Looking very nice indeed!! I followed your wit and was quite impressed with the patchy paintwork on this build. You are going to have quite a collection by the time you have finished.

Neal

• Thanks 1

Hi Tony, I,m coming late to the party! But all your Tomcat builds are fantastic! I have a couple of the Fujimi boxings do you reckon the Hobby boss kit is better? 

Edited by Shrek51

40 minutes ago, Shrek51 said:

Hi Tony, I,m coming late to the party! But all your Tomcat builds are fantastic! I have a couple of the Fujimi boxings do you reckon the Hobby boss kit is better? 

Hi pal thanks for the love. 

I have a few fujimi cats too in the stash but not built any so can’t compare them sorry. 

The only other cat I have built is the revell 1/72 one, which set me off on this ‘adventure’ with all these Hobbyboss builds... 

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 28/04/2018 at 15:11, Dave N said:

Excellent work! that's a great looking Tomcat. The nine ship flightline would make a really impressive diorama.....(?)

Thanks Dave. 

With regards to the diorama - the AMS/OCD/Little boring man inside my head that makes me build a jet to match a photo would never allow that seeing as all 9 planes/squadrons/colour schemes didn’t exist at the same time... 😕

I hope you can appreciate/understand that. 

:) 

Edit - have a look at the group shot phot in post #27 where they’re all on a black towel that’s over the dining table. Just imagine they are all parked on some very freshly laid asphalt...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Thanks Dave. 

With regards to the diorama - the AMS/OCD/Little boring man inside my head that makes me build a jet to match a photo would never allow that seeing as all 9 planes/squadrons/colour schemes didn’t exist at the same time... 😕

I hope you can appreciate/understand that. 

:) 

Edit - have a look at the group shot phot in post #27 where they’re all on a black towel that’s over the dining table. Just imagine they are all parked on some very freshly laid asphalt...

Lol. I totally understand... :)

On 4/27/2018 at 5:04 PM, Tony Oliver said:

This Sluggers bird (centre) won a gold at the 2018 sword and lance show in Darlington.  :) 

E79_BC186-3_A7_E-4_E1_A-_BC29-_F1694_A99

congrats, all are stunning

cheers

• Thanks 1

What a scruffy, beautiful, realistic looking "in service" beast! I love it.

You have pulled off the weathering "par excellence". 

Terry

• Thanks 1

Really, I don't know what to say.

Awesome Tomcat replica/s.

The multi-hued paint and panel work; the chipping and shading are as good as ever I've seen - particularly in 1/72 scale!

:worthy::clap:

• Thanks 1