

13 minutes ago, chrisov said:

Great choice for me/us but perhaps not so good for Scaleworx....but then they do conversions for the Heller kit and the other Cheetah versions.

John has indicated he may do specific upgrade/conversion detail parts to provide either a true D or true B for the forthcoming Kinetic kit (whichever variant it is)

Great idea, I used his conversion to make a Cheetah D from the Heller Mirage B/C several years and very nice it was too. Will keep the eyes peeled.

Also found a very good book (bought from S Africa, very helpful book store too) on the Cheetah which unfortunately is packed away at the moment so cant give details.

1 hour ago, Charlie Hugo said:

Most obvious is the undercarriage. There are other finer details, mostly panel lines  It depends upon the base airframe used for the conversion

Serial numbers 849 through 844  Cheetah D2  (ex Mirage IIID2Z)

Serial numbers 858 through 862  Cheetah B    (ex Nesher T)

Serial numbers 839 through 841  Cheetah D    (ex Mirage IIIDZ)

although in general they were all called Cheetah D

Please clarify.

http://www.sa-transport.co.za/aircraft/atlas/cheetah.html
840 is a Cheetah D ? The main landing gear doors look like legacy Mirage doors. This means that the Mirage IIIDZ landing gear was kept in the D ?
845 is a Cheetah D2 ? The main landing gear doors look like those in the Kfir. This means that that the airframe was retrofitted with a Kfir landing gear also ?

https://www.airteamimages.com/atlas-cheetah_861_-_251920_large.html
861 is a Cheetah B ? It has a Kfir landing gear right ? If so how to distinguish it from a D2 ?

22 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Please clarify.

http://www.sa-transport.co.za/aircraft/atlas/cheetah.html
840 is a Cheetah D ? The main landing gear doors look like legacy Mirage doors. This means that the Mirage IIIDZ landing gear was kept in the D ?

Yes

845 is a Cheetah D2 ? The main landing gear doors look like those in the Kfir. This means that that the airframe was retrofitted with a Kfir landing gear also ?

Yes

https://www.airteamimages.com/atlas-cheetah_861_-_251920_large.html
861 is a Cheetah B ? It has a Kfir landing gear right ? If so how to distinguish it from a D2 ?

With difficulty, serial number and underside airframe changes. There are differences in panels lines (yes this is being pedantic, due to different fuel tanks fitted) A friend of mine has done a lot of research and has written (not published) a book on Mirage III/ Cheetah family in SAAF. There are still some murky grey areas, unfortunately a lot of the truth will most likely never be revealed. Also check out the windscreen as another indicator.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:30 PM, Charlie Hugo said:

John has indicated he may do specific upgrade/conversion detail parts to provide either a true D or true B for the forthcoming Kinetic kit (whichever variant it is)

Hi guys,

The 1/48 Cheetah D (SW48-13) and B conversion (SW48-14) will remain in production. Once the Kinetic Cheetah D/B has been released, I'll acquire one and investigate the accuracy, which would lead to either a correction or detail set for it ;)

Cheers,

John

• Like 1