Delorean - Non BTF version?

HansReggelsen

There was a guy selling a resin conversion for the Aoshima BTTF car on ebay a little while ago, the resin casting was very poor though.

It seems to be that British built sports cars are a neglected area in scale models.

Cheers,

Stuart

• Like 1

There was indeed a resin transkit for the Aoshima BTF available in the late 90's. It was made by a guy in US trading as "AAM", All American Models. I'm not sure he's active today; I think it's been gone for some time now. It might very well be knock-offs of that kit that Stuart has seen recently?

The transkit included a new bodyshell and all parts to correct the exterior and interior. The casting quality was actually quite good, if not perfect. To deal with the guy was somewhat more problematic, it wasn't easy to get him to atutally send the stuff once he was paid if I say it like that... but eventually, after much time and hazzle, I got my kit.

It built up pretty nicely though. Here are two old pics from 15+ years ago of my build using the AAM transkit. I should perhaps take some new with today's camera. I built it in -98 or -99 using SNJ paint and polishing powder, with a tint to make it look stainless. That's what we had available to work with back then when it came to metal paint. It looks better IRL, still does actually.

DL1.jpg

DL2.jpg

As I side note I do have the VF 1/43 white metal kit as well, still unbuilt. It's a bit clumsy looking and somewhat oversized I'm afraid.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

There was indeed a resin transkit for the Aoshima BTF available in the late 90's. It was made by a guy in US trading as "AAM", All American Models. I'm not sure he's active today; I think it's been gone for some time now. It might very well be knock-offs of that kit that Stuart has seen recently?

I think that's quite possible, I took one look at the ebay auction pictures and lost interest. They looked like they had been cast in the dark. Your's looks far superior Jörgen.

• Like 1