1/72 Arma Hobby PZL P.7a

Here's my second completion of the year, the new Arma Hobby PZL P.7a:

DSCN6828.jpg

DSCN6830.jpg

DSCN6836.jpg

DSCN6833.jpg

DSCN6840.jpg

DSCN6841.jpg

The kit is the 'expert' edition which includes almost everything you could need; multiple (x5) decal options, etched parts and vinyl masks. I built mine almost out of the box but I did add the Attack Squadron resin wheels and propeller because they were nicer than the perfectly adequate kit parts and they were cheap enough for it to feel like a forgivable indulgence. The kit is nicely moulded and superbly engineered; I had no issues building it, although some of the etched parts were almost too small to see - that said there isn't that much in the way of etched parts and what there is does make a difference to the finished kit. The engine in particular is beautiful, it looks intimidating in the instructions but is actually very straightforward and effective as long as you keep an eye on the orientation of the parts and remember which way is up :) I did add bracing wire for the undercarriage from Albion Alloys Nickel wire, 0.2mm.

The underwing and tail-surfaces were painted in Colourcoats ACLW15 RLM76 Lichtblau and the uppersurfaces and fuselage were painted in a 50/50 mix of Colourcoats ACF03 Terre D'Ombre Naturel and AFC06 Ombre Calcinée; the interior was painted Citadel Runefang Steel and the engine parts and exhausts Vallejo Metal Color Exhaust Manifold. The tyres were painted Vallejo German Grey.

I used the kit transfers for the second option, White 5 of the 121. Fighter Squadron based at Crakow in 1935/6. This aircraft had a PZL P.11-type windscreen which is provided in the kit as well as the standard P.7a windshield. I had no particular reason for choosing this option beyond that I like the squadron badge on the fuselage.

Thanks for your attention and apologies for the verbiage :D 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 36

Very nice build.

It could be interesting to add, that P7 is a older variant of Pulawski fighter - better known are his next constructions: P 11 and P 24. Still 105 of P7 were in Polish Airforces outbreak of WWII, 30 of them in first line remaining served as advanced trainer-fighter. Polish pilots got some 10 victories on this type in September 1939 campaign. Several were later captured by both Germans and Soviets.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks gents :cheers:

Jerzy-Wojtek, I believe the next release from Arba will be the P.11 and I am already looking forward to that. Some of the markings options in the P.7a 'Deluxe' set are for wartime P.7a's :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

On 1/27/2018 at 12:09 PM, Fin said:

Your model looks great and I also want to thank you for the detailed wip thread! I`ve been waiting to see how the kit goes together and now I`m even more eager to build one too.

Thanks very much Fin, it's a nice kit, I think you will enjoy it :) One thing I would do differently on my next build would be to add the little etched ring-and-bead gunsight to the top wing after applying the decals, it is a very delicate part and does not take kindly to being handled!

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1