Flying Boats & Float Planes 2 GB Chat

12 hours ago, Beazer said:

Regretting choosing the kingfisher.  $80 just for the aftermarket cockpit...do I dare?

... it’s a long canopy, a lot of cockpit to be seen ... (why do I feel like I’ve just done the devils work? 😵)

13 hours ago, Beazer said:

Regretting choosing the kingfisher.  $80 just for the aftermarket cockpit...do I dare?

Could you post a Scalemates link for us to see which kit you're talking about? I'm curious :)

Cheers

Jaime

there's a few to choose from Dennis, don't know how available they are though.

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=rufe&fkTYPENAME[]="Full kits"&fkSCALE[]="1:72"&fkTYPEGROUP[]="Nakajima A6M2-N Rufe"

there are a few available in evilBay

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

there's a few to choose from Dennis, don't know how available they are though.

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=rufe&fkTYPENAME[]="Full kits"&fkSCALE[]="1:72"&fkTYPEGROUP[]="Nakajima A6M2-N Rufe"

there are a few available in evilBay

Thanks rich... So I checked out my account to Hobbylink japan. They have the 1/72nd Arii Rufe and with shippng its only $11.09 to the states. Guess thats what I'll be buying in August. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

5 hours ago, Beazer said:

It’s the cutting edge sets, I don’t think they make them anymore, thus the price.

So, it's the Cutting Edge sets for the 1/48 Monogram Kingfisher? Looks extremely impressive! I'll be following your build for sure :)

Cheers

Jaime

I haven’t decided if I’m going to make the splurge yet lol.  So expensive and trying to find an alternative source for similar kit decals that are not going to disintegrate would be nice.

won it for 60 usd shipped to my door.  What am I thinking lol.  I wonder if I could just convert some us decals just in case the old ones are toast.

Edited by Beazer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sign me up please! I have no floatplanes, neither built nor stored. Although tempted by a Felixstowe, even in 1/72 that is a monster I have no shelf space for. I will aim for some kind of stringbag though.

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Thom216 said:

Alright, I'm looking for a vac form canopy for the Matchbox HE-115.

Falcon has them, but from looking at Hannants, does this come with all these canopies listed? Seems odd to get all of them for $13.

spacer.png

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FNCV4272?&currency_id=2

I believe they do come as a complete set. If theres items in the set you don't want/need you could always move it on in the sell/trade area ? 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Leyton1881 said:

Is it too late or have I missed the (flying) boat.  I have my eyes on a Loire 130 Cl flying boat in Free French markings and this maybe the incentive I need.

Nope, you haven't missed it.  It starts at the end of the month.  ;)

• Like 1

With this GB running until Christmas and the popularity of the model in the Frog GB along with my committed models + real life. I will be moving by Blackburn Shark into this GB.

42 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

With this GB running until Christmas and the popularity of the model in the Frog GB along with my committed models + real life. I will be moving by Blackburn Shark into this GB.

If this one is as popular as the Frog GB, I'm going to have to give up work until Christmas to keep up with them.

Please remind me of this when I next offer to host a GB !

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

If this one is as popular as the Frog GB, I'm going to have to give up work until Christmas to keep up with them.

Please remind me of this when I next offer to host a GB !

Cheers Pat 

The first edition of this GB was quite popular: 84 entries, 43 finished. It gave me a lot of work as host.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi Jaime

How are the studies going ?

My oldest twins get their exam results tomorrow, we are all very nervous and excited at the same time.

Really glad you are co hosting this one !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

Just now, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Jaime

How are the studies going ?

My oldest twins get their exam results tomorrow, we are all very nervous and excited at the same time.

Really glad you are co hosting this one !

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat,

I finished all the semesters in Goethe Institut but level C2 (the last one) was just one semester long and that is not enough for doing the C2 Certification Exam (I got the C1 Certificate in February, by the way). I'll do one or two additional C2 semesters next school year, so that I can do the exam. Apparently, C2 exams are only performed in June, so I'll probably have to do the complete school year as training.

I hope your twins get good grades! Keep us posted!

Co-hosting the GB should be great fun :) I can keep track of all the entries and publish weekly statistics, as I did in the first edition. I'm still deciding on my entry but it will be something as simple as possible. Probably a Ju-52 on floats or an Ekranoplane. What will you be building?

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

My oldest twins

.. this implies you have more than one set of twins?

I have a set of 8yr old twins myself (& that’s all thanks!), so the implication you might have more than one set makes me feel a little faint!

1 hour ago, greggles.w said:

.. this implies you have more than one set of twins?

I have a set of 8yr old twins myself (& that’s all thanks!), so the implication you might have more than one set makes me feel a little faint!

You are correct sir

Mrs Jockney and I have 2 sets of twins, now 17 & 13, so we had 4 under 4 at the beginning !

So you can tell Mrs Greggles it could have been a lot worse, after all we now have 4 teenagers to deal with !

cheers Pat

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jrlx said:

I'm still deciding on my entry but it will be something as simple as possible. Probably a Ju-52 on floats or an Ekranoplane. What will you be building?

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime

I'll let you know how they get on, great to hear you are progressing in your studies.

Regarding the builds in this GB, I have to finish my Blackburn Perth, other options are Dornier doX, Heinkel he60, aviation Usk Pete or Ro43, I think I have a seafox somewhere which needs finishing. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing the eclectic mix of builds we had last time.

Cheers Pat  

• Like 1