Arlo's first build.

Bit of a gap in posting, and the build as Arlo has been busy with home work and things. However, school closed early so he seized the opportunity to continue the build. Having airbrushed an extra coat of green (can't remember the number as the tiny pot is now extinct), today he gave the tank a coat of Quick Shine gloss varnish ready to apply the decals tomorrow.

DSC_2842

He then began painting the fine detail on the tank commander, which Arlo received in the post thanks to Sgt.Squarehead.

DSC_2841

Thats it for today.

• Like 7

On 12/02/2018 at 20:05, Sgt.Squarehead said:

No worries, ping me a PM and I'll put one in the post to you.  B)

DSC_2841

Thank you so much for the fantastic package you sent Arlo, he was super excited to receive post, and even more excited when he opened it. We are ever so grateful for your kindness, and Arlo says "Thank you!" 

Thanks again, 

Michelle. 

• Like 5

Nice work so far. KUTGW Arlo! Those 1:72 models from the Post Office seemed very large when I was 7, but are now tiny in my big clumsy hands.

Airbrushing at 7 - they start them young these days :wink:.

• Like 1

nice work... what is this quick shine varnish? i use an old bottle of future but it is slowly going off... was tempted to try something new (I swear by W&N Matt so maybe their gloss... but any recomendations ....)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robw_uk said:

nice work... what is this quick shine varnish? i use an old bottle of future but it is slowly going off... was tempted to try something new (I swear by W&N Matt so maybe their gloss... but any recomendations ....)

My other half found a thread somewhere about quick Shine gloss varnish, as a new equivalent to future. It's sold in Lakeland, and having had a terrible experience with Humbrol gloss I was relieved when it worked wonders. I too use W&N Matt which is fantastic, I would recommend using Quick Shine works a treat.

Thanks,

Michelle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Glad he made it to you OK, really sorry I couldn't find any plastic stowage, I know I have some somewhere, but I just couldn't find it!  :sorry:

Honestly Arlo was so happy, so a huge thank you from us all!😀

• Like 1

The tank commander is now firmly in place and busy searching the horizon for any enemy tanks. So on to decals (I should point out that applying decals with a 7 year old who seems to have developed ADHD since the snow has arrived, is a demanding experience!). So Arlo set to work, they are tiny and the tank body has many raised areas so I gave him a little micro sol and helped here and there. That said, he's done a good job, and it is now drying before a final varnish. 

DSC_2852

DSC_2853

DSC_2854

• Like 9

On 01/03/2018 at 11:48 PM, Shelliecool said:

My other half found a thread somewhere about quick Shine gloss varnish, as a new equivalent to future. It's sold in Lakeland, and having had a terrible experience with Humbrol gloss I was relieved when it worked wonders. I too use W&N Matt which is fantastic, I would recommend using Quick Shine works a treat.

Thanks,

Michelle. 

Trying W&N gloss... First use on test subject this afternoon. Will provide my in-expert opinion

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:58, Shelliecool said:

So on to decals (I should point out that applying decals with a 7 year old who seems to have developed ADHD since the snow has arrived, is a demanding experience!).

I have a 6 year old grandson who builds model aircraft with his Dad's help, but he has the attention span of a gnat, so I know what you mean.

Tell Arlo that he's made a superb job of the Cromwell, especially getting that Allied star to lay down flat.

John.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robw_uk said:

Trying W&N gloss... First use on test subject this afternoon. Will provide my in-expert opinion

well it sprays nicely... now letting it dry to see if it clouds over....

• Like 1

I'd add a +1 for W&N Matt Aerosol Acrylic Varnish too.....It's the best stuff I've ever used out of a can, by a country mile (it does behave kind of odd when you first spray it, just stay calm, let the magic happen).  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...