Sherman Firefly Vc - Unimodel 1/72 - No! Just No!

Bonhoff

What a difference a coat of paint makes!

Looking all neat and tidy now, Ian. I don't envy you having to cope with all that mad micro-detailing.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Absolutely agree.....That's come together beautifully!  :thumbsup:

It looks to me like you persuaded the kit etch-light guards to work.....I gave up in frustration and used Dragon spares, so you've definitely earned my respect there!  :coolio:

• Thanks 1

Thanks Sarge,

To be honest, the etched guards about did me in, the former provided didn't really help and they are a bit misshaped.

I'm justifying it to myself that the originals had got bent when the Sherman went through a hedge....

Almost completed now.

KR's

IanJ

• 2 weeks later...

Home stretch - And the final insult....

Following on from the SCC15 paint, the running gear was then painted, just a bit tight in places but I think I covered everything.

And on to decals, once again disappointment...

41234112804_4229a75be2_c_d.jpg

Never noticed this before, decals "3" which are the serials for the option I'd chosen which was "Belvedere," are smudged.

One of the decal "11s" is also smudged so there goes option 3 out of the window too, which leaves option 2 which is "Allakeeper," if you've been taking notes during this build the evidence on the internet points to "Allakeefek" but the bigger problem is that these pictures show a different skirt arrangement to what I've built so that one's out of the window as well.

Oh well!

27084065897_00855bb3fe_c_d.jpg

28081942118_5e313b0fbe_c_d.jpg

That seam on the turret would, under normal circumstances, bug me, but I really have lost the will on this one, it'll go to the back of the cabinet and hopefully others will be forewarned that there are better 1/72nd Sherman's out there.

Kind Regards

IanJ

• Like 1