Well Tony, yet another masterpiece in model making.  You have got the look of your Tomcats properly squared away now.  I reckon that you could build one with your eyes closed and one arm behind your back.....!!

Superb work mate - love seeing your work.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, XL929 said:

That is absolutely gorgeous. Lovely Tomcat.

:wub:

10 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Well Tony, yet another masterpiece in model making.  You have got the look of your Tomcats properly squared away now.  I reckon that you could build one with your eyes closed and one arm behind your back.....!!

Superb work mate - love seeing your work.

Phil

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Tony,

Wonderfull ! I really enjoyed the paint job !

Great Tomcat for sure !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

3 hours ago, bearmatt said:

You did it again!

Well... I would say 9 out of 9 ;-)

Looking forward to number 10! Any idea what squadron / deco?

Cheers

Ben

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Uuuuuh! A Tony Oliver build AND a Tomcat! A perfect Friday night masterclass and jeez that detail...lovin these cats

1 hour ago, WildeSau75 said:

It cannot get much better than this I would say - top notch weathering & finish.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks guys you are all far too kind, glad you like it :) 

• Like 2

That's a great finish, Tony. I'm also grateful for the number of photos in your post - definitely worth it though, given the extent of your efforts to capture this particular jet's finish.

Very well done!

Andrew.

• Thanks 1

Wow! I had to check the scale of this, then double check on the WIP... the detail and finish doesn't belong on a 1/72!! I honestly thought this was much bigger, you must have seriously steady hands!

Great build, looks like its just come off a hard cruise, defiantly more interesting than a pristine jet!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matt_w said:

Wow! I had to check the scale of this, then double check on the WIP... the detail and finish doesn't belong on a 1/72!! I honestly thought this was much bigger, you must have seriously steady hands!

Great build, looks like its just come off a hard cruise, defiantly more interesting than a pristine jet!

Thanks mate much appreciated!

Here she is in my palm to show there is no photo trickery going on... also why I try and take a picture with the paints used as the start of an RFI for scaling. 

(The vf 31 sunset cruise and a have glass F-16 are lurking behind) 

5258_C6_CB-_D77_A-44_CC-9_D1_B-416_A02_A

Cheers, Tony

• Like 4

Another superb example of your work Tony. Getting modern US Navy birds to look 'right' is an artform in itself. You seem to have to start weathering from the beginning of painting !!

• Thanks 1

Tony..

ever since I saw the TOMCATS  Fly from the Naval base in San Diego  as a youngster I have held them I  highest esteem.. :wub:  :heart:

Your TOMCAT is SO REAL in its looks that it reminds ME of the real one.:clap2:

you turned out a STUPENDOUS looking TOMCAT. .  .  . LOVE IT.:hypnotised:

KUDOS.....:mike:

• Thanks 1

Superb job!!! An eye candy in each and every aspect!

May I ask how the MM paints behave? I don't seem to be able to get any of the brands to stop clogging the tip but then I heard of this line being different. 

Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

Yet aother great looking Cat!!!! How many more do you have on the go? Do you have a group shot of all thus far? If you're not a little jaded after so many awesome cats try the Tamiya effort in 1/48, it's an amazing kit

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, armored76 said:

May I ask how the MM paints behave? I don't seem to be able to get any of the brands to stop clogging the tip but then I heard of this line being different. 

Hi mate thanks, the paints are great, really rate them. Practically zero tip dry, even when the ambient temp is up and none when using the polly mix, the self leveller/retarder additive. 

Used them on a few other builds here too:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235028103-172-hobbyboss-tomcat-vf-21-freelancers-1991-mission-models-paint/

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235019716-172-f-16c-caracal-lonestar-gunfighters-mission-models-paint/

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235026658-172-mig-15-uti-mission-models-paint-acrylic-nmf/

4 hours ago, Simon382 said:

Yet aother great looking Cat!!!! How many more do you have on the go? Do you have a group shot of all thus far? If you're not a little jaded after so many awesome cats try the Tamiya effort in 1/48, it's an amazing kit

Cheers pal, hopefully a group shot tomorrow, one more on the go at the min, will update the wip with that one end of the week hopefully. 

Yes do have a tam 1/48 cat or two with all the brassin lurking in the stash for one day... Looking forward to them :D 

4 hours ago, DannyB said:

Stunning finish Tony! :thumbsup:

9 down, how many more are you going to do?!

Thanks mate. How many? Would like to do one from every squadron. What I can realistically achieve in this lifetime is another thing... :mellow:

• Thanks 2