Flying Boats & Float Planes 2 GB Chat

21 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Having got my Staggerwing barely started In round 1 I'll try again here. If that's OK with you??

Absolutely. Although if it was misbehaving in the last GB, perhaps something else might be less stressful ?

Whatever you decide to build you are very welcome to the GB :welcome:

cheers Pat

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Absolutely. Although if it was misbehaving in the last GB, perhaps something else might be less stressful ?

Whatever you decide to build you are very welcome to the GB :welcome:

cheers Pat

That might not be a bad idea actually Jockney the Wise. Would a real plane built as a prototype and flown but finished in What-If? markings as operational be OK? I have a Wildcatfish and some spare Turkish markings....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CliffB said:

I didn't make the last GB, so I really ought to make more effort this time.  Please sign me up Pat.

Thanks

Cliff

Hi Cliff

Delighted to have you join us, have you decided on your next victim for this particular GB ?

12 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Count me in Pat.

After building the Revell Albatross, one of the lads in the club is challenging me to build another! :think:

Cheers,
Dermot

Hi Dermot

You are very welcome, although it seems a shame to build the same kit, when there are so many others to chose from :(

7 hours ago, MarkSH said:

I have the Airfix Sunderland or the new tool Swordfish float plane in the stash so I’ll add my name as well.

Hi Mark

Thanks for joining us, the Sunderland is a classic and the new Swordfish is something I would love to see build, it's a great choice to have !

cheers Pat 

• Like 2

On 27/02/2018 at 10:39 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Cliff

Delighted to have you join us, have you decided on your next victim for this particular GB ?

cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat.

There are just three candidates in my stash:  S.6B (Chematic - ex. Frog),  Waco Custom Cabin Biplane (Dujin resin) and a Breda 25 (Choroszy resin).

If I were to go today I'd choose the Waco which, unusually for Dujin kits, comes complete with decals (Swedish civil markings).  Who knows which I will chose though, come the day :winkgrin:

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would take part, the only kit in my stash is a Testors 1/48 Supermarine S6B but I've been collecting references to scratchbuild a 1/32 Sopwith Tabloid.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, zegeye said:

I'll try to take part in this group. Have a lot of usefull stuff.

Now come on stop being such a tease, what do you have in mind ? :goodjob:

cheers Pat

On 4/25/2018 at 1:01 PM, Erwin said:

I have the Revell 1/32 nd Arado 196 to build.

Hi Erwin

Great choice, lots of people have treated themselves to this but few have dared build it !

Hopefully you will encourage us all to build the ones we have had for years :thumbsup:

cheers Pat

On 5/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, Ted said:

I would take part, the only kit in my stash is a Testors 1/48 Supermarine S6B but I've been collecting references to scratchbuild a 1/32 Sopwith Tabloid.

Hi Ted

Both great and Classic aircraft, I'm familiar with the S6B but what can you tell me about the Sopwith ? :shrug:

cheers Pat

13 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Ted

Both great and Classic aircraft, I'm familiar with the S6B but what can you tell me about the Sopwith ? :shrug:

cheers Pat

Hi Pat, the Tabloid was the Schneider Trophy winner in 1914 and used as a scout early in the war. I really like the look of it, especially the graceful engine cowling.

Sopwith_Schneider

• Like 2

On 5/3/2018 at 12:59 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Now come on stop being such a tease, what do you have in mind ? :goodjob:

cheers Pat

I don't really know for now. I have 17 flying boats and 20 plane with floats to choose from.   But I plan to choose sommething easy, in order to finnish on time 8-)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

"finnish"....typo, or...

Its a typo. Nothing from Finnland for now. Although I like W-34 and other types. Have a Junkers F-13 in a stash but it will be in a japanese markings.

Thanks for proposing a rebirth for this worthy subject Pat.  I would have liked to do so myself, but frankly I’m somewhat embarrassed by my failure to finish in the last round!

Sadly it’s been many months since I’ve had opportunity to play at scale.  However I will put my hand up for this in the hope that it helps me get back on the tools.

I take it I can blame the rules of GB for requiring me to start another kit 😉?!

It will certainly be something fast with floats; small, but with a thumping big engine; and streamlined with surface radiators.  A Macchi M.39/52/67/72 perhaps? Supermarine S4/5/6 🤔 .. or Curtiss? ..or Gloster III/VI? Hmmm..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, greggles.w said:

Thanks for proposing a rebirth for this worthy subject Pat.  I would have liked to do so myself, but frankly I’m somewhat embarrassed by my failure to finish in the last round!

Sadly it’s been many months since I’ve had opportunity to play at scale.  However I will put my hand up for this in the hope that it helps me get back on the tools.

I take it I can blame the rules of GB for requiring me to start another kit 😉?!

It will certainly be something fast with floats; small, but with a thumping big engine; and streamlined with surface radiators.  A Macchi M.39/52/67/72 perhaps? Supermarine S4/5/6 🤔 .. or Curtiss? ..or Gloster III/VI? Hmmm..

Hi mate

Ive been wondering where you were, I was going to organise a search party ! :thumbsup:

How far did you get last time ? There is a 25% rule, but I think the moderators could be persuaded to be flexible !

I don't want to give you an excuse to send it the shelf of doom with the other unfinished builds, and before you ask yes I have far too many in that category as it is !

cheers Pat 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

How far did you get last time ? There is a 25% rule, but I think the moderators could be persuaded to be flexible !

Well if anything is an example lets use the MTO 2 Group build. Anything started in the original MTO Grp. Build but not finished was allowed entry no matter how much was completed. You could always do that here as well couldn't you ? 

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks Pat, well I got 95% complete ... on the floats only!! Nothing actually done to the ‘plane! 😕  I think that could be construed as barely 25% of total?

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well if anything is an example lets use the MTO 2 Group build. Anything started in the original MTO Grp. Build but not finished was allowed entry no matter how much was completed. You could always do that here as well couldn't you ? 

That’s a generous idea.

Either way, I’d be happy to bring the Curtiss CR-3 back into the fold, .. and start a new one too 😁

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 12:56 PM, SleeperService said:

That might not be a bad idea actually Jockney the Wise. Would a real plane built as a prototype and flown but finished in What-If? markings as operational be OK? I have a Wildcatfish and some spare Turkish markings....

Apologies SS, 

I don't think I ever answered your post, personally if the aircraft actually existed I'm game with different markings, however any reason why given it's such a rare aircraft you don't want to build it to represent the actual markings ?

cheers Pat