Archive-X paint

mekon

Hi,

Just ordered a few bottles of this; anybody else using or aiming to try it?  Guy, the owner/producer, has reproduced the original Floquil colours used on the Star Wars fleet.  Some amazing results, worth checking out the facebook page for the references alone.  :) a

Cheers,

Ken

Archive- X

I follow them on Face Book, as you say Mekon some fantastic builds on the go with their paints.

Won't be long before I take the plunge and get some.

Cheers,

Warren

It's the fact that the logo is half off the top that sets my scrolling finger a-twitching... not the hemmit :)

I remember Floquil paints being mentioned in the old Sci-Fi modelling mags back in the day.  I think they were always difficult to get in the UK, but it's a long time ago, so I might be mis-remembering :hmmm:

Your're right; they weren't easy to get at the time, I think a couple of Railway dealers held stocks over here.  I had a stash from visits to the States, but only a couple of these are the formulation (and colour) that was used at the time of the original model making.  I only recently learned that the Floquil changed their paints at some points and the new formulation were not exact colour matches too the old ones.  The old stuff can sell for a pretty penny on Ebay, if and when they come, especially if you need a useful quantity.

cheers,

Ken