Tiger Model BMPT 72

Hey,

After lingering around the forum and making great use of the stunning amount of information here I thought, it would be time to continue my selfish trip by asking for your opinion on a build I recently finished for Airfix Model World (seen in the June 2017 issue) :D

39211019284_eb0b2e5476_b.jpg
39211018984_a402e01894_b.jpg
39921507251_cfe24e07d0_b.jpg
39211018344_0ce7bda46f_b.jpg
39921506391_240d1ba2f4_b.jpg
26048577838_29e22f5829_b.jpg

Many thanks in advance for your comments and critique!

Cristian

• Like 17

A pity no sales of the -72 to date.  Just arms fair schemes.  This looks very good as a demonstrator that's just done a turn on the test track.  Just a bit mucky.  Nice scheme.

Kazakhstan bought a few of the original BMPT and Algeria has bought a load.  Following their Syria experience Russia has finally just ordered the BMPT with the BMPT-72 configuration turret and some other changes.  Zvezda has already announced that variant for 2018 and I guess Meng and Trumpeter will follow.

• Thanks 1

Thank you! :)

The demonstration run was what I had in mind with the weathering but it might have turned out a bit too heavy for that.

Concerning the scheme, most of the few builds around were done in the splinter camo which I personally not only find tedious to replicate but also less attractive. That orangey sand look is not really appealing to me.

The Kazakh version offered by Trumpeter (#09506) is also rather attractive with its chunky appearence in contrast to the more filligrane outline of the -72.

Thanks again to everybody for dropping in!

Edited by armored76
  • Like 1

Thank you! :)

The green has been applied in translucent layers, with highly dilluted paint over the tan base. The application was kept "cloudy" to avoid a uniform apperence. Additionally, the lower area has been oversprayed with an 80-20 IPA-sand color mix to replicate dust and details picked out with a dark wash. Nothing magical, really :) Does that answer your quesion?

• Thanks 1