Had another go at some Armor - Sdkfz 222 1:48

Hi everyone,

Had another go at some armor and completed this little guy a couple of weeks ago.

I think I improved a little bit with the color this time if compared to my first attempt here. And yes, the one cage on the turret is intended to be a different colour, I was trying to imply that one of them was recently replaced.

Tamiya 1:48 Sdkfz 222 - Tamiya Acrylics, Abtulung Oils, Flory Wash, Black Dog resin bags etc, Vallejo Pigments.

Enjoy and please constructively critique away.

39867478271_88c8fd29a7_c.jpg

39867478251_3a98c57f9a_c.jpg

39867478231_f7b083f759_c.jpg

39867478191_587e0e1309_c.jpg

:D

Edited by Keeto™
  • Like 16

On 1/24/2018 at 1:39 AM, Jasper dog said:

Super, great paintwork and finish. I find these 1/48 armour kits a bit small these days but yours is excellent. :goodjob:

Thanks Jasper Dog. Here is sense of the size...I just realized that pic shows it with the aerial, which promptly got snapped off during the photo shoot! :huh:

25023939347_82e834fd4c_c.jpg

2 hours ago, Gorby said:

I do like that, it could easily pass for 1/35.

I'm tempted to do more 1/48 vehicles myself.

Thanks Gorby, I love the scale, I don't have enough display space at the mo, so it helps with that.

• Like 2

Superb!  

That is a wonderful build of a tiny little critter.  I hope you share many more of your builds and that you continue in 1/48 scale.  I too like their small size and they can be made into great little models.  Are you going to make a base for it?

Dan

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 7:09 PM, ScanmanDan said:

Superb!  

That is a wonderful build of a tiny little critter.  I hope you share many more of your builds and that you continue in 1/48 scale.  I too like their small size and they can be made into great little models.  Are you going to make a base for it?

Dan

Thanks ya'll!!

Hi Dan,

Yes, I was thinking of doing a little base for it....but then I started with this guy:

25088552667_954d275fd8_c.jpg

25088552607_8b4c776760_c.jpg

So I don't know if I'm ever going to get to that base! :D

Edited by Keeto™

I say get to building two of them at the same time! :D 

I mean you'll have all the bits and materials out anyway...so get cracking.

I dearly know the draw of the new kit as I have far too many projects on the go right now.  Keep having fun and share you fine results as the mood strikes as I am intrigued as to how that will come out under paint.

Dan

• Like 1