Flying Boats & Float Planes 2 GB Chat

19 hours ago, greggles.w said:

Thanks Pat, well I got 95% complete ... on the floats only!! Nothing actually done to the ‘plane! 😕  I think that could be construed as barely 25% of total?

That’s a generous idea.

Either way, I’d be happy to bring the Curtiss CR-3 back into the fold, .. and start a new one too 😁

Thanks to the inspired idea supplied by Corsairfoxfouruncle aka Dennis below, I dropped a message to Enzo tonight requesting permission to "rollover" the previous GBs unfinished builds

21 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well if anything is an example lets use the MTO 2 Group build. Anything started in the original MTO Grp. Build but not finished was allowed entry no matter how much was completed. You could always do that here as well couldn't you ? 

Dennis

Not wishing in anyway to put Enzo under undue pressure I did casually reminder him that my daughter didn't finish her Arado 196 in the last GB, so he can face the wrath of a 13 year old tantrum if he chooses the wrong decision ! :angry: :poo:

cheers Pat

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Apologies SS, 

I don't think I ever answered your post, personally if the aircraft actually existed I'm game with different markings, however any reason why given it's such a rare aircraft you don't want to build it to represent the actual markings ?

cheers Pat

It's Trumpy's Wildcatfish and TBH it looks a bit boring in US colours. The guys from the takeaway brought me back some Turkish decals when they visited their relatives and I'd quite like to use them, or at least some of them as there's about twenty planes worth by the look of it. I've already done a US one in 72nd BTW.

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks to the inspired idea supplied by Corsairfoxfouruncle aka Dennis below, I dropped a message to Enzo tonight requesting permission to "rollover" the previous GBs unfinished builds

Not wishing in anyway to put Enzo under undue pressure I did casually reminder him that my daughter didn't finish her Arado 196 in the last GB, so he can face the wrath of a 13 year old tantrum if he chooses the wrong decision ! :angry: :poo:

cheers Pat

That certainly comes under cruel and unusual punishment. Poor Enzo is probably on a plane anywhere else right now. Unless heading Italy way ;)

• Like 1

Just heard back from Enzo

Great News

We are all good to rollover any build from the previous GB, I can now call off Ms Jockney Junior as she can finish her Arado 196.

So no excuses form an orderly queue please !

cheers Pat

• Like 3

Morning Pat

So this is where you've been hiding!!

Not too sure what I'm doing here, but the idea of Round 2 is wonderful and 'Yes' count me in if you'll have me after the Sea Gull ASR of last time.

As to possibilities, well there's a Marlin, Mariner (vacform), F-RSIN Late 631 (with no more than a dozen pieces), BV222 Viking, Felixstowe, Stranraer, Sea Otter, Sikorsky something or other, CMKs H2H1 and SM-78 ......  so a number to choose from.

I sense from the others posted here the standard will be high, the fun factor tremendous and the outturns superb.

Regards

Andrew

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SeaPlane said:

Morning Pat

So this is where you've been hiding!!

Not too sure what I'm doing here, but the idea of Round 2 is wonderful and 'Yes' count me in if you'll have me after the Sea Gull ASR of last time.

As to possibilities, well there's a Marlin, Mariner (vacform), F-RSIN Late 631 (with no more than a dozen pieces), BV222 Viking, Felixstowe, Stranraer, Sea Otter, Sikorsky something or other, CMKs H2H1 and SM-78 ......  so a number to choose from.

I sense from the others posted here the standard will be high, the fun factor tremendous and the outturns superb.

Regards

Andrew

As Enzo would say..........BUILD THEM ALL :thumbsup:

Hi Andrew

You are very welcome, Jaime set the bar really high when he looked after the last GB, if I can do half as good a job it will still be really superb.

Now just the small matter of attracting enough vote !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat

Please could I be considered.  I have not done a GB for a while and fancy having a go, I have a 72nd Felixstowe, 72 Blackburn Shark, 48 CA Walrus and 48 Grumman Gosling to choose from.  Out of the bunch I think the Gosling would be a Goer.

Thanks and all the best

Chris

PSjust checked the Shark and there are no floats as I gave them away as I was going to do a wheeled undercarriage so that's not suitable. 

Edited by bigbadbadge
Added a PS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 9:46 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Pat

Please could I be considered.  I have not done a GB for a while and fancy having a go, I have a 72nd Felixstowe, 72 Blackburn Shark, 48 CA Walrus and 48 Grumman Gosling to choose from.  Out of the bunch I think the Gosling would be a Goer.

