caproni ca-3

some pictures of my 1/72 choroszy caproni ca-3. already some time has passed since I built it . I myself see plenty of room for improvements and there will be another try in future.I liked the quite compilcated building process [especially that small tower with the machine gun on the backside of the pilots bos /appartment/whatever was drawn by the devil it seemed] but despite the room for improvements that I see , the result gives me a lot te be happy with. XPRBWoy.jpg   and  xIRbV7p.jpg  and   UJv39gw.jpg  and  JNWQkR7.jpg despite all the problems I had when building ,I loved the built . the kit is from choroszy ,is a very nice kit, like all the other choroszy kits I built and are quite reasonably prized  ,I think http://www.karaya.pl/en/-/0/caproni-ca-3-torpedo-version-c21.html?ref=%2Fen%2Fsearch.html.   

Edited by Emily-Emma silverscreen
spelling mistakes
  • Like 19
  • Confused 2

I tried different methods for rigging. only a couple of months that
I started to try.this rigging here was made out of copper rods from lionroar if I remember well ,or was it steel spring used for watches? [is very cheap and ok  for many things ,I buy the stuff at krikke's in groningen  https://www.modelbouwkrikke.nl/modelbouw/contents/nl/p977_aeronaut-7730-verenstaaldraad-1-mtr.html] ,and will not be repeated .I also tried nylon fishing thread [,was it 0.3 mm?] with drilling holes in the wings and the results are ok to me . but lately I try rigging with  ushi von der osten stretchable rigging thread that I super glue ,or try to super glue on the object ,at the base and top of the struts .sometimes just before placing the upperwing ,sometimes when the plane  is finished .that is the most succesful method up to now .I don't know it is because of uschi or because of my skills are devellloping ,or both so I keep experimenting. all methods have their pro's and con's. on ships uschi is lovely ,but o so difficult ,at least if you try to emulate all the ropes,antenna's and whatever else looks like a thread on a ship! will be contnued ,the rigging fight! more pictures will follow ,I hope .I just finished a 1/72 hr models hanriot d-1 ,a very delicate kit ,if you breathe too deeply it will break! now comes painting ,and rigging .

patience is NOT  my strongest side! but I have a lot of time . I consruct two or three ,maybe four rigging threads  and then call it a day .I do not like too much doing it ,but I like the result! sometimes at least .no ,not true,most of the times!

• Like 1