As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

John W Reid

"Keepers of the Flame."

This is a 1:16th diorama that I did for the Canada Aviation and Space Museum in Ottawa Canada.It tells the story of the most interesting era in aviation as far as I am concerned.The years between 1919 and 1929 before a lot of air regs when flying was just for fun.Cheers! John.

Edited by John W Reid

1:16th scale.The title reflects an era in aviation that pretty much anything went,no air regulations and no right way of doing things.There will never be another era in aviation history quite like this one.

A pic from my Albatros diorama.The old truck is being loaded with aircraft parts and pieces destined for the dump while maintenance is still going on in the hangar. 

Superb diorama John.  If I remember correctly you used to post your fine work on another WW1 forum?  I enjoyed it then too...

Edited by John D.C. Masters

Your dioramas always have a good story, a sense of dialogue if you will, to go along with the fine modelling.

Oh my! Thanks for posting John.

I have normally just plonked my finished aircraft on the shelf but want to do more in the way of dioramas.

This is giving me a bit of the kick/inspiration that I need. I will keep it simple first though!

Edited by Pinback
typo