Polikarpov I-16 Type 24 Safonov`s "10" Eduard 1/48

Definitely out of my comfort zone, since I build mostly WWI subjects:  it`s Safonov`s number 10. The missing starboard decal was printed and designed by Melius Manu, thanks a lot Kajetan! The model was painted with Hataka Red Line colours (camo) and Gunze, Tamiya. I know it`s far from perfect but still a joy to build. I`m going to build another one in the future and hope to build it with more details and fewer mistakes. 

This is what I used for reference when it comes to the paint scheme:

attachment.php?attachmentid=10782&d=1406

And the rest of the pictures: 

LhM99C6.jpg
gHOc9pL.jpg
TBBGRRC.jpg
hV5F4bz.jpg
GNQd8Xi.jpg
RT85ZEo.jpg
PpybgGg.jpg

wCZiuNe.jpg
3fSavR3.jpg
poYRYo2.jpg
rRwexCf.jpg
W7n70zk.jpg
iLDPAOO.jpg
OPTontX.jpg
WWmKyWb.jpg

• Like 27

Excellent result! Looks perfect :)

J-W

P.S.

For those who do not read cyrilic - it is "For WKP(b)" (the acronim of Bolshevik party) and "death to fashism". Some Soviet planes has frequently "For Stalin". Just about the problems which some of us (including me sometime) has with swastikas. How we will feel about Bf-109 with inscriptions: "for NSDAP!" "and "For Hitler!"....

• Like 1

IMHO, you've done an excellent work there....that little Mosca looks awesome. Surely the real one had more mistakes than your model (if you could find any)......Congrats.....!!!

Cheers.....

• Like 1

One of the really nice things with that build is the sheen on the paint is absolutely perfect in simulating (to my eyes at least) metal that's been painted with camouflage paint. It looks like it's made of metal underneath. I don't know if I described that perfectly but hopefully you follow me as it's a big compliment!

• Like 1

That is a SUPER effort. I also noticed the exhausts. Did you use the kit exhausts or aftermarket ones ? If you did use the kit exhausts, did you drill them out ? The ground work on your base is very well done. Thanks for posting.           Bob H.

1 hour ago, Bob Henry said:

I also noticed the exhausts. Did you use the kit exhausts or aftermarket ones ? If you did use the kit exhausts, did you drill them out ? 

Bob, they are just the drilled kit exhausts. I thought about replacing them with injection needles but after drilling, they looked decent enough.