Flying Boats & Float Planes 2 GB Chat

7 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

sorry I didn't finish mine. 

I have no room to talk having failed to even properly start mine !

Jaime rightly deserves all the credit for all the hard work he has done throughout this GB :worthy:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I have no room to talk having failed to even properly start mine !

Jaime rightly deserves all the credit for all the hard work he has done throughout this GB :worthy:

Cheers Pat 

Thank you very much, Pat. That's very kind. It was a pleasure seeing so many excellent builds being done in this GB, including those that weren't finished in time.

As I said before, better not rush a build because of a GB deadline. Just finish them properly in a WIP.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 4

Jamie, Pat, many thanks for hosting this fine group build.  I especially liked the running stats updates - finally coverage that seems to reflect the true ‘extreme sport’ nature of our so-called hobby 😉

Sorry to not have added to your tally in the gallery.  There was certainly fine company to be had in there!

I’m afraid the best I can claim is a dubious record for non-completion in both rounds of this now annual group build ... with the same plane!!!  Determined to be have it done soon & present with something fresh for the next round.

cheers,

g.

• Thanks 2

On 29/12/2019 at 11:54, greggles.w said:

Jamie, Pat, many thanks for hosting this fine group build.  I especially liked the running stats updates - finally coverage that seems to reflect the true ‘extreme sport’ nature of our so-called hobby 😉

Sorry to not have added to your tally in the gallery.  There was certainly fine company to be had in there!

I’m afraid the best I can claim is a dubious record for non-completion in both rounds of this now annual group build ... with the same plane!!!  Determined to be have it done soon & present with something fresh for the next round.

cheers,

g.

Thank you very much for the kind words, @greggles.w!

Don't worry too much about not finishing your entry. I didn't finish mine as well and have a similar awful track record of not finishing anything in GBs...

The most important thing is participating, learning from others and build our models to the best of out abilities.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Dear All,

The poll will close tomorrow, Sunday, 5 January, at 23:59 GMT.

Till now 28 BMers have voted. As there are 33 finished models it is a shame that we haven't at least as much voters.

Let's do a final push for showing our collective appreciation for the great finished models we have in this GB!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear All,

The poll is finished and I have the privilege to announce the three most voted entries:

17 votes         pheonix: Hansa Brandenburg W 13 1:72 (scratch built)

14 votes         pheonix: Blackburn Twin 1:72 (scratch built)

10 votes         Rod The Fixer: Douglas TBD-1A Devastator Floatplane 1:48 (Great Wall Hobby)

A big applause and congratulations to @pheonix and @Rod The Fixer for the excellent models! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

The GB is now concluded. Thank you all for your participation and interest. Maybe we'll meet again in a third edition of the GB in the future! :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Well done pheonix and Rod - you built beautiful models and your wins were well deserved.

I agree, two great scratch builds by @pheonix and a lovely Devastator from @Rod The Fixer are deserved winners of the group build, but not an easy choice to make with so many quality builds in the gallery. Well done guys, and a big thankyou to Jaime for keeping things rolling along. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's a pity I'm too late for this group build ... but I couldn't help noticing the quote at the top of the thread:

Look out mama, there's a flying boat coming up the river

With a big red beacon and a flag and a man on the rail.

Being a big Neil Young fan, I just had to laugh 🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Johnson said:

I wondered where the quote came from @klr, thanks.

I love Neil Young though I don't know many of his songs, but I've now added another. Sad though, :mellow:

I also didn't know where the quote came from. It was also used in the first edition of the GB. I believe it was @Enzo Matrix who chose it.

Cheers

Jaime

On 1/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, Johnson said:

I wondered where the quote came from @klr, thanks.

I love Neil Young though I don't know many of his songs, but I've now added another. Sad though, :mellow:

On 1/26/2020 at 10:37 PM, jrlx said:

I also didn't know where the quote came from. It was also used in the first edition of the GB. I believe it was @Enzo Matrix who chose it.

Cheers

Jaime

From the "any excuse to play a favourite song (yet again)" category: