1/48 Italeri Mirage 2000C 'What If'

I've had this kit in the stash for some time, but also now have the much more up to date Kinetic kit. I therefore decided to take a flight of fancy and do it as a What If USAF ANG aircraft re-engined with a P&W F-100 taken from a kaput F-15E kit (together with the ACES II seat). Painted with Hataka Orange Line paints, weathering being a Flory Models dark dirt wash, and Tamiya Smoke. Decals came from an Eagle strike set. TBH this build has helped keep my head straight as my brother was diagnosed with terminal cancer just before Christmas, and passed away last Tuesday at the age of 56, can't tell you how torn up i am about this, but messing with bits of plastic and visiting forums such as this does help. Anyway enough waffle, here's a few pics (one day I will sort a proper set up for taking pics!):

39814405171_258fe0e50a_c.jpgMirage 2000C ‘what if’ by bryn robinson, on Flickr

39104576034_656b5fd46a_c.jpgMirage 2000C ‘what if’ by bryn robinson, on Flickr

24944297397_657d470a67_c.jpgMirage 2000C ‘what if’ by bryn robinson, on Flickr

39782673732_068f2060b7_c.jpgMirage 2000C ‘what if’ by bryn robinson, on Flickr

39782673772_cb06887a89_c.jpgMirage 2000C ‘what if’ by bryn robinson, on Flickr

Edited by ForestFan
ERROR IN TITLE
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

- I  particularly  like the jet exhaust without turkey feathers.  well done Man........It could be equally interesting to see the "electric pie shovel" in VVS colors with trust vectored exhaust.......thanks for your idea...

• Like 1

Wasn't sure what to expect from the title but it looks really cool!! 

May I also offer my sincere condolences on your loss. I can't imagine how you're coping but whatever works

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss.

Back when Strike Fighters had a huge modding community there where some reskins similar to this. After all these years I can only find this one for an ANG Mirage III. .

USAF%2520MIRAGE%25203B.01_zpskjytpl60.jp

I like yours better.

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 2

my deepest sympathy to you and family  -

great model and idea!

remind me a bit of Egypt's M2000s, they are in two tone grey as well!

I really like it! Something totally unexpected, but worked out nice! The Mirage 2000 would hae been a nice alterantive to th ADF Vipers with Sparrow capability......

maybe a turkey feathered engine would suit the Mirage's lines better though ;)

• Like 1

Hello,Bryn - My heartfelt sympathies are extended to You and Your Loved Ones at this traumatic time.God Bless your brother.I understand exactly what you’re going through.My sister passed on in 2014.

Thank goodness for this great hobby and interest which is always there and waiting for us in times when we want to relax and enjoy or escape from things for a while.

I wish you more peaceful and brighter skies ahead.

I have always enjoyed viewing your builds and this fine-looking Mirage is no exception.Great work and well done you.

😉👍 All The Best,Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone, especially with regards to my brother (very nice words mcdonnell, I hope yo got through things ok when your sister passed). It's a great hobby to escape things, I really hope it gets easier as I'm struggling right now.

1 hour ago, ForestFan said:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, especially with regards to my brother (very nice words mcdonnell, I hope yo got through things ok when your sister passed). It's a great hobby to escape things, I really hope it gets easier as I'm struggling right now.

Hello,Bryn - Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful reply.You will find things a struggle right now and understandably so.Your emotions are raw at the moment but time is a great healer,trust me.

😉👍 All The Best,Paul.

• Like 1