Thanks and all the best

Chris

PSjust checked the Shark and there are no floats as I gave them away as I was going to do a wheeled undercarriage so that's not suitable. 

Hi Chris

Apologies for the. Delay in replying.

Yes you are very welcome to join, so I shall add you to the front page of this thread.

As for the choice of build, the Felixstowe would be amazing and you could either build the Shark as is in the current Carriers GB or pop a note on the wanted section on here to see if anyone has any spare floats,

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Just to stir up interest in the GB once more, here are some pictures of my recently finished Dornier Do 24T, which was my entry to the original GB but I didn't manage to finish in time. It was my test bed for several sea plane weathering techniques. The RFI is here.

y4mzoyFkGY_HBG9Vr17BbKbAI_J5k-dhA_SVCDBs

y4mlJYF92FGok6hMgZNdpszMxO_wQb5vw2N4qHHL

y4meYRI8ZOTx_bFyIZnUaivctkFtev-200V45rqZ

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 7

Hi Pat 

Thanks very much. I could try the Felixstowe but not sure there would be enough time to complete. The shark I would like to do as a carrier aircraft anyway so no great shakes really the floats.

Thanks and all the best 

Chris 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wonderful job Jaime, have you selected another victim for this GB assuming we are lucky enough to get the votes we need ?

Thanks Pat! Haven't selected a new one yet but I have plenty to choose from, as I've shown in a previous post :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Evening Pat,

Jamie has drawn this to my attention via my post on the dio I made for my build in the last GB. I was worried that the next one was going to be this year - if it was I would have been unlikely to enter as I have only just started a project which given the current rate of progress is going to take a little time.....

However I read with relief that it will not be until 2019, so I will try to enter a scratch build in the Sacred Scale: I am thinking of either a Hansa-Brandenburg W13 or W20 - both pushers so totally acceptable, and both on my "to do" list. Please note that with my speed of construction it will only be possible to make one of these.

I will keep an eye open for the votes for 2019 GB's and will try to ensure that I get one in.

To add to the interest stirred by Jamie here are a couple of better photos of my build plus the base that I constructed for it after the GB was completed.

41526385441_8e549fd4d7_c.jpg

41526385451_585961c7c5_c.jpg

P

• Like 8

On 12/06/2018 at 10:40, CliffB said:

Are helicopters allowed Pat?

Well, amphibian helicopters were allowed in the first edition of the GB, as well as aircraft-shaped Ekranoplans. I think we could convince Pat to keep the same rules in this second edition  :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jrlx said:

Well, amphibian helicopters were allowed in the first edition of the GB, as well as aircraft-shaped Ekranoplans. I think we could convince Pat to keep the same rules in this second edition  :)

Cheers

Jaime

Excellent!  Thanks Jaime.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2018 at 12:48 AM, jrlx said:

Cheers

Jaime

No arguments from me, I would also love to see any Ekranoplan being built. Is there any others available apart from the Revell one ?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I would also love to see any Ekranoplan being built. Is there any others available apart from the Revell one ?

There's a  Zvezda rebox of the Revell one. I have the Zvezda's boxing.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/122441-revell-04609-ekranoplan-a-90-orljonok

The other kits of Ekranoplanes listed in Scalemates are only resin kits:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/155717-anigrand-craftswork-aa-4014-alexieve-lun-ekranoplan

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/155720-anigrand-craftswork-aa-4066-alexyeve-km-caspian-sea-monster

They seem to be unavailable.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 12:15 AM, pheonix said:

Evening Pat,

Jamie has drawn this to my attention via my post on the dio I made for my build in the last GB. I was worried that the next one was going to be this year - if it was I would have been unlikely to enter as I have only just started a project which given the current rate of progress is going to take a little time.....

However I read with relief that it will not be until 2019, so I will try to enter a scratch build in the Sacred Scale: I am thinking of either a Hansa-Brandenburg W13 or W20 - both pushers so totally acceptable, and both on my "to do" list. Please note that with my speed of construction it will only be possible to make one of these.

I will keep an eye open for the votes for 2019 GB's and will try to ensure that I get one in.

To add to the interest stirred by Jamie here are a couple of better photos of my build plus the base that I constructed for it after the GB was completed.

41526385441_8e549fd4d7_c.jpg

41526385451_585961c7c5_c.jpg

P

Hi Phoenix 

You are most welcome to join this future GB

The pictures are amazing, I dread to think of the number of hours you have dedicated to that build but goodness me, it was sooooo worth it :partytime:

Cheers Pat

• 1 month later...